Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Need Help/Advice about Protection Spells Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:23 am
I'm going through a tough time in real life, and I know someone close to me is constantly wishing me ill. I don't want to delve too deeply into my personal problems, but I feel really uneasy knowing that someone has been constantly directing negative energy and wishing unhappiness on me.

The thing is I've had wiccan/pagan friends, but I've never been a part of the religion. There was one incident many years ago that involved my friend casting a spell that 'went wrong' and they needed me to help form a circle and cast a protection spell. I saw with my own eyes things I couldn't explain with science/logic, and I believe that spells do work. However I have chosen to not be a part of the religion or that belief system. That spell in that incident helped protect against demonic entities which is a very different case from what I'm experiencing right now.

I was wondering would a protection spell help protect me against negative energy? Could I cast a spell like this for myself without being a part of the religion? I feel extremely uneasy and out of control of my situation, spells may not be the absolute best thing to turn to but I'm just hoping it'll help.. Thanks for any advice that you guys have to offer.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:09 am
Witchcraft isn't a religion, you can be a member of any religion and practice it, or none at all. Magic isn't a religion-specific thing. There are non-religious witches and Christian witches and so on.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:18 am
xd Thanks I was always so confused about that. There's a lot of misinformation going on right now, between pop culture rolleyes , the taboo nature of witchcraft, and I guess human nature (of wanting to get things 'easily' through spells) it's hard to find a legitimate source of information. I'm glad that I found my way here.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:23 am
Ohhh man, it's been soooo long since I thought of witchcraft as "taboo", you just teleported me back like 15 years xd  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:29 am
Hahaha! Sorry! I sort of live in southern USA, if anyone in my immediate family even heard the word witchcraft they would have a religion induced seizure which they'd probably misinterpret as divine..somehow... /facepalm

I know this is a bit off topic from my original post, but I have some pagan friends. One of them said that baptism itself was a spell that prevents one from casting black magic. She was talking about 'breaking' her baptism. The incident I mentioned that convinced of the validity of spells/witchcraft involved demons and a christian notion of g-d. It's a bit confusing to me, seeing a pagan ..act? reinforce the values of Christianity, a religion that denounces any pagan beliefs. Do you have any thoughts on the subject?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:35 am
Maybe she was a Christian witch, not a Pagan. Could be she had been raised Christian and internalised a lot of their values. She sounds like the sort who might gravitate back towards Christianity in later life, anyway.

She has a poor understanding of baptism. Baptism is a form of ritual rebirth, dedication to the church, and acceptance of the Holy Spirit into oneself, depending on sect and church. It's not a spell, and it wouldn't stop you from cursing someone.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:36 am
eek Interesting... thanks again for the info. I'll probably end up buying a few books about witchcraft, would you care to recommend a reading list for a complete beginner? and do you think witchcraft is dangerous?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 am
It can be. It depends what you do with it. Witchcraft is a tool. And it can be a spiritual path, or an element of a spiritual path at any rate. If you go further than dabbling, it can end up being a major part of your life. In its way I think being a witch is a similar kind of thing to being a priest; it's about dedication, it changes your life in ways you wouldn't have thought of, it changes your outlook and understanding.

So on the one level it can be dangerous in the same way that a hammer can be dangerous; you can use it as a weapon and you may end up smacking your thumb by accident. On the other level, well, you might end up attracting the attention of a god or spirit and end up in service to them, or you could use too much flying ointment and brain your damage or something. I don't think most people end up in the realm of "dangerous".

Start with some Valiente, I reckon. "Natural Magic" and "ABC of Witchcraft". It sort of depends what you are interested in because most "witchcraft 101" books go on about this or that Pagan religion and don't mention witchcraft all that much.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:54 am
Haha it's sort of weird that I'd been thinking about this on an impulse. Thank you for the recommendation. I think if I did pick it up I would only stick to small things- protection spells, good luck charms... don't know enough to make a decision about whether or not to take it further.

I've been told that dabbling is dangerous, but it's probably? in reference to people who are too ambitious without enough knowledge... (only a guess). One of the friends I knew who practiced witchcraft comes from a long line of native american shamans. I wonder if there is a sort of "gift"/inheritance aspect to it as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:03 am
Could be. I've always thought it's something everyone can take up, but maybe there's an aspect to it, like - a talent for music or mathematics can run in the family. Not everyone is going to take it up, or even try it, but there may be a predisposition towards skill in that area.

As you say, with dabbling it's mostly ambition without knowledge, or people who are in it for larks without respecting what they're doing. People who decide they're going to look into a witchcraft for a couple of months and decide to summon something right off the bat. Plus it's annoying to the rest of us, particularly the types who are really into it for like six months and then refer to it as their "witch phase", or the types who ignore all the bad stuff and stick to the odd glitter-laden spell but never put their heart into anything... just a bit irritating, you know? This is why "dabblers" is a bit of a pejorative. Whereas someone who is interested but not interested in "being" a witch, as such, might look into it and employ the odd bit of folk magic but not really do anything with it. As someone in years past might put iron over their door to keep the fae out of their stuff but would go to the village wise woman for anything more involved. It's mostly a factor of wisdom and respect, I think. One who is wary and careful won't get into a sticky situation, whereas someone who just wants to mess around for a bit likely will.

That's my take anyway.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:16 am
I appreciate your opinion. I just have a curious personality haha, and I guess a healthy respect for witchcraft and what it can do, but I'm too cautious to do anything that's not 'safe'. The whole drama event I went through as a bystander happened because of a summon gone wrong. I was 13 at the time. Can you imagine 13 year olds + cemetery + summoning would = bad?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:24 am
Yeah, that's the side of dabbling that is discouraged. xp I mean summoning is pretty disrespectful if you don't do it right, and if you're 13 I'm not sure there IS a way to do it right. Can you imagine getting summoned and it's some kid? You'd be all "are you ******** kidding me?!"  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:26 am
Haha that's one way to look at it... lol Thanks again for the book recommendations, I'll look for them at my local bookstore when I have the chance. I appreciate the help and advice you've given heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:51 am
When it comes to magic, you have two choices: do it yourself or have someone else do it for you.

Doing it yourself when you don't practice magic yourself can take a lot of time and effort to learn how and then do it.
Having someone else do it means you need to be sure that they know what they're doing, but you'll probably have to compensate them for their time and supplies.

Since you're living in the southern US, and you're not a witch yourself- you may want to find a trusted Root Worker or someone like that who can do the work for you.

Questions to ask your Root Worker.
How to avoid frauds.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 am
Esiris
When it comes to magic, you have two choices: do it yourself or have someone else do it for you.

Doing it yourself when you don't practice magic yourself can take a lot of time and effort to learn how and then do it.
Having someone else do it means you need to be sure that they know what they're doing, but you'll probably have to compensate them for their time and supplies.

Since you're living in the southern US, and you're not a witch yourself- you may want to find a trusted Root Worker or someone like that who can do the work for you.

Questions to ask your Root Worker.
How to avoid frauds.

eek Wow thanks! I'm learning so much from you guys. Just had to look up what a rootworker was xd since the page sort of just assumes you know and also what hoodoo was too sweatdrop

I'm willing to put in the effort to learn, I'm a little cautious and the only thing I'm worried about is doing something 'wrong' and having a negative effect from it. But I'm too suspicious of others to find someone on my own. I'm no longer in touch with my wiccan/pagan friends, so I don't have anyone I trust to recommend a professional.

Speaking of professionals, I'm clicking on some of the links to the professionals on the side of the page a lot of these people offer things like 'love potions', 'wealth attraction', etc. I thought 'love spells' weren't allowed because it would involve manipulating someone... and 'wealth attraction' just seems a little too 'easy' and a bit of a scam. and holy eek at 80 dollars an hour for readings the only wealth they'd be attracting would be to themselves rofl (Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone but come on 80 dollars an hour is a 150k yearly salary... more than what many of us can hope for in a wage)

Maybe I'm wrong to be too picky but I absolutely could not trust someone who practiced things I consider to be 'unethical' including
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Category:Court_Cases,_Legal_Matters,_and_Keeping_Off_the_Law
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Category:Crossing,_Jinxing,_Hot_Footing,_Revenge,_and_Break_Ups
Especially when I know it's only for money. (Alright I know that they say they have to do a divination about the relationship first, but I just don't think it's right since the starting motivation is cash) I have a friend who is in an abusive relationship and I would love more than nothing to get them to break up, but if I had the knowledge/power to cast such spells I absolutely would not be offering them to just anyone 'at the right price'. Even then I don't think a breakup spell would be the best thing. They argue a lot as it is, and when they do she always ends up hurt. I would rather find a way for her to see that he's abusing her, and that it's wrong. Maybe help her find her true love rather than focusing on the breakup.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games