Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:07 pm
A few days ago I was exploring the InterWebs (yes I call it InterWebs xd )

I stumbled upon a website that has the meaning of names so I put in my own name. Here are the results for my first and last name. Also I put how they relate to me.

Joseph- God will increase

Gioia- Italian for "Joy"

Add that in the Name Calculator and you get God Will Increase Joy!

I began to think of how this relates to me and my personality. Although I believe I am happy there are a few things in my life I wish were better (not going into that currently) BUT I thought about what I have done for my friends, I always have gone the extra mile just to make sure they are happy. Seeing my friends smile has become one of the most important things to me!

On several occasions a friend or two has been in a jam and came crying to me. After spending some time with me they knew they were safe and happy.

That's my lil story so I'd like to ask all of you what your names mean smile you don't have to do your magical names if you dont want to since I know some people can be guarded about that! have fun!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:23 pm
caesar821

That's my lil story so I'd like to ask all of you what your names mean smile you don't have to do your magical names if you dont want to since I know some people can be guarded about that! have fun!

My user name has to do with my D/s relationships- but it doesn't really suit me. And my birth name is really binary-gendered an since I'm not, it doesn't really fit me.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:25 pm
Esiris
caesar821

My user name has to do with my D/s relationships- but it doesn't really suit me. And my birth name is really binary-gendered an since I'm not, it doesn't really fit me.

well it doesnt really matter what gender your name is for. the meaning is the important part smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:27 pm
caesar821

well it doesnt really matter what gender your name is for. the meaning is the important part smile
Ummm... it matters a lot to me. Non-unisex names have a lot of social weight and a huge psychological effect on how people respond to you.

Given what has happened today- it matters a ******** lot to me thanks.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:30 pm
Esiris
caesar821

Ummm... it matters a lot to me. Non-unisex names have a lot of social weight and a huge psychological effect on how people respond to you.

Given what has happened today- it matters a ******** lot to me thanks.

sorry if I brought up a bad memory i didn't mean too. sad

I just thought this thread would be cool for people to share....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:37 pm
caesar821
It's not the memory- it's that if someone looks at your name, they don't do things that undermine who you are because your gender and biological sex don't match. Because you don't have to think about that kind of thing- making assumptions about how it effects people like me is really rude.

But it was an honest mistake, and you apologized- so no hard feelings, ok?

Quote:

It's a cool thread. My covenmates have magical names, but I wasn't given a name at dedication- so I'm not really worried about it or anything.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:39 pm
Esiris
caesar821
It's not the memory- it's that if someone looks at your name, they don't do things that undermine who you are because your gender and biological sex don't match. Because you don't have to think about that kind of thing- making assumptions about how it effects people like me is really rude.

But it was an honest mistake, and you apologized- so no hard feelings, ok?

Quote:

It's a cool thread. My covenmates have magical names, but I wasn't given a name at dedication- so I'm not really worried about it or anything.

as long as there's no bad blood smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:41 pm
caesar821
as long as there's no bad blood smile

Nope- no bad blood. Just be aware of it, so that when you meet other people who aren't in the gender binary- you do your best not to upset them. cat_3nodding  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
*~Arcade~* (fun & games)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items