Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
So I've been posting like crazy all over Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:55 pm
So I've been posting like crazy all over Gaia's Facebook page and I've actually gotten a response. This was after they deleted the first few comments I made - none of which were impolite in the raging, screaming, I'll eat your face way - which were slightly sarcastic.

Here's the response.

I don't like the way they've worded part of their response and you'll see why when you've read it over. Sets my uneasy button off.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:51 am
Of course they would answer like that- and I responded- go look!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:24 am
I don't foresee us getting any cooperating from Gaia in the near future. Being nice doesn't work, we tried that, Being forceful doesn't work, we tried that. If we become ghosts, maybe that will work- who knows. It can't be any worse than what is happening now. cry  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:55 am
I say we lie low for a bit, if we go another six months without anything then maybe we can contact one of the developers (I can do it if you want).  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:29 am
Pilotslover
I say we lie low for a bit, if we go another six months without anything then maybe we can contact one of the developers (I can do it if you want).

As far as I am concerned, that is fine- you can take it from here. I am not in any mood or position to do anything for now, as you know. Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:36 am
Hm, I wonder if it would work at all if someone going to the live convention events would bring up guilds? Not anything obnoxious, but if there was at least one person at each pannel who stood up during q&a time and simply said "What about Guilds?" it would be a lot harder for them to ignore... Maybe also if it was brought up during the ask a mod thing they seem to do every once in a while.
It would need to be done with the utmost of politeness, but someone standing right in front of them is a lot harder to ignore than some text on a website. You can't send a person to a spam file...  

Ranas_Dragon

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:36 pm
Ranas_Dragon
Hm, I wonder if it would work at all if someone going to the live convention events would bring up guilds? Not anything obnoxious, but if there was at least one person at each pannel who stood up during q&a time and simply said "What about Guilds?" it would be a lot harder for them to ignore... Maybe also if it was brought up during the ask a mod thing they seem to do every once in a while.
It would need to be done with the utmost of politeness, but someone standing right in front of them is a lot harder to ignore than some text on a website. You can't send a person to a spam file...

Yes it would. Politicians do it all the time. However if a group of people went there and asked questions constantly then might be more difficult. They wouldn't want someone with a camera to put something that would give them bad publicity on Youtube after all.

Anything we can do to bring awareness would help. Hey Rita if you've still got any PMs between yourself and the developers maybe you could forward them to anyone going to the conventions and have them ask questions about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:32 pm
EVADE! EVADE! EVADE!

That's all I can think of this developer's responses.

Along with this one as he seems to think that placating me will do some good. I have to give the guy props for trying but I'm still unhappy.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Alex Nightwalker

Invisible Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:19 pm
Kenocka
EVADE! EVADE! EVADE!

That's all I can think of this developer's responses.

Along with this one as he seems to think that placating me will do some good. I have to give the guy props for trying but I'm still unhappy.

-sighs- What none of you seem to be understanding is that the guilds don't need any dire updates. I would love for the character cap in the announcements to be raised significantly so I'm not always running out of room.
But this isn't something I should try to make everyone think is high priority. Because it isn't. The guilds function just fine without constant updates. This is what even the devs have been trying to explain. They're devs, they aren't exactly trained to explain things simply. I'm putting this out, plain and simple for all of you to see. If you still don't understand, then keep trying to preach to the choir.

The guilds are of very little to no priority at all. It is not a site-changing feature and it works just fine. There is no need for fancy, constant updates. It isn't what is needed, it is what is wanted.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:24 pm
Alumina Kisarri
-sighs- What none of you seem to be understanding is that the guilds don't need any dire updates. I would love for the character cap in the announcements to be raised significantly so I'm not always running out of room.
But this isn't something I should try to make everyone think is high priority. Because it isn't. The guilds function just fine without constant updates. This is what even the devs have been trying to explain. They're devs, they aren't exactly trained to explain things simply. I'm putting this out, plain and simple for all of you to see. If you still don't understand, then keep trying to preach to the choir.

The guilds are of very little to no priority at all. It is not a site-changing feature and it works just fine. There is no need for fancy, constant updates. It isn't what is needed, it is what is wanted.

Did you read the posts I linked to? If you did then you would see that I wasn't trying to say that the guilds are any more important than anything else. I was just stating my opinion that I personally feel as if guilds are ignored and undervalued. I know full well that the guilds do little to nothing for Gaia financially so honestly they don't HAVE to do anything. I just would APPRECIATE it if they DID update. Thank you kindly.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Alex Nightwalker

Invisible Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm
Kenocka
Alumina Kisarri

Did you read the posts I linked to? If you did then you would see that I wasn't trying to say that the guilds are any more important than anything else. I was just stating my opinion that I personally feel as if guilds are ignored and undervalued. I know full well that the guilds do little to nothing for Gaia financially so honestly they don't HAVE to do anything. I just would APPRECIATE it if they DID update. Thank you kindly.

I did read them, and I apologize for being blunt. I would appreciate changes as well, but it is obvious that the devs do not want to do any updating for the guilds. They way some people have been going about vouching for changes has made me a little less optimistic and patient with people wanting changes to the guilds.
So, again, I apologize.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm
Alumina Kisarri
I did read them, and I apologize for being blunt. I would appreciate changes as well, but it is obvious that the devs do not want to do any updating for the guilds. They way some people have been going about vouching for changes has made me a little less optimistic and patient with people wanting changes to the guilds.
So, again, I apologize.

S'all good now love. Apology accepted and one extended towards yourself should one be needed. I suppose that I should just give up on this and accept it as yet another irritation of Gaia I'll have to live with for now. All I can do.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Alex Nightwalker

Invisible Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:43 pm
Kenocka
Alumina Kisarri
So, again, I apologize.

S'all good now love. Apology accepted and one extended towards yourself should one be needed. I suppose that I should just give up on this and accept it as yet another irritation of Gaia I'll have to live with for now. All I can do.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't call me "love." sweatdrop
I think if we let it rest for a while, then slowly feed in small ideas for guild changes - like a raise in the guild announcement characters for example - then they would be more likely to listen and give us what we ask for - as long as we stay polite and don't try to over-push it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 pm
Alumina Kisarri
I think if we let it rest for a while, then slowly feed in small ideas for guild changes - like a raise in the guild announcement characters for example - then they would be more likely to listen and give us what we ask for - as long as we stay polite and don't try to over-push it.

Sorry, Southerner. Common to do that here. I'll avoid it though. Do as you like. I've given up for now.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:25 am
Alumina Kisarri

Why would anyone want an increased character limit? It's an announcement not a newsletter. I'm sorry but I honestly don't understand why anyone would need it ...

I don't think Gaia has any intention of giving us anything, they're welcome to prove me wrong of course. wink  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff