Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[jrp] when time and life shook hands (Taya x Rujua)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 am
User Image

Rujua was going to have a stern few words for his daughter when he finally located her! Why was she always running off like this? Didn't realize how dangerous the world was? And what if her symptoms started acting up when he wasn't around? Sure the other healers in the pride were more than capable but Daraja was his daughter! Anyone could tell that just from looking at them... she'd even been named similarly to him! He loved her so much, she was all that he had left and... well now she had snuck off so she could go play with friends.

He gave a deep sigh as he lumbered along, nodding and greeting several members as he went.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:19 pm
User Image

Her cubhood felt so far away. Taya slowly walked amid the various members of the pride, now and then administering some bit of help for the coughing, something to help them feel better if only for a while. It was all inevitable, though. Everybody was dying around her. Or... Most everybody. She let out a rattling sigh, closing her eyes for a moment. Would the gods ever take pity on them?

She opened her eyes, spying Rujua. He looked like he was looking for something... Possibly his daughter. The dark lioness chuckled to herself, then went padding over to him. "Lose something, Rujua?" Her voice was rough and scratchy, the result of a life spent coughing. She had no idea what her voice sounded like NOT scratchy.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:26 am
    His light eyes flicked up to meet almost mirrored ones, though they did not belong to his daughter they possessed the same bright, orange color. He snorted at Taya's words, dipping his head slightly. "Why yes, I have misplaced something very important... Actually, I think it misplaced itself." He gave a slight smile, but it was easy to tell it was tinged with worry for his only daughter.

He knew the dark lioness was a healer, but that she was also sick herself. There were quite a few lions who were the same. How could they not work hard when more than half the pride was sick? It was admirable, but Rujua knew that it was also nice to be cared for when most of your day consisted of taking care of others. "How are you feeling lately? I think I have some herb that would releave that cough, at least for a little while." That was his way of offering, his eyes were already off the female though.

He wasn't trying to be rude, he just really needed to know his daughter's whereabouts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:14 am
The dark lioness began to answer, but a coughing fit had her bending down, face contorted as her sides shook with spasms and her lungs rattled. It was like they were beating a song out against her rib cage, with her not particularly wanting to. When the fit finally passed, she spit out a glob of blood, staring at it with detached fascination before looking up. "I think that should answer the question..." She tried clearing her throat, but it remained scratchy as ever. "I think a little relief would be nice, thank you..." She reached a paw up and rubbed her throat. "Would the misplaced something or other be your daughter? I think I may have seen her off playing with some other cubs earlier."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:23 am
    Rujua adverted his gaze as the coughs racked the fellow healer's body, always finding it rude for one to stare. Of course, this was such a common thing in the pride that often younger lions or old friends would continue on the conversation as if it wasn't happening at all. Rujua felt pained whenever another of his pride member's health started acting up, he had to wait and just let them get through it until he could help in any way possible.

He sat slowly to better look through the pouch that hung about his neck, after a moment he found the proper herb. "You should be familiar with this." He murmured, voice polite as he handed it over to her. "Chew it up and swallow the juices, but spit out the leaves." He reminded her, in case she used something else more frequently.

"Ah yes! Indeed it is my daughter." He gave a pained smile, only because his daughter was always running off and trying to defy his rule. He glanced around as if he would be able to spot her right away, but no such luck. "Would you like to take a walk, perhaps lead me to where it was you saw her last?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:00 am
Accepting the herb, Taya chewed on it. She knew it rather well, herself, but rarely found time to go get it. Or find an apothecary to get it from.. She was always too busy helping others, doing her best to ignore her own ailment in favor of helping others with theirs. As the juices coated her throat, she felt a relieving sensation. With bits of plant in her mouth, she smiled. "Thank you, Rujua..."

Fiery gold eyes shifted looking around. "I think I saw them that way.." She pointed, then started walking. "You know, your daughter's not showing the signs of the disease as much as others, as far as I've seen..." It actually pleased her, really. While it meant having, on one paw, to use less herbs and saving them for others... It also meant a higher chance, in Taya's observations, of either being just a carrier or immune. She dearly hoped that was the case, at least.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:51 am
    He smiled briefly in return to her own smile, nodding. "Of course, it's the least I could do." Really no thanks were needed, this was his job. "You... should take better care of yourself Taya. We can only help others so long as we are strong enough to do so." His words were quiet, hesitant because he was not sure how she would react to them. Rujua always felt a little uneasy when he discussed some of the sicker healers' health issues, mostly because he'd been born immune to the disease. Sometimes this made him feel guilty, other times fortunate.

He walked beside her, tail flicking. "Some nights it's very bad, but you're right. Most of the time she does not seem to struggle with it." He had no way of knowing if this was just a show or not though, often she did not let him check on her. She always went to other healers, which pissed him off. Why did she do things like that? He sighed deeply, thinking about his daughter. "Children are such a handful..." He said softly, sounding slightly upset. It had been his late mate who'd wanted children, he'd never intended to bring more cubs into the pride... he'd always believed that way was better for the pride. But his mate had insisted... and now his mate was dead.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:05 pm
The lioness let out a hm, tail twitching. After a few minutes of chewing the plant, she spit it out. She couldn't keep chewing it or she'd end up swallowing it. "I guess I get so wrapped up in helping others... I forget about myself." She looked down at her paws, watching them move. "It's almost reassuring for my mind, to not focus on my own illness."

She tilted her head, listening to Rujua's words. "They are, aren't they...?" She closed her eyes, contemplating the extent of the symptoms of the other lion's daughter. "I think the big sign will come with if she gets better or not. If she does, I'll wager my last big meal on her being a carrier or immune. If not... Well, that's life for the Kitwana..." It wasn't a pleasant life, as far as she was concerned.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:07 pm
    He nodded as she spoke, it made sense to him. It was better to focus on the helping rather than dwelling on the illness. It was not something he was able to personally experience, but he'd come to know this from many of his patients. They spoke of their hobbies and their daily lives, hardly ever wanting to converse about their symptoms or how bad the illness was day to day. "Yes, but maybe if you get in a habit of at least taking some persuasions you will not have to dwell on it." That was the most advice he could offer her... ultimately, she would know best.

He gave a sad smile as he looked to his companion, nodding more. "Yes, that is life." He repeated softly. "But it makes... our pride strong. I feel that... it gives you more to appreciate in life." And even to appreciate life itself. Some lions were so sick that they did not know if tomorrow would come... to some that new day was a blessing, and to others it was another day where they had to live in pain. "I suspect it is all a matter of perspective."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 pm
The dark lioness smiled. It was a small one, but it was there. "I suppose so... On all counts. But in the end, we all die, disease or not." With a bitter chuckle, she paused, looking around. "Now where did that mischievous little cub go, eh?" She would have sniffed, but her sense of smell had long since been destroyed. Nothing reached the depths of her nasal passages except air. Finally, she let out a puff of air. "I'm not so sure I'll be much more help, Rujua... I couldn't smell her if I tried to at this point." She heard the coughing of a lion somewhere near by. "You might check over by the water, I think the cubs are all playing over there right now. Anything to distract from the situation..." She gave a bow of her head. "I hope you find her soon enough, Rujua, but now.." She nodded with her head. "I have a patient to tend to." Work, it seemed, never ended, and Taya padded off, occasionally letting out a small cough. The herb was helping, that was for sure.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:51 am
    He breathed out slowly, nodding. I'm sure she's around somewhere." It wasn't like cubs could just up and wander past pride boundaries, that would be crazy. "But thank you for your assistance."

His tail flicked as he watched her pad away, then resumed his search for his daughter.

end

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff