Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:05 pm
User Image
Kalama was pacing. She looked a little grumpy, but then again, she almost always looked pretty grumpy. One could wonder what kind of horrible thing was ailing her, to make the red lioness pace that way. Perhaps she was in trouble, or someone else was in trouble, or she had been insulted and was brooding...

The truth, however, was she was bored. And when Kalama was bored she started pacing, until she could think of something else to do. "What I need is a real job." She had been a huntress for some time, then switched to soldier, which was certainly much more interesting to her. But at the same time it lacked something.

Kalama frowned and raised her head to survey the land around her. Perhaps if she encountered someone she could find something to occupy herself with.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cinaed was not that interesting of a lion. He wouldn't really break Kalama's boredom, but he watched her as she paced restlessly. What was wrong with her? Was there something wrong? His red eyes only saw what looked like frustration on her face, so certainly she wasn't dying over anything. Still, it was hard to ignore it when someone was just going around and around and around.

"Hey," he called out, carefully approaching her. Many Firekin had bad tempers, and he wasn't about to get a slash across the face because he pissed off some female. "You ok?"

He suppressed a gulp, thinking that it might only make it worse. Besides, he didn't need to think too much about water - he didn't want to feel thirsty enough to have to go find some water in the desert they called home.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 pm
She wondered how she hadn't noticed the male was around, and that kind of made Kalama a little angry. It was very stupid of her to not notice her surroundings like that. And she considered disliking this male right off the bat, but apparently she was in a forgiving mood on account of boredom.

"Yes, I'm ok. Are you?" She snorted and sat down, glancing at the male and eying him up and down. He was certainly familiar, as, she supposed, was any firekin, on account that they all lived in the same area. At the same time, though, she was having trouble with his name. "Who're you, again?" She wanted to say it started with an s. Or something like an s. And it had an a in there somewhere. Siiaaa? Sianed? Cia?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:20 pm
Well, that wasn't really the reply that Cinaed was expecting, but it was ok. His family was full of hotheads like this one, and so he had a good idea of how to handle it. He was grateful that he flowed smoother than most Firekin, almost like water.

"I'm Cinaed," he said, not really wanted to flash his parentage if he didn't need to. "Its nice to see you again, Kalama." He offered her a slight bow, since she seemed to be the type to prefer that than a snort. "Finding little to do in the desert sands?" It was rather boring, if you let it be. Cinaed just wished there was more he could do than hunt.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:25 pm
She nodded as he said his name. Yes, she had been going in a more-or-less right direction. Kalama remembered him as someone who had always been more in the background, but he was still familiar. She supposed most people were in the background, so it wasn't a big deal. She wasn't so sure how she felt about him already knowing her name when she hadn't known his. Somehow, it felt like she had lost on something. "Yes, nice to see you too." Typically, she didn't say it in a way that sounded sincere. It was just a formality, after all.

She watched the lion bow with a lack of interest, wondering about how long she would be talking to this lion. And then he sort of read her mind, in a way, so she suddenly became more interested. "Yes. How did you know?" Hmmm, maybe he was bored, too. Perhaps she could find some use in him, if they were both bored.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 pm
"Hunting only keeps me so busy," he said with a nod. "I'm certain that there are many lions who grow bored when they are not battling or healing from their wounds." He wasn't much of a fighter, and wasn't quite ready to be one. He knew the basics of fighting, and could at best protect himself so no one else would need to worry about him. He didn't want to blame it on his family, but the pressures that seemed to have been there when he was younger made him not want to have lofty goals of being a Battlemaster, or something.

"I grow bored myself often, and wish that I could go a bit further beyond the borders at times." He'd probably get in trouble, if it wasn't for hunting purposes.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:01 pm
So this really was a kindred spirit! At least in this aspect. That he got bored with his life here sometimes. But what he said afterwards, though, was something she had, for whatever reason, not considered. Go beyond the borders...? "Me too." she said, even though it had never been something Kalama had thought of before. She immediately decided she had wanted this all along. Yes, indeed, go beyond the borders and make sure they were known to the outside world.

But now, about being able to... Hm. "Hang on." Kalama said loudly, even though, perhaps, she said it mostly to herself. Because she had heard about something recently... Now what was it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:23 pm
Cinaed wasn't really sure about what she might be alluding too. He sat himself down, feeling not so worried that she'd attack him out of boredom herself. He wasn't so certain that everyone was kind.

"Alright," he said, waiting patiently to see what it was she was going to say. It was nice, however, to speak with someone that felt the same as him. That it would be nice to leave the lands, if only for a short time.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 pm
Kalama thought for a few moments bore, mostly because she was trying to remember exactly what she had heard that made her think about this. It was very obvious when she did finally figure it out, though. Because instead of scowling she suddenly smiled. "Ah, yes." Okay, she had this. She might have to see somethings out with an official, though.

... And, if she remembered correctly, it wasn't the sort of thing they were supposed to do it alone. "Sure, yes, it can be arranged." Kalama nodded, it couldn't be so hard. After all, she had a candidate right here, with her! "Alright, you're in luck. I think there is a way for you to see more beyond the borders."

Her face turned slightly more serious. "But first, are you with me?" Never mind that she hadn't even really explained what she was thinking about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm
"Oh?" Cinaed didn't usually bother to listen to the gossip, or even the news that spread around the pride. If something was important enough, he'd hear about it. Like this, right here!

Going outside of the pride's borders? Legally? Without much trouble? Cinaed's mind was swirling with the possibilities. It would be wonderful to satisfy his curiosity without giving up everything he knew.

"I'm in, then," he said. He didn't even really know her that well, but she seemed to want to take the lead, and he would gladly let her. Easier to follow behind closely than to have to make the important decisions. "Sounds like fun."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:47 pm
"Good!" Kalama said, satisfied. Okay, so she already had someone to work with. She was quite sure she would need a couple more, though. "Do you have any friends?" Personally, she didn't. She didn't really want friends, either, so if this lion knew anyone it might be helpful.

If not... well, that was okay. She was sure they could find another soul who wanted to do an important job for their pride. And aside from being an important job, it was also a cool one. It shouldn't be difficult!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 pm
"Friends?" He didn't really mean to make a face with that word, but it sort of just....came out. "No, not really. Not even my siblings are that friendly....at least most of the time."

She probably wanted to recruit more to follow her. Which was fine. They'd figure something out together. Whatever this together would entail in the end.

"I bet we can snag a few more bored pridemates," he said with a nod. "Can't be that hard."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:58 pm
Kalama didn't mind the face he made, because, in his position, she might have done the same. It was a little inconvenient to not have friends, she supposed, because as far as Kalama could tell friends were useful in the sense that they could 'help' you if you ever needed them. But she was sure she never would. No need to get all muddled up in that silly sentimental thing some went for.

"Yes, we can." She nodded and pondered this. All they had to do was find out who wanted to serve their pride, and travel. Serving their pride would be easy enough, because she supposed any firekin would want to do that. And there had to be others that were interested in going outside. "Okay, then. Come on, I'll fill you in." said Kalama, as she stood up and began to trot away. She only paused to look back and make sure Cinaed was following, though she could think of no reason why he wouldn't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 pm
Cinaed was starting to like the way she was thinking. Assertive, but objective. Someone he could get behind. Better than one that had no idea what they were doing and being a risk to everyone around them.

He only nodded, letting himself get excited about this future prospect. He got up and trotted after her before she got too far ahead, as he didn't want to seem like he wa s having second thoughts. He wasn't. he was ready for this next chapter of work in the Firekin.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas