Welcome to Gaia! ::

RPG Knights (Another Adventure Awaits...)

Back to Guilds

A guild for rpg fans of any age or genre. 

Tags: rpgs, RPG Knights, gameing, role playing games, fantasy 

Reply Middle Ages (PSX-PS2)
Thousand What Now???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

h k d dummy

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 am
I'm reviewing a game few have heard of, A great title that was overlooked in it's time. Thousand Arms.[img][img]http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/chibi_hero/256px-Thousand_Arms.jpg[/img][/img][img][img]http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/chibi_hero/Thousand_Arms_ntsc-back.jpg[/img][/img]
This Little number was published by atlus and was developed by Red Company & TOSE. Both developers were very unrecognized in my opinion. Thousand Arms is a rare breed of game, It was as far as I know the first dateing sim/RPG to appear in north america. But don't be fooled. Just because it is a dateing sim, Because the storyline and combat are still excessivly enjoyable.You take the role of over the top womaniser Meis Triumph. A spirit Blacksmith, as his home is attacked by the Dark Acolytes. Then fleeing from your'e home and becoming a laughing stock you meet a sweet girl named Sodina Dawnfried. Events happen that begin your'e quest to stop the Dark Acolytes from getting the five legendary Sacred Flames, and bring chaos to the World. As you progress you have the ability to date any girl in your'e party, and some others. Dateing the girls in your'e party and building relations with these girls allows Meis to imbue different spirit types into your'e party's weapons. I royally enjoyed this game and would advise any RPG lover to give it a go. If you can find it it's worth the buy. otherwise I have privliged information on how to get a clean iso to play on the espsxe emulator. I cannot post said info but pm me and I will send the sites to espsxe and the iso. Knowledge on emulation is required. I also would suggest not emulating unless you have a physical copy of the game. for copyright reasons. And I do not condone pirating pirate for any reason.lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:20 pm
To be honest, since seeing a review of this game, and ever since I saw a column about this in an OOOOLLLLDDDD EGM magazine (where Xenogears was first given mention, on the same page, might I mind you), I have been a bit curious about it. Later mistaking it for the Wild Arms series for a minute, it left my attention for a bit since I did not find the Wild Arms series (initially for the PS1) that enthralling when I first read about it aside from general interest.

But this is actually one of the games on my list to purchase. I just do not know weather I should procure a copy now and play when I have the time or beat what games I have (THERE ARE TOO MANY TO REMEMBER ATM) before snagging Thousand Arms for myself.  

Zeudokai

h k d dummy

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:46 pm
Since both titles have Arms included at the end of the title, It's a common mistake. Many people Iv'e spoken with about this game came to the same conclusion. My advice would be to at least purchase it since it's not so easy to come by(At least where I live, crying ) And play it on a rainy day, It defenitly will lift your'e spirits. You should enjoy it if you like rpgs from the psx era.  
Middle Ages (PSX-PS2)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games