Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
What is your path?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:42 pm
No, I don't mean your pagan whatchamacallit religion thing. I hoenstly don't care about those XD
I mean, what is it you want?

For me, my path is thus: Know yourself, Know my Craft, Learn, Apply knowledge with wisdom, Achieve balance, Keep my words in good order, Keep my thoughts in good order, Celebrate life, Breathe and eat correctly, Exercise the body, Meditate and honor the Great Spirit.

I'd also like to learn more about and practice Native American medicine(which, it turns out, is as loaded a phrase as Wicca) but that will be difficult. All the indians here I know are very Christian, which is awesome and all, but it means they've forgotten the old ways, and the Great Spirit.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 pm
You mean what we're reaching for spiritually, as well as how we choose to live?

Lecter, part of the problem is the whole "Great Spirit" thing. Many Native American cultures had no "Great Spirit". Some are more similar, some are very different. Though maybe all you're saying is that the peoples in your area did. Which cultures are in your area? (Also I'm not sure calling them Indians is going to win you many friends.)  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:10 am
I guess thats what I'm looking for, yes.
Sorry, I seem to be stumbling over my words too much to get out what I want to say -_-'

I am Indian. Or at least a portion, I don't know if there's such a thing as 'pure blood' of any race.

My problem is that my great grandmother cut all the native culture out of the family, because in her day there was still a lot of racism, and being native was 'bad'. Now, I'm doing what little I can to learn... luckily, some members of my family still know a little. (I want my grand uncle to teach my some songs in Tlingit)

The other problem is that the tribe I've been told my family originated in is in Alaksa, not the state I live in.

My greatest obstical is my own ignorance. I simply have to strive to overcome it, though I imagine that will take time. Time I am willing to spend learning, if it means getting back some of what was lost to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 am
It's cool. Mercury's in retrograde.

You might have to go to Alaska at some point. What's necessary when searching for your ancestors, right? ^_^

I'm seeking to understand the universe through the Mysteries I come across in my spiritual work and through my Gods. Plus other stuff.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:47 am
Thats a noble desire, I think. I'd like to understand myself, though, before I try something that big. XD

I plan to move to Alaska eventually. Though it'll be hard to do... All of my family, or most of it, lives in this state, and my mom already lost one of the men in her life. I don't want her to think I'm abandoning her. Though I guess if I explain everything to her, aside from the witchraft thing, she'll understand.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:22 pm
My path is always evolving. I'd be hard-pressed to really describe it. I want to experience as much as I can, Mysteries great or small. I walk between. I have my feet in both worlds. I am always learning, and exploring. I am ruled by my curiosity. I like the little details of life - finding the macrocosm in the microcosm. I believe in the importance of hospitality. I believe in creating beauty. I believe in the necessity of sacrifice. I fear leaving this world without leaving something of myself behind, since I will not be leaving a genetic legacy. I strive to be worthy of the company of my ancestors and my Gods.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 pm
Right now I'm focused on understanding a spiritual experience I had better, my HP and HPS think that can be done in Wicca so now I'm a dedicant.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:17 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Mercury's in retrograde.
Question! What does that mean?  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:23 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Sanguina Cruenta
Mercury's in retrograde.
Question! What does that mean?

Mercury governs communication, supposedly. Retrograde is when a planet appears to move backwards through our skies because of the manner in which we're travelling and it's travelling. It's supposed to turn things a bit upside-down, so when Mercury is in retrograde there are meant to be more misunderstandings, problems with communication, you'll have more trouble making yourself understood etc.

Honestly it's the one astrological event I've actually seen affect my life. Years ago, I was having a spate of really terrible misunderstandings with people. They misunderstood me, I misunderstood them, etc, and I laughingly wondered to myself if Mercury was in retrograde. So I looked it up. And it was. Now admittedly Mercury goes into retrograde about three times a year so it may have been coincidence, but still. It made me take note.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 pm
Ah ok. I didn't think anything of you saying that until I saw it on TIP and I was like "Ok there has to be some importance behind this."  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:56 am
I'm a big fan of learning new things and figuring out connections. My path leads me in all kinds of crazy directions, and sometimes I don't know particularly why I'm drawn in a direction (beyond passing interest), but then later what I uncovered becomes a piece in another puzzle and things make sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:35 pm
Mine, in broadest terms, is to be happy.
I have a feeling it would be more complex later on.  

BlizzardAndTwo

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:35 am
My path is to be happy, read more because I haven't had much time, learn new things, don't take any disrespect from anyone, and always practice honesty.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:40 am
My oath at the moment is to take every day as it comes and treat everything (within reason obviously) as an adventure and a learning experience.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games