Welcome to Gaia! ::

RPG Knights (Another Adventure Awaits...)

Back to Guilds

A guild for rpg fans of any age or genre. 

Tags: rpgs, RPG Knights, gameing, role playing games, fantasy 

Reply Middle Ages (PSX-PS2)
Favorite Games for this eras ptII

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

h k d dummy

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:01 am
Mine would be:Thousand Arms, FFVII,VIII,IX&Tactics, Tales of Destiny 1&2, Star Ocean the second story, Grandsteam Saga,Vandal Hearts 1&2,Kartia world of fate,Legend of Legaia, Chrono Cross, Vanguard Bandits, BoF3, Suikoden 1&2, Xenogears, Persona 4, Growlanser Generations, Growlanser Heritage of war, Disgaea 1&2, Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Megaman x Command Mission, LOZ Orcania of Time,Windwaker,Twilight Princess, Fire Emblem path of radiance, Yugioh the forgotten kingdom, Mana khemia, Shin megami tensai nocturn, Dragon Quest VIII, and Tales of Symphonia.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm
Legend of Dragoon is a great game for the PS1. 4 Discs, great story, fun interactive combat.  

no im jory

Newbie Newb

h k d dummy

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:31 am
That is deffinetly true, Also great character design. yet I over did my favorites here already.XP.lol. I could also include the Saga Frontiers and stuff as well. great era for rpg's at least their silver age.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:43 pm
For the PS1 alone.

Once upon a time
Xenogears (MY FIRST RPG EVER OWNED, PLAYED AND BEATEN, ichosethatoverff7andgaveff7tomysister >____> now she's an ff addict.)
Breath of Fire 3 (BOF 4 was alright but not as cool...I need to reby BOF3)
Chrono Trigger (re-released for the PS1, I beat it on SNES, but I'm just a fan.)
Star Ocean The Second Story (Fun game overall)
Valkyrie Profile (FTW! working on hard mode)
Legend of Mana (Interesting approach and the first time I REALLY considered replay value without knowing what replay value was...well from this and Valkyrie Profile).
Brave Fencer Musashi (BRAVE F*ING FENCER MUSASHI! How could you not...continuing)

Recent Buys (last 4 years or so)
FFTactics (I did not get too far into it, it's a recent buy)
Vagrant Story (great presentation. I need time to play through)
Chrono Cross (I have yet to give my appraisal of it, but the graphics are welcomed through nostalgia. I wanted it long ago and I recently ordered it within a year)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (not quite the RPG but seriously fun)
Alundra (great game so far. Frustrating puzzle elements but great game and music)
Final Fantasy IV, V, & VI (I was after VI and Chrono Trigger from the beginning. On separate accounts, IV and V came along for the ride. I wonder if they have FFIII)

Games I Still Want
Legend of Dragoon (One of my friends still has that since its release. And I saw it in a store 5 or so miles from me and my place of business)
Jade Coocoon (I forgot why I was fascinated with this game but then I was curious)
Saga Frontier (See above)
Grandia (See above)
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (It just seems like a great game. I've always been curious about it).
Legend of Legaia (I heard it played like Xenogears. I played the demo then. It was alright but not enough to move me to buy it for some reason. 2D sprites were still cooler w/martial arts than 3D at the time so I dunno)
Parasite Eve (Played a demo of it. Seems fun & interesting. Once upon a time)  

Zeudokai

h k d dummy

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm
Zeudokai
For the PS1 alone.

Once upon a time
Xenogears (MY FIRST RPG EVER OWNED, PLAYED AND BEATEN, ichosethatoverff7andgaveff7tomysister >____> now she's an ff addict.)
Breath of Fire 3 (BOF 4 was alright but not as cool...I need to reby BOF3)
Chrono Trigger (re-released for the PS1, I beat it on SNES, but I'm just a fan.)
Star Ocean The Second Story (Fun game overall)
Valkyrie Profile (FTW! working on hard mode)
Legend of Mana (Interesting approach and the first time I REALLY considered replay value without knowing what replay value was...well from this and Valkyrie Profile).
Brave Fencer Musashi (BRAVE F*ING FENCER MUSASHI! How could you not...continuing)

Recent Buys (last 4 years or so)
FFTactics (I did not get too far into it, it's a recent buy)
Vagrant Story (great presentation. I need time to play through)
Chrono Cross (I have yet to give my appraisal of it, but the graphics are welcomed through nostalgia. I wanted it long ago and I recently ordered it within a year)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (not quite the RPG but seriously fun)
Alundra (great game so far. Frustrating puzzle elements but great game and music)
Final Fantasy IV, V, & VI (I was after VI and Chrono Trigger from the beginning. On separate accounts, IV and V came along for the ride. I wonder if they have FFIII)

Games I Still Want
Legend of Dragoon (One of my friends still has that since its release. And I saw it in a store 5 or so miles from me and my place of business)
Jade Coocoon (I forgot why I was fascinated with this game but then I was curious)
Saga Frontier (See above)
Grandia (See above)
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (It just seems like a great game. I've always been curious about it).
Legend of Legaia (I heard it played like Xenogears. I played the demo then. It was alright but not enough to move me to buy it for some reason. 2D sprites were still cooler w/martial arts than 3D at the time so I dunno)
Parasite Eve (Played a demo of it. Seems fun & interesting. Once upon a time)

Defenitly A great list, The games you want to get are all great games, I only played grandia on the dreamcast so I can't vouch for the psx version. but I liked what I saw.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:22 pm
And did I forget Suikoden 1?  

Zeudokai

h k d dummy

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:47 am
Zeudokai
And did I forget Suikoden 1?

Suikoden 1 was an amazing game! the sequel wasnt that bad, but no where near as good as the origional... Then the series declined from there.  
Middle Ages (PSX-PS2)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games