Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
So out of curiosity, does anyone have that game "7.62"?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:44 pm
Usually most games put a hold on realism once it gets to a certain point (they couldn't implement the Akaban's 600 rpm post-two shot fire rate because of engine limitations in BF3 at launch, stuff like that) but this tactics game I just got called 7.62, along with a really popular mod/unofficial patch combo, tries to go all out. 150 different firearms in the vanilla version, and I've not even come close to taking the time to count the just-as-ridiculous list of weapons and equipment added in the mod/patch.

Stuff ranges from pre-WWII to ultramodern prototypes, and there's no weapon-based proficiency or class-based proficiency limitations to speak of, so every unit can use every weapon (though some are better suited for certain pieces of equipment then others, based on stats and skills). Units get better with a particular weapon if they've had it for a while, so actually choosing a favorite gun for a unit is useful. Weapon variants actually have stats that vary. An AKMS will be lighter and easier to draw and store, but accuracy will be somewhat reduced due to the wire stock. Different calibers are taken into account. A UMP in .45 and a UMP in 9mm will have different stats, but a Hi-Power and a Glock that both fire in S&W .40 will have remarkably similar damage output. This is the most comprehensive list of guns I've seen in any game ever, and the gameplay is awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:32 pm
The GGE migrated to a new guild.http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/gaia-gun-enthusiasts-redux/g.376611/  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:18 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
The GGE migrated to a new guild.http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/gaia-gun-enthusiasts-redux/g.376611/
Gotchya. Sorry I've not been around and I'll go over there if you'll have me. If not then it's all good.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games