Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[prp] you're just like him (Keaira x Tareq)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tareq had made the decision to stay within the pride lands. It hadn't taken much thought on his part, it was what made him happy for the moment. If there was ever a time in the future where he wasn't happy in the lands it seemed like he could easily slip off without being missed. Of course, he didn't actually know too many lions in the pride... those he'd met were hardly acquaintances.

As for that red lion... well Tareq had suspicions that he was being avoided. He chuckled to himself as he moved along the river bed. It was much calmer than normal, apparently. Not that he would know, either way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:11 pm
    The bright female was alone today. Or so she thought. She took the time to watch the surroundings. Her uncle seemed to be doing an okay job of rebuilding the pride, but something was eating at her. Where exactly had her mother gone? It wasn’t like her to just up and leave.

Sighing, bright blue eyes turned towards the west, spotting an unusually marked lion in the pride. She said unusual, due to the fact of how many spots the other held. Usually the markingsof the lands were that of subtly, something neutral. But not this guy! Keaira decided to be adventurous and investigate the new lion. She had to know these things. Who knew, if her family kept disappearing, maybe she would be the next one to rule the lands. She secretly hoped not.

Speaking with her soft voice, the female called out to the other. “Hello?”

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm
    His head tilted as he continued on, thinking he'd just heard something. Probably not. Though it had sounded suspiciously like hello! And when the bright red caught the corner of his eye his head whipped around, an excited and mischievous smile on his maw.

But wait, who was that? His eyes widened. She looked.... exactly like the lion he'd first met. Twins? He smirked slightly, wondering if they were very alike in personality too. "Oh, hi there!" He turned toward her and stood still, waiting for her to make her way to him. He dipped his head politely. "I'm Tareq, new member here."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 pm
    She lifted an eyebrow at him with his greeting. “New huh?” She asked. “Interesting. When did you arrive here?” Not that Keaira was that suspicious of the other, she usually would have heard about a newbie in the pride from one of her family members. She was sure of it.

Of course, unless it was Azima who had met him first. From day one her twin had it out for her. She didn’t know why, she had done nothing wrong with it to begin with.

“Pleasure to meet you, Tareq. I’m Keaira.” She decided it was best to introduce herself. It wasn’t like her not to be friendly to the others. “What brings you to these lands?”

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:31 pm
    Oooh, was she suspicious? It amused him just a little... similar, but seemingly more calm to what he would assume was her twin for now. He seemed to ponder her question though, thinking hard about it as he tilted his head. "Hmmm.... a few days ago?" He said slowly, sounding unsure of it himself. It wasn't like she had to know the exact day or anything... unless she was some high ranking member or something. He still hadn't been taught about ranks and crap like that.

"Keaira is a lovely name. Much easier rolling off the tongue than ..." He paused, thinking up the red males name. "Than Azima." And with this came such a wicked grin, because he found it funny that his words could be used literally. Ah.... the look that'd been on his face! "Mmm... No reason, particularly. Rogue for a long time... wandered through your forest... surprised I made it out of there." He laughed here, as if getting lost and putting his life in danger was some sort of joke. "Decided to stay." Simple as that, sort of.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:39 pm
    …Azima? Oh he knew her brother. “I’m going to kill him.” She uttered a growl towards the stranger, before it dropped. “Oh, I’m sorry…” She didn’t know what got over her. She would have to go talk to her brother now about it though, most definitely! It wasn’t like this pride was huge! She should know if new members come and go from the lands.

“So you must know now that Azima is my brother.” Kea started. It wasn’t like it was not obvious at all.

She couldn’t help but roll her eyes at his next comment. “Didn’t get lost? That’s unusual. Last bout of lions that wandered through there nearly didn’t make it out either. I think they are paranoid that ghosts live there.” She gave a shrug.

“Well then, welcome to the lands. If you need to know anything, don’t hesitate to ask?” She offered, trying to be as friendly as possible knowing that when this conversation was over, she would be headed straight for Azima’s den.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:05 pm
    His eyes widened at her sudden animosity towards her twin, wondering if maybe he should take a few more steps away from her or not. Was it normal to so easily say you wanted to kill a family member? Maybe. His smile had become slightly awkward, a little forced as he nodded a few times. "Ah... right. No, it's okay." He said slowly.

Then nodded more when she stated the obvious. "Well... you do look exactly alike. Except gender and all... it's very interesting. I've never actually met a pair of twins before! Do you guys really think the same thoughts? You don't seem to be too alike." To be fair, he's spent very little time with either one of them.

"...Ghosts huh?" So she believed in things like that? He merely sounded a little bored at that. He'd been to a lot of lands, had heard a lot of stories... and he didn't really believe in stuff like that. He whistled anyways. "Guess I'm lucky I didn't pass out somewhere, hmm?" More chuckles.

He wondered if she was trying to end the conversation. Maybe? "Actually... I was kind of interested in finding that brother of yours. Definitely owe him a thank you." No such thing, he just wanted to mess with him some more cause it was funny. "Happen to know where he'd be?" His tail flicked.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:43 pm
    “Have you come to the right pride then,” she almost said rather sarcastically. “Here, practically every litter is born a twin! There were two sets in the litter I was raised in, and then my grandmother litter also had twins. Not to mention my father was also a twin too,” the Kusini lands should be renamed the land of twins with the bloodlines that flew through it.

“That’s just a myth.” In fact, her and Azima couldn’t be different. At least, now a days. When they were cubs, she always did finish his sentences, and he would get mad about it. That was what twins did though, was it not? She stayed away from doing that recently.

“I’m glad you see it our way.” Azima would say the same thing too.
    “Ai, ghosts. Our forests are guarded by them. Keeps out the wrongdoers. Guess that means I can trust you then, huh?” She smirked.

“Heh, under a rock most likely.” She offered, giving the male a shrug. “Actually, I’ll be looking for him too. We can look together if you want? You can tell me more about you then.” She was interested to know just why Tareq wanted to see her brother.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:59 pm
    He laughed at her sarcastic words, thinking that both red lions had... a bit of attitude toward them. In a kind of manner that was entertaining, and not off putting. Or maybe Tareq was just weird. "Well sounds to me like your family lines are very lucky." he teased. He was a little sad to hear that the whole twins thinking the same thought thing was a myth... it would have been super cool!

Did she really believe in ghosts, or was she messing with him? He narrowed his eyes slightly as he speculated, then lifted his gaze and looked back in the direction he thought the forest was in. Bah, whatever. He still didn't believe it!

Under... a rock? Maybe they were in a fight or something! He snorted. "Oh, I'd love to!" Tareq loved talking about his adventures and schemes and fights he'd been in, just the general excitement of his life! "You are in for a real treat! Done any exploring yourself?" He'd the general feel that lions didn't leave home often here in these lands.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 pm
    Lucky. Once she had thought that, but not now.

Her smirk widened when the male seemed to second guess himself about the ghosts she had mentioned. She should become a storyteller! She was pretty good at telling the ghost stories of the forest if others were likely to believe her like this.

“I’ve done my share. I left the lands when I was little, fell in love, had a litter of two cubs, and then came back here,” she said rather quickly. She didn’t want to linger on the subject, for she had once thought she found her true love. Now-adays, she was wrong. She still hoped one day she would meet that special someone.

“So, tell me about yourself,” she had a feeling she really was in for a real treat when the other would speak. At least it would pass the time looking for Azima.

END

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas