Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Merlin season premire

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:16 pm
Tonight is the season premiere for the show Merlin on the Scy-fi channel. and was wondering what you all think of it? Good Bad or indifferent?

In my opinion its really good in depicting the struggle between practitioners of old religious ways (in a manner of speaking) and a new order.

How arrogance can not stand cause you never know it effects (Uther pendragon and the Lady Morgana) and how through peace and love can we dispel all prejudices set in place (that Merlin attempts to show Arthur)

But we ourselves can learn from it. Think of how muslims have been demonized recently as we all have been in times past. (but that's a different story i suppose)

What do you all think of it???  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 pm
I don't like the show, at all. But then again I've always hated the Arthur legend. I think the only version I liked was Sword in the Stone.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 pm
Haha oh man! I've never thought of merlin with that amount of depth. I'm pretty indifferent to it. I watched it but mostly cuz nothing better was on. As far as fantasy tv series I like game of thrones and legend of the seeker much more.

I surprisingly liked the secret circle more than I thought I would. I know it's all fiction, but so far it's been the only series that showed witchcraft in a darker, but non-horror light. I thought that aspect of it was more realistic than most shows, probably too optimistic of me to think that people aren't watching it and just thinking eek cool floaty water I wish I could do that too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:21 am
Possible spoiler arrow is it just me or does no one in the show notice all the evil looks Morgana gives people? I mean you'd have to be blind not to spot them.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games