Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Psychic Vampirism? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:27 pm
Well, I suspect I may be a psychic vampire. Guessing from several experiences:

One of my coven member felt really tired around me and told me to go out of the room. She realized an atmospheric change and said I was "draining" her.

If I'm tired on a school day, after I've been around people, I feel energetic and really hyper.

And today I was with my boyfriend and he complained of being exhausted.

I don't want to do this to people... Any advice or help?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:11 pm
For some people, being in crowds of people is very uplifting and energizing - it suits their personality. If you're naturally an extrovert, it make sense that being around other people revs you up. But that doesn't mean you're feeding off them.

I don't think you're a 'psychic vampire'. I think if (-if-) you have an energy problem, learning to properly center and ground will help you with it. The less you let your energy range around and get all over the place, the less you'll be inclined to draw on external sources to keep it steady and focused. And grounding will connect you to a freely-available source and hopefully eliminate the need to take from others.

What most people tend to call 'psychic vampirism' is more often pranic addiction. People don't -need- to feed off other people's 'energy'. Some people simply learn to like it, and keep doing it.

And frankly, 'psychic vampirism' is really not much more than some people having really shitty socialization skills and personality disorders.

Most often it's not anything more than a person who's learned to wind their friends up, cause drama, or be the center of attention for their own purposes. It's a really shitty thing to do to people - many folks use 'psychic vampirism' as an excuse people use for being emotionally draining on the people around them, and to not be held responsible for being a black hole because they 'need' it to survive.
Which is horseshit. Vampires are thieves. No more, no less. It seems ridiculous to me to encourage thievery.

I am not saying you're one of these people. In fact, I think you're probably not. But I'd think carefully about a coven mate saying you are. She may simply be being dramatic for her own reasons, or may genuinely think you're leeching off other people on purpose.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:07 pm
Morgandria

Most often it's not anything more than a person who's learned to wind their friends up, cause drama, or be the center of attention for their own purposes. It's a really shitty thing to do to people - many folks use 'psychic vampirism' as an excuse people use for being emotionally draining on the people around them, and to not be held responsible for being a black hole because they 'need' it to survive.
Which is horseshit. Vampires are thieves. No more, no less. It seems ridiculous to me to encourage thievery.

Morg- this is the best phrasing I have ever heard! Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:41 pm
If you're doing what is called psychic vampirism, you just have to learn to control your energy better. Instead of sucking in all the time (which you may be doing subconciously), focus on either keeping your energy still, or if you have enough energy, pushing your energy out-there's numerous benefits to the second option if you start to do it automatically.  

Ren Tohimaru

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:20 am
Morgandria
For some people, being in crowds of people is very uplifting and energizing - it suits their personality. If you're naturally an extrovert, it make sense that being around other people revs you up. But that doesn't mean you're feeding off them.

I don't think you're a 'psychic vampire'. I think if (-if-) you have an energy problem, learning to properly center and ground will help you with it. The less you let your energy range around and get all over the place, the less you'll be inclined to draw on external sources to keep it steady and focused. And grounding will connect you to a freely-available source and hopefully eliminate the need to take from others.

What most people tend to call 'psychic vampirism' is more often pranic addiction. People don't -need- to feed off other people's 'energy'. Some people simply learn to like it, and keep doing it.

And frankly, 'psychic vampirism' is really not much more than some people having really shitty socialization skills and personality disorders.

I am not saying you're one of these people. In fact, I think you're probably not. But I'd think carefully about a coven mate saying you are. She may simply be being dramatic for her own reasons, or may genuinely think you're leeching off other people on purpose.

I actually dislike huge, big crowds. Heck, I feel faint even in a hot room. Also, I tend to not ground a lot. So I shall do it more often and observe the differences, if there are any. But then again, I like being in a social environment.

Right. So people out there that claim to be "Sanguines" and "Emotional Feeders" are just bullshitting, basically? It seems quite fishy to me, so yeah. I agree with you there.

Morgandria
It's a really shitty thing to do to people - many folks use 'psychic vampirism' as an excuse people use for being emotionally draining on the people around them, and to not be held responsible for being a black hole because they 'need' it to survive.

About my coven member, well, she is a little, suspicious. Ex-Satanist and she knows things about demons. I suppose that's okay, but, she can over-react at times and she is dramatic. And even if I was leeching, I wouldn't do it on intention. I have trouble being empathic. She seems trusting, though. But I'll keep close watch.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:08 am
Simply drawing energy does not make you a psychic vampire. There are a million facets to psychic vampire practices. Most of which truly are bull. Basically they're just people who have learned to control their energy to a great extent but in doing so they lose some of their own energy so they steal other people's to replace it. And that's why they say they "need" it.
That is the textbook answer. I say anything is possible, but these people are very few and far between. Most people just say it to make their friends be in awe of them. But it just makes most people look crazy. It's a "woooo I can shoot balls of energy at you wooooo" kind of thing.
In theory, it is an interesting practice, but quite possibly dangerous. In reality, you probably, most definitely are not one.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:14 am
Azareas Aquarinus

About my coven member, well, she is a little, suspicious. Ex-Satanist and she knows things about demons. I suppose that's okay, but, she can over-react at times and she is dramatic. And even if I was leeching, I wouldn't do it on intention. I have trouble being empathic. She seems trusting, though. But I'll keep close watch.
The being an ex-Satanist and knowing about demons has nothing in itself to do with over reacting or being dramatic- you could have picked the color of her hair, or her gender for all the connection there is.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:27 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

The being an ex-Satanist and knowing about demons has nothing in itself to do with over reacting or being dramatic- you could have picked the color of her hair, or her gender for all the connection there is.

Yes, but it's the fact she "craves blood" and has violent urges that worries me.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:27 am
Azareas Aquarinus

Yes, but it's the fact she "craves blood" and has violent urges that worries me.

Why are you practicing with someone like that? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Why are you practicing with someone like that? sweatdrop
I'm not. Just merely educating a minor. I'll speak with my Priestess.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:33 am
Sorry- I got confused. sweatdrop If you're not practicing with her, how is she a covenmate?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:49 am
Esiris
Sorry- I got confused. sweatdrop If you're not practicing with her, how is she a covenmate?

Our coven are kind of spreadout and don't get much time to practice together, but we're pulling our strings. I've celebrated a couple sabbats with her.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:08 pm
I don't know- maybe I'm being unfair, but it doesn't seem like a good group to me. If someone's willing to put up with that kind of bs, it seems like there aren't good standards for the group to begin with- and then some people will put up with her stuff, they might even encourage her, and then other people won't and before you know it you have a witch war on your hands.

I guess if I was leading the coven that would be a HUGE red flag, and I wouldn't want to work magic with anyone who has lost that grip on reality.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:42 am
It is true that some people can 'feed' off another's energy, and being around others usually causes people to become happier and more energetic. About this, I can say really no more than Morgandria did.

I have a friend who is convinced he is a Vampire...whether psychic or not I don't know. I personally think he needs help--not saying you do, but my friend actually, really believes he's a vampire. He won't come into a house unless I say that he is welcome, he won't go out unless after dark, is obsessed with biting and blood....I want to punch him. :/ He needs help. Just..don't get like that.  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:41 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Well, I suspect I may be a psychic vampire. Guessing from several experiences:

One of my coven member felt really tired around me and told me to go out of the room. She realized an atmospheric change and said I was "draining" her.

If I'm tired on a school day, after I've been around people, I feel energetic and really hyper.

And today I was with my boyfriend and he complained of being exhausted.

I don't want to do this to people... Any advice or help?

The best way is to ground yourself. If you do need energy, try finding a different source, instead, like from the Earth. Visualize the energy from the earth flowing inside you.

Do you usually lack energy? Usually a psychic vampire drains people because it needs it, not because you feel like it. Half the time you don't notice, or at least me.

What I do is I put up "barriers". I imagine them holding in my own energy, and when I'm around people, it seems to help keep me from draining people. True, I still drain some of my friends, but only after I told them about me.

Like my friend Donald-kun. I feed from people by touching, so I rub his hands. It actually seems to also help him because he has TOO much energy. So it both works out.

If you need any help, feel free to PM me. ^^  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games