Submit

Ancient Ookami

Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:24 pm
Ive been thinking about this for a few months, and I'm probably not the first to think of this. Kamen rider W is 2 riders. Kamen rider Ozu is 3 chips. Kamen rider Fourze is 4 switches. Anyone think There will be a Kamen rider with something having to do with 5?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:21 pm
hmm interesting point, in a way i wouldn't be surprised if that happend. I guess we just have to wait and see xp  

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

Bad Engrish

Man-Hungry Capitalist

8,275 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:47 am
Probably they will create a new Faiz. xDDD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:19 pm
Lucent Sanctuary
Probably they will create a new Faiz. xDDD
Would have said something like that.
"Yeah, they've already made a rider based on the number 5. he came out in 2003"  

Katsumi Daido

Ancient Ookami

Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:02 pm
Katsumi Daido

To be honest, even though "5" is said in the tittle, I don't consider that to be based on the number. Faiz is based off of the symbol Phi [ Φ ] . The other riders in that series are also based off of similar symbols, Orga represents Omega [ Ω ]. Delta is based off of... well... delta [Δ]. Psyga is based off of Psi [ Ψ ].

When I said 5, I meant gimmick wise. For instance, Fourze is 4 because he uses 4 astro switches at a time. Ozu is 3 because he uses 3 chips at a time. [ Ozu = O O O ]. And W is 2 because he is a "2" in one kamen rider.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:54 am
Ancient Ookami
Katsumi Daido

To be honest, even though "5" is said in the tittle, I don't consider that to be based on the number. Faiz is based off of the symbol Phi [ Φ ] . The other riders in that series are also based off of similar symbols, Orga represents Omega [ Ω ]. Delta is based off of... well... delta [Δ]. Psyga is based off of Psi [ Ψ ].

When I said 5, I meant gimmick wise. For instance, Fourze is 4 because he uses 4 astro switches at a time. Ozu is 3 because he uses 3 chips at a time. [ Ozu = O O O ]. And W is 2 because he is a "2" in one kamen rider.
We know, we're just picking on you. Not trying to be mean.

Anyways, I rather hope that whatever the next gimmick is isn't as annoying to use.
W, OOO, and Fourze have had trouble swapping components in battle.  

Katsumi Daido

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Don't forget Faiz did dial 555 to Henshin =P

but yeah i agree, that's the problem with using devices to change form, but then again most riders now a days use Tech to fight and Transform anyways, so it only makes sense to have little attachments to the belts. but its been leaked online that Fourze will have a new switch for his leg, that acts as an extra hand to help switch out the "switches" so he might be able to over come that problem.

hmm or maybe instead of having one new rider use a Gimmick using a 5 they should have a new show about 5 Riders. but have them all work individually or for different sides, that way it doesn't come off like a Super Sentai =P  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:09 pm
Agito Geist
Don't forget Faiz did dial 555 to Henshin =P

but yeah i agree, that's the problem with using devices to change form, but then again most riders now a days use Tech to fight and Transform anyways, so it only makes sense to have little attachments to the belts. but its been leaked online that Fourze will have a new switch for his leg, that acts as an extra hand to help switch out the "switches" so he might be able to over come that problem.

hmm or maybe instead of having one new rider use a Gimmick using a 5 they should have a new show about 5 Riders. but have them all work individually or for different sides, that way it doesn't come off like a Super Sentai =P
Maybe 1 evil rider, 1 good rider, and, add 3 riders slowly and have them choose a side as the series progresses?  

Katsumi Daido

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:17 pm
Katsumi Daido

Maybe 1 evil rider, 1 good rider, and, add 3 riders slowly and have them choose a side as the series progresses?

hmmm you know that wouldnt be such a bad Idea xd I've always loved the idea of having Riders who fight for unknown reasons, or teaming up to beat the hell out of a Kaijin =P lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:02 am
They're going to continue to increase the amount of stuff that riders need though. it's a very efficient marketing strategy.

OOO alone came with a lot of roleplay gear. the OOO driver, the 6 combos were sold separately, metagabryuu, medajalibur, and the tajaspinner were all sold separately. both the birth driver and the birth buster (or whatever it's called, I forget) OOO had something like 8 or 9 figuarts. (mm, +2 I think) and they didn't even need to release them in 2 packs like how Double sold their cyclone metal, heat joker, heat trigger, cyclone trigger, and luna joker figuarts.

And with the form changing line, they get more money for more forms. (OOO had 7 packages, W had 4 packages (or was it 5?) Fourze is looking to have 10 packages. That's marketing gold.

I wouldn't mind going back to simpler riders. Sort of like what Kabuto did after Blade and Hibiki.
Things like Agito and Ryuki (in concept, not too fond of the mirror rider suit designs, but that's not the point) Less can mean more.  

Kiriyama Ren

Techie Creek

Familiar Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm
OOO had all the full show combos, Tatoba, Tamashii, the reptile combo, the claws set, the effect parts for Tajador, an exclusive ooo that came with the peacock wings, two double sets with random combos, effects, and candroids, Proto Birth is being released, Purple eyed Tatoba, all the Greeed (including lost and complete Ankh)...I THINK that's all for figuarts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 am
I was only thinking about OOO himself, so, it'd exclude Birth, Greeed, and the effect parts. Though, I can think of the 7 combos, the tatoba, the special release of the takakiriba and the takatorata.

Didn't know about the purple eyed tatoba being released or the ooo with the peacock wings as a part of the figure and not just as optional effect parts.  

Kiriyama Ren

Techie Creek

Familiar Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:27 pm
Just pictures right now with no real substance saying they'll actually be released.
Purple eyed Tatoba
Tajaba

edit: Tajaba is confirmed I guess
Shipping time: 31 April 2012  
Kamen Rider heroes of the world

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out