Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:34 pm
User Image

Tama was on the hunt for his brother. Being the son of the leader of the pride came with some benefits. Even though his mother had told him that he was an equal to everyone, it somehow seemed to work to throw his mother's name around, remind everyone that he was the leader's son and thus could rat out on anyone that wasn't doing their job right.

Tama didn't abuse it like he could. He just...did it so he could spend more time doing what he wanted, and not having to worry about his apprenticeship.

"Obi! Where'd you go, bro?" Why was that lighter-coated brother of his so hard to find sometimes??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:57 pm
User Image

Obi had recently decided to train to be a guard like his father. He enjoyed learning all the things he would need to know for the future but was disappointed as it became less of a game and more of a responsibility. It made him rather nervous, trying to take it that seriously.. so he had wandered off on his own, making a game of wandering around the pride's lands from shrine to shrine, pretending to be on patrol. He'd already been around to a couple shrines- and avoided a couple others (some of the keepers were really odd)- and he was circling back around to find another to visit.

It was complete accident that his path crossed with his brother's. Had he been focused on only his game and not being social along the way (some of the keepers were really fascinating).. he might not have noticed when he spotted his brother and heard what he was sure what a call out to.. someone.

"Tama!" he called back, changing his route and heading for his brother.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:39 pm
"Hey, where were you? I thought we had plans to meet up!" It was hard, being an apprentice to the same job that your father was in. It meant that it was easier for him to check in on Tama's progress....and probably find out that Tama skipped out on his duties as much as he could get away with.

"Are you actually doing your duties? I didn't think you had it in you," Tama said with a smirk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:40 pm
"Did we?"

Obi stumbled to a stop to try to think of any plans he might have made recently, but he couldn't think of any. He didn't doubt his brother, though. That meant he forgot- he never got a chance to apologize, though. He considered confessing to playing but that sounded a little too childish, he wasn't sure it was still OK to play.

"No, I'm practicing," he said, thinking quickly and grinning, "Want to come with me to check out a shrine? I was sure there was one around here somewhere."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:01 pm
Tama wasn't going to worry about the fact that obi probably forgot that they were supposed to meet up. What was the point? There were more important things to worry about right now, like hanging out and ignoring the 'grown up' things they were learning about.

"Really? Sure!" Tama always assumed that it was good for guards to know where every shrine was, in case there was some sort of attack. Then he'd know where to concentrate his attacks and save the day...if that day ever came, that is. The Ulili-Mlindaji was a very quiet, peaceful pride.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:09 pm
"OK, come on," he said brightly, turning himself to lead the way in the direction he had originally been going, "I've already been to a couple shrines. Keepers can be weird."

Obi was happy to have some company, everything was more fun with someone else around- especially his brother. He'd have to ask how often guards worked in pairs, he wasn't really sure about that.

"I don't remember which shrine exactly this one is," he said, able to visualize where they were going but unable to name it, "I wonder what its Keeper is like."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:33 pm
"There's too many for my brain to remember," Tama said, his tail swishing behind him as he followed his brother. "I've been trying to remember the edges of the current border, so I haven't had much time to investigate any shrines that Mother hasn't taken to us previously." Even then, it had never been much, and more from a business-standpoint, being Salma and all.

"Maybe weird like the other ones?" Tama grinned. He had no idea how someone could keep themselves so restricted to a certain, small area.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:44 pm
"I was going to go around the borders but I figured it'd be easier to get into trouble doing that," he said matter-of-factly, though he did rather like the idea of really practicing that way. He wasn't completely unhappy with his current set up, though. It was interesting to see the shrines without mom around, but it would be nice to have Tama there now.

"Maybe," he agreed, "But now that you're around, it'll be easier to get away."

Talking his way out of a visit with or a lecture from a keeper was definitely not getting any easier with his practice. But it could only improve, and unless Tama said something stupid that got them stuck there, they would be fine now.

"Look! Found it!"

They came through the trees to a clearing where there were carefully marked and arranged stones- including some rather big ones. Obi didn't hesitate to bound up to the shrine, beaming-- and then he realized there was nobody around. Where had the Keeper gone?

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:24 pm
"Get away from what, trouble?" Tama laughed, knowing that there was no trouble around here. He didn't realize that the two of them could certainly count as trouble!

Tama stayed behind Obi as he pointed out the shrine, rushing the stones in excitement. It was different, approaching a shrine without Mother. Like...it meant something more? Perhaps without a nagging Keeper around, the whole idea that had been his mothers was a little more appreciable rather than something that had always existed.

"Woah." So expressive.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:29 pm
"I wonder where the Keeper is," Obi said absently, taking the time to walk around the shrine before coming back to a stop before it again, "This one is pretty big, like you could almost climb it."

He looked at the scratch marks on the stone curiously.

"Which one do you suppose this is?" he asked.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:39 pm
"Maybe they got hungry?" Not all the hunters could bring their meals to each shrine...or could they? It seemed like a lot more work than Tama would be willing to do for one that just...sat around a bunch of rocks all day.

"Hmmmm." Tama pushed his head right up next to Obi's his eyes narrowing as he looked at the markings. "I dunno, I can't understand any of this. I guess I should have paid more attention when we were being taught about it."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:47 pm
"Maybe," he said, privately agreeing with the idea that it'd be annoying bringing food all the way out here when all the Keeper did was hang around waiting for visitors. There was a reason he hadn't chosen to be a Keeper, which fed into his little appreciation for it.

"It's just a pile of rocks, what could happen?"

Daringly, Obi leaned back onto his hind legs and put his front legs onto the shrine as if to push. If it took a bunch of shifters to move the big ones, what could really happen?

"Are we supposed to just be able to figure it out?" he asked doubtfully, looking back down to the markings. Maybe he'd fallen asleep during that explanation.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 pm
"Do you think this shrine even has a keeper? Wasn't Mother trying to make shrines, even without each one having a keeper?" That was a lofty goal, since there were apprentices finishing and starting to keep their own shrines, but Tama wasn't really sure. This little adventure proved just how little he knew about his home.

"Woah, what are you doing, Obi?" Tama had that sinking feeling in his stomach. But...what could happen? The rocks were secured, weren't they? "Don't break it, it won't be my fault!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 pm
"True."

Perhaps there was no keeper around here, but it was so big and busy looking- how could this be one of the ones that was just left to itself? He didn't get a chance to ponder before very suddenly, Tama realized that Obi was leaning on the shrine.

"It's not going to break, Tama," he said confidently, "Look how big it is! You'd need like five shifters to get this anywhere."

He tapped his paws on the large stone for emphasis before pushing himself back off of it and putting his feet back on the ground.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm
"Y-yeah, it is really big, but....is it on the ground solidly?" He worried that it might roll away, never to be seen again! They were just adolescents, so Obi didn't have all his strength yet...granted, Tama didn't either and he knew that he couldn't save it if it started to shift around.

"I thought I was a rebel. Geez, Obi. Don't scare me like that. Mother would tie us up to a tree and never let us go if something happened."

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff