View Results

Ancient Ookami

Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:47 pm
Which do you think is better? The Shōwa, or Heisei Kamen riders?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:12 pm
I can't say I've only seen this era kamen rider  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

Ancient Ookami

Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:17 pm
Kamen Rider G
I can't say I've only seen this era kamen rider

That would be the Heisei series.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:18 pm
yea I know that I just didn't say it  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

Kiriyama Ren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm
The Heisei riders are a lot more gimmicky, but often they have a lot more thought put into the story and how they interact and continue to be related to the kaijin that they fight. They have a lot more variety in how they fight or what motivates them, and often have much more stylized fighting abilities.
The Showa riders are about as ungimmicky as possibly. (They have kicks, punches, and occasionally something that sets them apart from other riders like X and Skyrider) The storylines don't tend to always be as coherent and the action definitely didn't age as well as it could have. Often when they're fighting a kaijin there isn't much reasoning behind it than "it's the right thing to do."

Most of the Showa riders are modified humans. that is, humans who were modified by either a dark organization, or a helpful one. in either instance, they were human but aren't anymore even if they can appear human. Most of the Heisei riders, are human. (with some exceptions) Their powers tend to come from the belts, and not within them focused through the belt.

In general, the heisei riders are a lot easier to find, and tend to be easier to get into. Showa riders often take a bit more getting used to.

I've a soft spot for a few series. some in the Showa era, and some in the Heisei era. As the Heisei riders are easier to find, I might have to go with them simply due to ease of access.  
Kamen Rider heroes of the world

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games