Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Sims won't change.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esri

Generous Millionaire

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:06 am
I think this problem involves the sims changing into different outfits and whatnot. The problem is that whenever I want my sims to take a shower/bath that basically stand in front of the bath/shower for like two hours before they get nekkid and actually bathe. It's incredibly annoying when I just want them to take a quick shower for work in the morning and they end up being like 5 hours late for work. This also happens when they're supposed to change for work when their carpool comes, they just stand there for hours when they are supposed to be going to work. This also happens when they are supposed to change into their PJs and go to sleep. They just stand in front of their bed until like 2 AM and then finally change and go to sleep. It is sooo unbelievably annoying. It's been like this for a while, but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

I have no custom content. Is this happening to anyone else because I would like to know how to fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:57 am
Is this Sims 2 or 3?

If it is Sims 3 then do you regularly clear out caches before you play? If you do, stop it. The game uses the cache files to help load things, such as saved outfits, quicker. If you delete them then the game has to load everything fresh each time which takes longer.

If you have never deleted a cache file then I dunno BUT it may help if you pause the game for a few minutes when a Sim tries to change clothing to give the game time to collect the needed info. That way you won't lose all the game time waiting for a Sim to change clothes and then arrive late to work.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Esri

Generous Millionaire

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:14 pm
Menaceman
Is this Sims 2 or 3?

If it is Sims 3 then do you regularly clear out caches before you play? If you do, stop it. The game uses the cache files to help load things, such as saved outfits, quicker. If you delete them then the game has to load everything fresh each time which takes longer.

If you have never deleted a cache file then I dunno BUT it may help if you pause the game for a few minutes when a Sim tries to change clothing to give the game time to collect the needed info. That way you won't lose all the game time waiting for a Sim to change clothes and then arrive late to work.

It's Sims 3, and thank you, I'll try that.
Btw, I've never deleted a cache file, I don't even know how.

Edit: Tried it, and pausing for a bit definitely helps.

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games