Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:35 am
User Image
She'd finally finished it! She hid it on herself and ran to find Papa. She wanted him to be the first one to get one of them. She was going to make more, obviously, but he should have the first one since he was Papa.

Coeus thought of the nice bird and lioness that had helped her by giving her the pretty blue feather, Hermes, and smiled. This was going to help her not be so sad all the time! And Papa should be the first one. Yep. That was that.

She ran down the cliff where she like to perch and watch the others from up high. She did really like high places. And it was one of the highest placest she'd found that wasn't too scary. She zoomed past the others, including Perseus and Zeno and went hunting for Papa.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm
Athena was sleeping in a big pile of moss under a rock outcropping. It was so nice and soft not to mention cool against his dark fur of his sides. The fluffy male had been sleeping there for some time while the cubs ran about and the females watched them. His first litter was actually getting to the age where they could find mates of their own and have their own cubs. Not that he expected them to settle for one mate or have many. It was their choice what they did with their lives and he was quite proud of how they were turning out.

Zenobia was going to be having a litter of cubs soon, and Athena was excited about that. It was hard to tell that he was excited about anything when he was sleeping ever so peacefully on his little bed of moss, but that was just one of those things he could do. He could sleep no matter how he felt. He called it a talent, though most would not agree. He also tended to wake easily, though, and that was useful with cubs around, especially if they got themselves into trouble.

Athena was still laying there sleeping when his daughter came to find him. He smelled her scent get close and cracked open an eye to see what was going on. He debated playing at sleeping deeply and grabbing her when she least expected it. the eye went closed the whole way again and he did just that. He waited until she got close and then when she did, he scooped her close and snuggled her. "Got you."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:18 pm
Coeus spotted Papa sleeping on a pile of moss. He looked peaceful. Too peaceful for Coeus. She ran harder planing on landing on Papa's back and waking him up, but when she got closer he scooped her up and snuggled her. "Ahhh!" She squealed, squirming around in his snuggling embrace. He hadn't been asleep at all! Cheater. Part of her wanted to pout. The other part wanted to snuggle back.

She consented to the snuggling, rubbing her head against him. But only a little bit. "You cheated."

Coeus remembered why she'd come looking for Papa in the first place and started to squirm and wiggle like crazy. "Papa! Let go! Come on!" She had to do this. She had to give it to him and if he kept snuggling, she might forget to. Coeus didn't want to forget to .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:36 pm
Athena chuckled and snuggled his daughter a bit more. "I would not say cheated. I was just prepared." He grinned and groomed her ears before letting her go and purring at her smuggly. "Fine fine, where are we going?" The fluffy lion was not sure he wanted to leave his nice little mossy bed, but he would do it for his cubs. Besides, she seemed excited and he could use some excitement he was sure. Not that he wouldn't likely go back to sleep later, but it would be enjoyable for a bit.

Athena pulled himself up and stretched before looking to his daughter to lead on to whatever it was she wanted his attention for. He shook himself out to fluff up and looked slightly tired yet, but then he had just woken not long ago. It was the way of the Fluffy to look tired for a bit after waking and yet still look as fluffy and cute as always. Or so he thought. "I knew you were going to try to pounce me awake when I saw you coming. I had to get you first. It is only fair." He grinned and touched noses to the leopon.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:56 pm
Coeus rolled her eyes at her father. "You would say that. If you said anything else you'd be admitting to being a cheater." She butted her head against Papa's elbow to make him move faster. He was too slow for her excitement. "Come on, Papa! I finally finished it! Come on!" She kept her head against his front leg to make him move faster, not that she was actually moving Papa, but she didn't notice that.

She had anchored it with a rock but Coeus was scared that it would be taken by the wind or a prey animal of some sort before Papa got there. She was very proud and Papa had to see it. Really Papa had to have it, but first he had to move - faster!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:29 am
Athena chuckled at his daughter's reaction. He did not consider it cheating, but she certainly did. He might have enjoyed getting her going on it, which might have been why he continued to do such things. He looked down at her with his head tilted to the side as she butted into his elbow. He was a up and walking wasn't he? It must really be something she wanted him to see. The big lion padded along, trying to remember what his daughter had been working on that she was going on about finishing 'it'. He could not recall. That was probably a bad thing and would get him into trouble if he admitted it. He would have to think harder with his big fluffy head.

The lion picked up the pace to make his cub happy. He could not have one of his precious babies mad at him, especially not just because he didn't move fast enough to suit them. That would be horrible! "You finished it, did you? All that hard work is done now?" He grinned and let no indication that he was not sure what Coeus was talking about. He was very good at being able to hold a conversation even when he was clueless of what was really going on in it. It was one of many talents he had developed and perfected over his lifetime. Very few, even that were around him all the time, realized just how good he was at it.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:21 pm
If Coeus's fur and been any lighter, her blush would have glowed. As it was the dark got darker and the light lite up. And she was sure Papa could smell the blush. She'd been so careful! She'd thought that it was going to be surprised. Well, at least she could still give it to Papa. She should have known that Papa would figure out was she was making.

Letting out a tiny sigh that she hoped wasn't disappointed sounding. "Yes, all the work it done. And I want you to see it. And I want you to have it." A moment of fear rushed through her that made her stumbled over her own feet as they moved to the holding rock - the rock she'd used to pin it down. "You do want it, don't you Papa?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Athena licked his daughter's cheek and grinned at her. "What is wrong, dear Coeus?" The big fluffy male could read all over his daughter's body that she was bothered. Embarrassed maybe, but he was not sure if that was right or if it might be disappointment. It bothered him that something was suddenly wrong with his daughter. Had he upset her somehow? He certainly had not meant to upset her. That was one of the last things he ever wanted to do to one of his children. It was right up there with harming them physically. He might be a soft parent, but at least his children felt safe around him.

Athena fluffed himself with a shake and tried to tickle Coeus with the fluffy mane. "I am happy that you finished your project. I would love to see it!" He grinned widely and peered over her shoulder at it. It would not have mattered what it was, as long as it was not dangerous, he would have taken it and kept it proudly. He was just that kind of parent. "Of course, Coeus. I want anything you have made for me. Why would I not want it?" He tilted his head to the side to show he did not understand the idea of him not wanting something his daughter had made for him. He still hoped she was not upset with him, and that he would not upset her further.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:52 am
Shaking herself out of the moment, Coeus bumps her head against Papa. "Nothing, Papa, but we have to get to it before it blows away!" She starts bumping his elbow again. Her panic that it had disappeared during her moment of slowness made her more hasty, bumping her head against Papa more often than she actually meant to.

"You promise, you'll wear it, Papa, and that you're not huma'ing me?" Coeus asked, automatically assuming Papa now knew what it was that she'd been working on. No point in talking like tit was a surprise anymore, since Papa obviously always knew what Coeus had been up too. "Blue is good, right, Papa? You like blue. And you don't mind that it doesn't have black or gray or more bright feathers, right?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:21 pm
Athena let himself be bumped and herded by his leopon offspring, knowing that she was eager that he see whatever it was she had been working on. "Lead the way, young one. I am eager to see what it is you have been working on. You have been so secretive about it, after all." He grinned at his daughter and went where she lead. She was such a bright female, that he was sure she had made something wonderful. "Why would I not wear something you made, Coeus? You ask silly questions, of course I shall wear it! You made it, that means it is the most wonderful thing in the world."

Athena chuckled as she rattled away with her questions. She seemed nervous to him, but he would never say that out loud when there was something important being discussed. "Blue is wonderful, Coeus. I do like blue, and feathers of every color. I do not mind a lack of black and bright colors. I know how hard feathers are to get, so someone was working hard." Athena grinned at his daughter and tried to look for what she had made as they walked.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm
Coeus beamed at Papa and bounded around him, trying to herd him faster before she gave up and ran to wear she had hidden the present for Papa and back to him again.

She ran to the hiding place and back to Papa several times as she waited for Papa to get to the hiding place/make-shift work place she had made for herself. There were still little treasures like pretty and smooth stones, hard pieces of wood, some feathers held down by bigger rocks and even a few pieces of limestone.

"Ready, Papa?!" She asked all excited and happy. Her tail was whipping back and forth, moving her behind with it almost like a dog, but she didn't know what a dog was. She bounced up and down a lot and her paws wouldn't stay on the ground. She kept lifting them and pawing the rocks and dirt around her.

Coeus pushed the rock hiding the hole she had dug aside with her head and revealed the hole to Papa. "Surprise!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:26 pm
Athena was glad when they arrived at the hiding spot of this gift that his daughter made for him. He wanted to see what it was and get to the snuggling gratefully part of the gift giving. He loved gifts, but really he liked the snuggling better. He was such a big fluffball of a lion in more than just his fur. It was what made him such a good father and why females let him get them knocked up for him to BE a good father. There were many good reasons to be a snugly fluffball when one was a rogue and loved cubs.

Athena watched Coeus get her work out from under the rock she had used to hold it down and sat himself down on his furry rump to wait. She might have run ahead, but he certainly had no hard time catching up and sitting down while she got her little treasure out. He found it quite amusing to see her tail whipping back and forth as she asked him if he was ready. Ah the excitement of youth! He did love it so, and his cubs all seemed to have it, or at least most of them did. He grinned at his daughter. "Of course I am ready... Oooo, look at this pretty my daughter has made for me!" He looked down into the hole and nuzzled his daughter in the same motion.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:54 pm
Kathryn Dragonna

Coeus allowed herself to nuzzle Papa back, because secretly she loved Papa's nuzzling and snuggling. And she really liked what she had made for papa in secret. She squirmed away from Papa and carefully used her teeth to pull out the mane jewelry she had made for him. It was blue - her favorite color and had a little stone attached to it. Around her mouth she asked, "Do you like it? Do you like it, Papa?"

She passed it to her fluffy papa and watched his expression. Logically she knew that Papa would like it, but it was the first thing she had made and she was anxious. She waited for Papa you tell her what he thought and if he could even wear it. Coeus hadn't even thought of that. Would big fluffy males wear this kind of thing?

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games