Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply Graphic/Art Rating
[Advice needed] Mew!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sidhe the Unfeeling
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:43 am
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z1eq28.png

Okay so posting the image will cause a page stretch.. So here's the link. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone wants to see the original, here it is.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ibn9s3.jpg  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

................... Luna Chi ....................
-----------------------------------------------------------------

{ It is a nice piece, but some of the things I see is just first off the way the cat was COBed (Cut Out Background) it seems a little sharp and awkward on its right side where you made it curve in. Maybe if you were to add back in the part of the cat you cut out it would look more natural? If not its fine, I'm just looking at it through a constructive criticism lens.
The black bar wit the Curiosity Killed is a nice way to put the title but since is just pure black it looks a little bit unmatched with the cloudy smooth background above, a suggestion is maybe you could change the layer type of the black things maybe to something like overlay or screen or just add brush effects that fade into it? Or another option is to add a pitch black accent brush element to the picture, like stars or another brush to your liking.

I hope this is what you wanted heh, also if you want if you have the PSD (or whatever program you use, can be gimp to) file if you'd like me to make another version where I tweak it a little you can send it over smile }

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chishire
Crew

Anxious Trash

15,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Conventioneer 300

godoftherain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 pm
the directionality of the cat -- the way it's looking, is detracting from the message. so you never really read "curiosity killed...", because you are following hte strong gaze of the cat.

The area around the nose needs further tightening/resolution in terms of the cut out.

the hard backslash/angle element over the soft contours on the back/shoulder of the cat seems awkward and doesn't fit in that particular place.

the typography is tracked too tightly, and the thick rule underneath the lowercase letters is fighting with the typography; the type should be set in uppercase or the rule should be thinner.

all of the elements are the same optical weight. the flourishy grunge, the cat, the phrase is almost the exact length of the cat itself. the rule is also fighting for dominance.

what is the hierarchy?

overall its hard to also determine a concept or communication, if there is one.
what are you intending to convey?  
Graphic/Art Rating

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff