Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Commonwealth of Nations!
Sounds like fun.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Rule Britannia! Its the Empire Thank you.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
REPUBLIC!
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Ozumou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:32 am
Are you interested?

Are you going?

How much better are the CGs than that elitest WINTER OLYMPICS (snobs)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:34 am
We tried to get tickets for the swimming finals, but didn't get them. And then we gave up after that, because basically all the good sports had been sold out. sad  

K i m m e h

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:39 am
No, no and no. It doesn't have Football, and it hasn't had Cricket since Kuala Lumpur. Not interested.

The Winter Olympics are just as frigging snobbish as the Summer Games and the Commies. It's elite atheletes doing what they do best. Austrians Ski, They have snow, it doesn't make them snobs. The same goes for the majority of the countries competing.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:06 pm
Chill DNA.

Does not make them snobs. but the idea of a World event that precludes so many nations for not having the basic... snow, does irk me.

I do agree though, they should put cricket back in. And since Soccer was invented by the Brits I am suprised it is not there. Would give the English national team a chance to win something

I am going to the Rugby, and wil try for something else, not sure yet what.
Will also check out the festivals going on at teh same time.  

Ozumou

AminoAcid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:16 pm
I can't wait to watch them.
I won't be able to go myself being in NSW and doing uni and all :C

I love when the games are on... because then there is always something on tv <333 whee

@ Ozumou: It shouldn't irk you that so many countries are unable to compete at the winter olympics. I'm sure it doesn't irk them, having the opportunity to compete is more important and thats why it's a world event. Every country has the opportunity to compete, but because it is the winter olympics some choose not too, since winter sports aren't huge in their country.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:23 am
imm gonna be workin in the village so ill get to meet everyone  

Taine

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:39 am
I'm not excited.

My sister went to the dress rehearsal opening ceremony last night and said she'd seen better rock eistedfords xp

Pretty much if they don't have horsey sports they're not gonna get me interested.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:44 am
Ozumou
Does not make them snobs. but the idea of a World event that precludes so many nations for not having the basic... snow, does irk me.

Hence why they have World Championships?

It still doesn't matter though, if you qualify, you qualify. If you live in a snow infested country, than your chances of qualification are far greater. If your country isn't infested, you import auslanders, like us. Hello Moogles Gold Medal. 3nodding

But on to Commonwealth; shmeh. Not bad to watch occasionally, and one someone from my high school was in the cycliing heats, but really I couldn't care less. Australia will own, like we always do.  

WellzY
Crew

K i m m e h

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:13 am
Well I went to the badminton on Sunday. It was great.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:40 pm
Been to loads, actually, so far. Rugby, hockey, swimming, aths. It's good to be there, like it's good to be at any sports match (I could hardly speak after the swimming, I'd screamed so hard), but overall...meh. I mean, okay, the commonwealth, yay, but...well, it's just the Olympics in miniature, where some countries have a chance of winning because the Americans and Chinese and etc aren't there to thrash them.

But zomg the rugby was awesome. xd  

evilwickedstrawberry

Ozumou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:20 pm
Hell Yeah,

I also enjoyed the free concerts and just the party feel.  
Sports Talk

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games