Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Contact Gaia, Contact Developers, Boycott GC- Read on Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:32 pm
OK Everyone. Since there seems so much dissension in this guild, and it has spilled over to the forums, about the way I have handled the protest, I am deleting the letter, the idea to PM Lanzer and everything else.

Over the last 5 years I tried being nice, complacent and acting like the good little girl to appease the good-for-nothing developers. Then, I got a little feistier, and posted in the forums, still being polite as could be.

Then 2 yrs ago, I started getting more frustrated and in the forums, they heard aboutit. And boy did the forums rats hate hearing that the guilds were in an uproar about being considered second class entities because we were being ignored.

And recently, after Pan deliberately misled us and gave it to us in the backside with the Spring Cleaning forum, I finally got my dander up and told the entirety of Gaia what I thought about the whole situation.

And what have I gotten? I expected the forum dwellers to give me grief, they always have. Guild members from around Gaia jumping down my throat about being rude and insulting- geesh- where in the hell have they been for the last 5 years? But to get it from members of THIS Guild? That's it.

I give! "UNCLE"

I will continue as Captain, continue to work with those on the guild to do what we can to develop those lists of items we want but know we will never get, but I will not do another damned thing to talk to the developers or anyone else about it.

Is everyone happy now?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 pm
You want guild's to get the same attention as everything else, not everyone else. If not then I demand upgrades on my me.  

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:39 am
mamarita

I've typed up a letter and will be sending it as soon as possible. wink We WILL have our voices heard and we WILL get what we've been promised. This time we will make certain of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:14 pm
Amensu Saje
mamarita

I've typed up a letter and will be sending it as soon as possible. wink We WILL have our voices heard and we WILL get what we've been promised. This time we will make certain of it.
Thank you!!!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:15 pm
applesauce600
You want guild's to get the same attention as everything else, not everyone else. If not then I demand upgrades on my me.
It's a sample letter- you can reword it as you please!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:18 pm
I will post this around my guilds, I'm sure many of our members will agree with us.
Though I am not on gaia much any more, guilds are one of my main areas I go to when online... and the reason I really got into gaia in the first place (it was either that, or forums waaaaaaay back. Guilds were more personal I found)  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady_Red_Death

Eloquent Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:39 am
I will be emailing at least once a day. I rarely go on gaia anymore because I've hidden in my guilds, and then I get FRUSTRATED at the basic guild functions so I run away for a little longer each time. If guilds get updated and I can go back to being a happy functional Gaian again, then all will be well.

EDIT:
It seems the email doesn't go through. Could you check to make sure it's the right one, or offer an alternive email? Thanks XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am

I'm going to send it on all my email accounts, and I have quite a few. :3

Salazar Scissorin

Aged Gaian

Purple-eyed Dreamer

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:10 pm
User Image
It's the honesty of these worlds|
Ruled by magic and mighty swords|

My e-mail has been returned and marked as undelivered. I am sure I have copied and pasted the address given in this topic. I'm afraid the e-mail account must have been deleted :<

That makes my soul long for the past|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:35 am
Hi guys,

As a member of this guild, I've been getting the notices for your mailing campaign planning and I wanted to take a few minutes to address some of your complaints behind it.

First off, let me be very clear that we are most definitely not ignoring you. I don't think there is anyone in this office who is not aware of the fact that Guilds needs some attention. We aren't pretending there is nothing wrong with it. That said, we unfortunately just do not have the resources to put towards Guilds in the short term. There are many things on our want-to-do list and some updates to Guilds are definitely on the list but those are longer term goals.

We know that you have been promised updates and Guilds enhancements many times in the past and we apologize for not having followed through on those promises. Going forward, we are doing our best to not make promises we can't keep and are committed to resolving the promises we've made in the past. I can't give you any specific time frame or any specific updates to expect but I wanted to let you all know that your complaints are not falling on deaf ears.

One final comment I have is that the reason your mailing campaign has not yielded much in the way of response is because the information you have is actually outdated. Unfortunately, I cannot give out the current information but I will say that the best way to continue bumping support for Guilds is to just keep an accurate list of what you would like to see fixed/added and just stay active. We know about this guild and about the Spring Cleaning thread so just keep doing what you're doing here. Sending letters and emails unfortunately won't help speed the process up.

We admire the determination you have for Guilds and are happy to see everyone so passionate about the feature. We'll do our best to give love where it's due but it will take time so just keep staying as patient as you can and keep that passion burning.  

Uncle Kenny

Scurvy Pirate

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 pm
Uncle Kenny
Hi guys,

As a member of this guild, I've been getting the notices for your mailing campaign planning and I wanted to take a few minutes to address some of your complaints behind it.

First off, let me be very clear that we are most definitely not ignoring you. I don't think there is anyone in this office who is not aware of the fact that Guilds needs some attention. We aren't pretending there is nothing wrong with it. That said, we unfortunately just do not have the resources to put towards Guilds in the short term. There are many things on our want-to-do list and some updates to Guilds are definitely on the list but those are longer term goals.

We know that you have been promised updates and Guilds enhancements many times in the past and we apologize for not having followed through on those promises. Going forward, we are doing our best to not make promises we can't keep and are committed to resolving the promises we've made in the past. I can't give you any specific time frame or any specific updates to expect but I wanted to let you all know that your complaints are not falling on deaf ears.

One final comment I have is that the reason your mailing campaign has not yielded much in the way of response is because the information you have is actually outdated. Unfortunately, I cannot give out the current information but I will say that the best way to continue bumping support for Guilds is to just keep an accurate list of what you would like to see fixed/added and just stay active. We know about this guild and about the Spring Cleaning thread so just keep doing what you're doing here. Sending letters and emails unfortunately won't help speed the process up.

We admire the determination you have for Guilds and are happy to see everyone so passionate about the feature. We'll do our best to give love where it's due but it will take time so just keep staying as patient as you can and keep that passion burning.

Thanks for coming to talk to us.

I think we're all pissed because we've heard it all before.

We're also pissed because the guilds should have been updated when every other part of the site was; Gaia knew the guilds worked on the same code so why not update everything as you go along rather then allowing quite an important and well loved part of the site fall into disrepair? And then for us to hear that even if you do make the updates we'll have to transfer all old posts and the like ourselves ... yeah, I still can't get my head around that one!

And it's in no way RIGHT that the guilds which have been promised updates again and again are in the Spring Cleaning, it's frustrating to hear staff members say 'Well if you want it vote for it' when we know full well it's been promised over and over.

How much more patient do you want us to be? I mean, we've been waiting for so long and everything we hear is 'later' or 'we're busy' or 'something else came up' when complete crap like Alchemy apparently springs from nowhere ...

I don't mean to sound so bitchy but when does the line get drawn?

I don't know what your bosses are thinking, I'm a little concerned that we can't email them directly and I don't rate them very highly as a customer care provider.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:30 pm
Part of me was hoping Uncle Kenny would have responded by now...

What is the best course of action at this point to take action?

Lady_Red_Death

Eloquent Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers