Back to Guilds

Tags: Poll, Community, Friends, Random, Contests 

Reply Main Forum
7/954 So I can't park.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maybe I'll just set out two hours early to avoid the pressure.
  I can hang out at the Barnes & Noble.
  That's just lame, Ivy.
View Results

IvyStarling
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:22 pm
This conundrum suddenly came to me as I was getting over the shock of having a partial life.

We're gonna grab dinner downtown, but it has absolutely horrid traffic around 6, and I'm gonna probably have to squeeze into a parking space.

But I can't park. This probably has to do with the fact that I've only driven by myself a grand total of 3 times since I got my license in November.

Anyone can do angled parking, but the parking garages only have regular, perpendicular spots. Before I got my license, I had a problem with turning too early. Now I have a problem turning too late. Either way, both are a problem. There's probably going to be a line of cars waiting behind me.

Oh well. Nothing like learning on the spot.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:20 pm
I don't like parking either, I'm paranoid about having to be in the center exactly but if there's a chance to pull through to the spot in front of it I take it because it doesn't require any sort of skill.  

non-king 3mo

Prince-I

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:09 pm
Meh. I've no problem with it. I do get paranoid about not being in the middle. Of course, I snicker in my car when people can't park for their life.

Oh, and I get angry as hell as well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:14 pm
The only reason I can park a car is because the tiny carport at my house doesn't have a lot of room for errors. xC Oh the many times I've almost knocked a mirror off....

I wish you luck in finding two empty spaces side by side for extra easy parking!  

Toontastic
Vice Captain

O.G. Member

IvyStarling
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:58 pm
The parking went surprisingly well, but it was still the worst driving experience I ever had. Long story short, I got pulled over by a police car emotion_facepalm

In the car I normally drive, if your lights are off, your dashboard lights are also off. You can't read a thing on your speedometer until you turn your lights on. But in the car I was driving today, those lights automatically turned on, plus I have been way too spoiled by "Auto" lights, so I forgot about them. emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 pm
No worries Ivy. It takes a little bit to get used to having manual lights and parking.
I know it took a while for me to learn to properly parallel park. And I had to relearn how with my smaller car. sweatdrop

The best thing to do with a car is to look at the light stick thingy to see if it's manual or automatic before you start to drive.  

Cherry_slushy
Captain

Questionable Sex Symbol

11,625 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Prince-I

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 pm
Also, make sure you know how sensitive the pedals are because braking in one vehicle can be a lot different than braking in another.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games