Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World! +More!!!

Back to Guilds

Tags: shonen-ai, yaoi, poll, anime, manga 

Reply The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World
What was your reaction when you first encountered yaoi? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The roof of my mouth hurts
ORLY
36%
 36%  [ 63 ]
CUZ of that hot thang you 8ght ho
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Wtf does #2 say?
23%
 23%  [ 41 ]
OMG liek sut up nuBa tree (3 yU GAY
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
lolololololololololololololololololololololololol
29%
 29%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 175

shojosparkles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:14 am
My first encounter with it was via Gundam Wing parody fanfiction. I was confused about the 3x4 scene that was occurring. I was like WTF, but a lot of the Gundam Wing fanfiction contained slash, so I decided to accept it. I came to really like it later.

I also remember accidentally bumping into that huge Gundam Wing doujinshi archive that used to exist a long time ago. It was massive, but supposedly someone reported it and it dissapeared. ;_;  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:21 pm
I was saying: "Nononononono... these people have problems..." XD

It was a Yuyu Hakusho doush (don't know how to write it) and I hated... It had a beautiful art, though...

The first slash I've come to accept was Touya/Yukito, but I was still in denial.. It was like: "Ok.. just because it's Touya/Yukito is ok... other couple isn't ok..." That last for a year, sorta... Then hell had opened and I was slashing everything I saw... XD  

Harue-chan

Invisible Giver

8,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

MadRagingVen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:56 pm
To be honest, I was quite disturbed, but now I love it. razz

I can't remember who exactly was the first couple I encountered, but it was someone from Digimon..... xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:22 pm
~ heart ~

~My first encounter was with Digimon fanfiction. I kept coming upon these weird terms: 'yaoi', 'shonen-ai', 'lemon', 'lime'. Not knowing what they were, I stayed away for a while. Finally, I got fed up and decided to find out what they were exactly. Well, I went into a Yamato/Taichi 'shonen-ai lime' boardering on 'lemon'. Ya. Not my best first experience, but I got hooked when I decided to try looking for something....tamer.~

~ heart ~

OkamiYuki

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Clambake 200

SunnySkys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:29 pm
i've only just become gay so at this point reject yaoi, I have to admit that i've never heared of "lemon" & "lime" before.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:37 am
yuch
gross
that is so wrong

my thoughts at age 13

now
cute
love
what more

User Image  

Bloodyblade666

General Ninja Ferret

Demonic Master

24,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:50 pm
Hmmm...my first reaction...well, I was looking through Naruto fanart and I came across a picture of Kakashi making out with Sasuke. My first thought was "O_O OMG! WTF?" And I looked at a few more pictures like that and I came to enjoy boy love after that encounter.
3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:42 pm
User ImageI don't remember how I first saw it but when I did I didn't like it...I also don't remember how I began to like it.User Image  

Silent Thorn

Irina Krycek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:43 am
The first time I came upon yaoi/shonen-ai was while watching the CCS anime on TV, so it was aaaaall Touya and Yukito's fault! And I remember that, right in the begining of the series, I thought their relationship was a bit... odd... so I asked a friend of mine(who's a total CCS-addict) if there was something I was missing? So she told me all about the whole yaoi/shonen-ai world.
But, anyway, my first impression about it was "that's a bit weird... and definetly not my thing, but whatever...". It was only years later, after reading HP (SiriusXRemus! XD), that I fell in love with it and set off on a quest to turn every single one of my friends into a yaoi-fan! 4laugh

Wow, I babble a lot, don't I?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:53 am
The first time I found Yaoi, it said Slash on the fic, and I had no idea wtf that was, so I just clicked in and read it. And it was M-rated, and I was 11. I have no clue what pairing it was, which is sad because it was only about a year and a half ago. I think it was Harry Potter of some sort. Anyways, I didnt really feel either way about it, but over the next few weeks I kept looking for more fics labled slash. So, when my friend told me WHAT IT WAS, I wasnt all that surprised, and to this day I still read it. heart xd heart  

The Masters Wrath

Psychogunfighter

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:04 am
I was reading yugioh fanfiction, and came upon one that looked interesting "Shonen-ai? what the hecks that?" I thought.
Eventually I'm like, "OMG!!! why is Joey thinking those things about Kaiba!! ewwwwwww ...... >.> *Continues reading*"
So I slowly started to like it.
I like to write about some original characters all the time. Eventually I ended up thinking
"Wouldn't it be awsome if these 2 guys started making out?"
So today, all my OC's are either gay or bi and I loooove shonen-ai!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:31 pm
I first encountered yaoi..........................................I dunno. O_o I recon I first really got into it cause Gravitation. O_o But I'm sure I mustve seen it before then...  

ChiiruChan
Crew

Cute Hunter

12,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

BenDoverNow

Questionable Sex Symbol

18,025 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:00 pm
when I first encountered yaoi.. I was like.. OMFG THIS IS HAWT! xD Just kidding... surprised It was good though xd I just got into it about... 6 months ago? xp I don't like it when the characters are too young... thats just.. creepy... gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:24 pm
When I first got hooked by fanfiction, I would see "YAOI" in all the summeries and I would stay away because I was, what does that mean? THen, I stumbled into either a YusukexKurama or YugixRyou fanfiction...my poor mind. But, it was sweet and I started to like it even more and now here I am.  

crazycit

Yoshiki-san

Demonic Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:21 am
Hmm...well...I first got into yaoi from slash fanfics (Touya X Yukito)...I wasn't really disturbed but I used to say that I prefered shounen ai than yaoi...but slowly I got more used to yaoi too.... 3nodding  
The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff