Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[LOG] gives me the creeps (atilla x imre)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:53 pm
User Image

Atilla was lagging behind Imre with a rather sour look on his face. He did not like the forest they'd currently found themselves in, and he'd been making that clear since the instant they'd stepped foot into it. "I be sure we're goin' the wrong way Imre. Yeh really think tha' some secret pride is gunna be through this blasted place? It gives me the creeps! 'Aven't we been goin' fer long enough annee 'ow?" Though he tried to sound grumpy what came out stronger was how nervous he was feeling.

He wanted to be out of the dark area, he hated it. It was worse than being stuck in the damn swamps for nearly a moon, always turning himself about whenever he was close to finding his way out. "Sides, why do yeh think yeh know 'ow teh get ter this pride be'er than me? 'smy family." the last bit was grumbled very similar to how a small cub might complain.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:17 pm
    Someone was grumpy today! Imre rolled his eyes as the two of them continued through the forest. “You would be wrong then.” The male stated, continuing to walk. “And, it’s not that secret of a pride. I guess you haven’t heard the stories yet, huh?” Imre smirked. Being out of their one pride had allowed him to get to know other prides. Although he had never been to the Kusini before, he was sure the many stories of the forest that contained the pride.

“I’m sure it’s around here somewhere.” The stories were right, the forest was like a maze. He wasn’t surprised how many would get lost in this place. It was a great tactic to rid hostile outsides.

“…Atilla, don’t you remember, you were the one going the wrong way when we first met up again. Do I have to remind you about that?” Imre chuckled, nudging his friend on the shoulder.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:25 pm
    Atilla bristled slightly at his friends words, but most of the stories his mother had told him had been of she and his uncle as cubs, only in his later years had she mentioned the rumors of the Kusini'Mwezi and his uncle's mate, one of the members of old who'd re-did the pride. Or something. He had to admit, Imre usually had the head for information like that. Atilla found it kind of boring. "O' course I 'ave!" He lied, nipping at the other's tail before moving up beside him.

"They shoul' post guides or some'in." He mumbled. His tail gave an annoyed little flick at Imre's next words, though he couldn't stop the little purr from the nudge. He couldn't help it, he liked when Imre gave him any sort of physical attention. "Yeh jus' did, an' you did no'ave teh." But he stuck his tongue out in an equally teasing manner, his cranky mood lightening slightly. "An' it wasn' the wrong way, I simply go'a lil' mixed up is all." Which is what he said. Every time. "Yeh think my uncle is still 'round?" He suddenly asked quietly. His mother was fairly old... that meant his uncle was old too, right? "My mum 'asn't 'ad word of 'im in ferever, she said she wasn' even sure if 'e was the one in the news 'bout this pride." He just needed a little reassuring, and Imre was usually the lion to do that when they were younger. Would he still do it, now that they were adults?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:05 am
“Mhmm.” Imre acknowledged, not believe his friend in an instant. His tail raised in the air at the nipping, not appreciating the gesture all that much.

“Only you would suggest that.” He snorted, smirking at his friend. Though, a guide would have been helpful right about now.

Listening to the other, his ears perked with interest as the other’s tone got quieter. “Probably. I mean, I don’t think anyone can navigate these woods to bring on some sort of attack or anything. They’d be crazy enough to try. He really didn’t know what else to say to the other, except to encourage to think that his family were alive. Whenever…if they found the pride, they certain could find out for sure.

Bright blue eyes watched from the shadows of the forest. They narrowed as the other’s speech, but couldn’t help but widened at the sight of one of the lions. It looked exactly like her grandfather! A twin…but much younger looking.

Staying where she was in her shadows, Keaira called out to the two trespassers. “State your business.” Her voice was firm, yet any could tell she was a sweet lioness that probably wouldn’t harm a fly. Still, with the lands the way they were at the moment, she could still act tough towards others she didn’t know.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 am
    The first item on his list of things to do once they were actually in the pride lands was to take a nap. He seriously didn't understand why Imre didn't want to nap as often, or any lion for that matter. A yawn cracked at his jaw as he thought about the delicious sleep he wasn't allowed to have right then. "Bah, I be sure tha' some'un else musta suggested it one time er another." He stuck his tongue out at the other and rolled his eyes.

state your business, the words rung out amazingly 'loud' to Atilla. He jumped slightly, body shifting and brushing against Imre's as his dark eyes flashed around the woods. "Oh blood an' ashes, they do be talkin' ter us now." He was eyeing a tree as he said this, obviously that was what he believed was speaking. "We do no be meanin' annee 'arm, forest. We jus' be tryin' ta find some'un..." He nudged Imre a little, and then remembered that Imre wasn't the best socializer. That was supposed to be Atilla's job, wasn't it?

But the forest seriously gave him the willies! "An' uncle o'mine! Er... an' he lives in this pride, s'posidly." But he'd also never held a conversation with a tree before, so that was hard too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:25 am
Keaira held in laughter as the lighter-Asikari look alike jumped. She hadn’t meant to scare them.

“Atilla…I don’t think…” Imre started, before his friend began to talk again.

Listening to his words, Keaira found out the reason he looked so much like her grandfather. “An uncle? Do you mean Asikari?” She asked, still remaining hidden from the two lions. She was sure her bright red pelt would be seen soon. She had gotten that from her father, but it didn’t prove useful for camouflaging too well. At least the forest was dark enough for her. Boy would they be surpised when the found out the trees weren’t talking to them. Well, at least the ‘nephew’ would. The charcoal boy seemed like he had a little more sense.

“And I assume you come just for family relations then?” Keaira asked. “How do we” she tried acting as the trees still, “that you mean no harm?” As if cue, a harsh wind bellowed through the forest. Those who were accustomed to the lands knew the winds always blew through, make loud, unsettling noises, but these two wanderers didn’t.

Imre still remained silent though, he’d let Atilla do all the talking… for now.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:34 am
    Atilla didn't pay attention to what Imre was trying to tell him, instead he just plunged on ahead with his explanation, because it seemed bad manners to make trees wait. That and what if their roots started growing super fast or they dropped acorns on their heads or something? Like... a lot of acorns.

His ears flicked and his eyes widened in amazement. He leaned close to Imre, though his eyes were still glued on the trees. "Woah, they do be knowin' boot my uncle, Imre." He whispered breathily, tail flicking. "Aye, aye. Tha' be the one!" Good, if the trees knew his uncle's name that must have meant that they were close, or that maybe his uncle enjoyed coming into this forest. He shuddered though, because he couldn't imagine anyone wanting to come into the forest, especially with talking trees.

As the trees asked him how they knew he and Imre meant know harm a rather eerie, loud wind shot through the woods and Atilla found himself pushing into Imre, as if he was trying to meld together with the other or something. "I tol' yeh these woods be creepy as all 'ell, I do no like 'em one bit." He hissed, trying to calm himself but making little progress. "I jus' wanna meet'im cuz I been told tha' I do resemble 'im quite a bit." Wait, how did that prove they meant no harm? What if the trees didn't believe him? He glanced to Imre, frowning.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:41 am
Imre shook his head at Atilla’s reactions. He just wanted to slap the lion upside the head, but he would refrain from doing so, especially since there was a female present somewhere.

That being known, Imre’s eyes scanned for her. She was either up in a tree somewhere, or below the underbrush. Not paying attention to Atilla all the much, he set his sight on where he believed the voice was coming from. Of course bushes didn’t have legs, not bright red ones for that matter. He was sure that the lioness speaking to them was right there.

Letting his friend be fixated on the ‘talking trees’, Imre moved away from the male, circling the bush where the voice was coming from.

“You do resemble him quite a lot.” Keaira spoke, not noticing Imre moving towards her. When the bushes open, the lioness let out a sound of shock, giving a sheepish grin to the charcoal male. “Oh…Hi there.”

“Hi… Hey Atilla, here’s your talking tree.”

“…Spoiling the fun.” Keaira glared at the male, before smiling once. “Asikari does indeed live here…He’s my grandfather.” The lioness said proudly.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:01 am
    Atilla would have been content to go on and on talking with the trees, so he didn't notice when Imre moved away from him. He beamed at the trees when they told him he resembled his uncle. "Aye, I didnae believe me mum often when I be a small cub, bu' as I grew an'er story stayed the sa-eeeh?" His eyes shifted and landed on the red lioness. He blinked and looked at Imre, his expression very confused.

"Tha' be no tree, Imre." He said slowly, before it hit him. Oh! Oh! Well, didn't he feel a little foolish? He cleared his throat and then glared at the female. "Oi, tha' do no be annee way teh treat yer... yer relation!" He finished weakly, because she'd mentioned that she was also related to his uncle.

He moved forward, eyes a little narrowed as he looked her over suspiciously. "Yeh do no look like annee'un I know in me family." But maybe she got more of the other side of her family? "No one in my family be tha' bright." He said after a moment, then tried to smile politely because he wasn't sure if it was an offensive comment or not. Almost everyone in his and Imre's birth pride was naturally colored.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:08 am

“No duh it’s not a tree.” The lion rolled his eyes, smiling at the female. “This is Atilla, and I’m Imre.” Imre didn’t speak much after though, though he did manage to smack Atilla upside the head for his comment.

“Maybe not your family, but I look like I fit perfectly in my family.” Keaira huffed. “And here I was going to show you into the lands so you could meet him. Now I think I’ll leave both of you out here by yourselves to continue your misleading journey.” The bright female stated, her tail flicking back and forth in agitation.

“Better apologize, or else this would be a waste of time,” the male said to his trouble-making friend. If Atilla didn’t, Imre knew he’d have to step in. He usually did, so it wouldn’t surprise him the least if it came down to that.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:22 pm
    Atilla made a face as the other hit him, huffing slightly. "Oi!" He took a step away from the other before shoving him with a paw. He glanced frantically to the red female as she said she'd leave them and took a few steps toward her. "Wai' wai' wait!" His ears flickered toward the other male and he shot a glare at him. "Course I am!" He hissed, he hadn't meant to make her leave!

He looked back to the female. "I did no' mean teh offend yeh, we jus' no be used ter brigh' colors where I be from. Yeh look very lovely! I take it one o'yer parents are red then?" Maybe his uncle had mated with some red female and it carried down the family line? He had no way of knowing these things! "Very exotic." He added, for good measure. At least, he hoped it was for good measure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 pm

“Mhmm. I’m sure.” Keaira rolled her eyes. “Sure got the brains, this one has, didn’t he?” Kea commented sarcastically, till beginning her trek on walking off. “Follow if you want, though, I’d best keep my mouth shut if you can’t think before you speak. You don’t know how the other members of the pride might take your words.” Though it really was an empty threat, Kea only hoped it may knock some sense into the blubbering idiot. Even if he was related to her, she’d pretend he wasn’t. She could see Asikari in the boy even without the looks.

“Very exotic? Really?” Imre whispered to his friend, wanting to bap him again. Those words may have worked on the lionesses in their pride once before, or even the rogues that they would soon come to meet, but on the pridal lioness? Likely not a chance, especially after one that you just pretty much insulted.

“Oh Atilla, what am I going to do with you?” he shook his head, smiling at his friend. “Come on, let’s follow her to see your uncle.”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:54 pm
    Well this felt a little insulting. Was she not pleased with his words? He almost saw it as a challenge to try and charm her... but that would be weird, wouldn't it? She was related, after all. Atilla frowned and pouted for a moment, deciding to keep quiet. Like he was told. Gah! So annoying! He followed along behind her, letting his annoyance simmer. He was behaving very childishly, really.

He shot Imre a glare as he questioned his tactics and growled slightly. "Well wha' would ye'ave said?" He spat, feeling touchy. But as the other male smiled at him he let out a deep sigh and pointedly looked away. Then tried to glance at Imre out of the corner of his eye. "Righ'." He bumped the other with his side, then nipped at his ear. "Yeh'd be travellin' all by yerself again." He mumbled softly, more so reminding himself that Imre needed him too, it wasn't just that he needed Imre.

END

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff