Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Fluff Tradition Problems

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bamfiz

Greedy Capitalist

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 am
So I have come across yet another fluff tradition sweatdrop (I would rather not give out the name in case I offend anyone) so instead of trying to find another tradition by myself, I was wondering if you guy's could give suggestions for none fluff traditions that I could look into more. Please and thank-you!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:15 am
Tradition of what?

I mean... I don't know what you believe, how you practice or what you're looking for, even if I make the assumption that you're after a tradition of ENP witchcraft.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:19 am
As long as you phrase it respectfully, I don't think there is every anything wrong with asking questions about a specific tradition. But as San mentioned, it's hard to give any detailed info when we don't know what you are looking for specifically.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:07 am
Sometimes traditions seem fluffy but it's really the members inside it.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Bamfiz

Greedy Capitalist

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:25 pm
Sorry for not making it clear in my first post, sweatdrop I kind of neglected to share my beliefs so I could get actual help lolz
I am more so looking for a Tradition that has an authentic history (One that is not obviously made up please ^.^ wink , and believes in God and Goddess and that other deities are faces or other sides to them. I would prefer to avoid traditions that have in vampires, zombies, and werewolves. I don't believe in Fae either.
Perhaps it might be easier for me to just become Eclectic again, but I prefer being apart of a group because practicing alone makes me feel a bit... lonely >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:19 am
chubathang1165
Sorry for not making it clear in my first post, sweatdrop I kind of neglected to share my beliefs so I could get actual help lolz
I am more so looking for a Tradition that has an authentic history (One that is not obviously made up please ^.^ wink , and believes in God and Goddess and that other deities are faces or other sides to them. I would prefer to avoid traditions that have in vampires, zombies, and werewolves. I don't believe in Fae either.
Perhaps it might be easier for me to just become Eclectic again, but I prefer being apart of a group because practicing alone makes me feel a bit... lonely >.<

Well a lot of religious witchcrafts (I mean, they are different religions rather than traditions of the same religion) have a "made-up" history and then a "let's face it, that didn't actually happen" more practical realistic history also. So it sort of depends what you're looking for here.

You want a soft polytheistic religion, then you're a bit limited and may have to go eclectic. Otherwise, Cunningham's "Standing Stone" might work well for you. I'm not sure there are many religions that worship in a totally soft poly way, though. I think Feri worships specific deities but doesn't make a specific comment on other deities and whether they're aspects thereof or different, but I'm really not sure as far as they go. Wicca worships specific deities. And I can't think of any more.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Bamfiz

Greedy Capitalist

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:01 pm
Thank-you for the information, I shall look into it biggrin  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)