Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to Nosgoth - a Legacy of Kain fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampires, Raziel, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Eidos 

Reply The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum
Raziel's lunch just flew past my face Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:05 am
While I am a strong believer in the paranormal, when anything paranormal happens to me personally, I usually chalk it up to something that can be explained.

Example:

My purse fell off the counter and no one was touching it? Oh, that wasn't a ghost, I just have too much s**t inside my bag and gravity was ******** with it, making it fall over and fall down off the counter, yup.

Waking up because is sounded like a male voice just said 'hello' right by my ear? Peh, easy, it was just a dream. I hear voices in my head all the time just before I start falling asleep and dreaming... that's normal, right?

Yeah, I love ghosties, but as soon as stuff starts happening to me, I go into skeptic mode.

What's been happening to me lately I really can't explain.

Have you guys ever watched a ghost show and they capture balls and streaks of light on the film? They call them orbs and a lot of skeptics say its just a trick of the lens, light bouncing of dust or bugs in the shot. Okay, that sounds like a good explanation... but what the hell am I seeing? My eyes aren't playing tricks on me, I'm seeing orbs without even using a camera. They just float past me like 'oh hey, don't mind me, just gonna head into the laundry room' or 'mind if I hang out on your computer monitor? Great, thanks.'

Don't get me wrong, the experiences I've had weren't scary, just... odd.

I would like to see more, if they are spirits, I've been asking to show themselves more and it actually seems to be working.

What do you guys think? I think its funny that we as humans are freaked out by the unknown. Even those vampire hunters in Defiance, sure, they could handle vampires, but as soon as Ariel starts moaning and rattling her chains the get spooked. Meanwhile Raziel is eating those ghosties for breakfast.

Do you guys have any strange experiences, ghostly or not? We need some LoK creepypasta up in here!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:43 am
If you only knew hun....

I live in a hunted house, knew it was when we got it. So far we've had run ins with several of the spirits.

We've tried debunking one thing as I always look for the 'how' before chalking something up to spirits. I came home from work one night to see what looked like my husband in the living room, couldn't tell from the road. We pulled up to the house and I went in, only to find my husband sound asleep in bed. I know I saw someone in the room though (Wait it gets better) I woke him up to ask if he'd been up and he said he hadn't, but after I told him what I saw he got up to go look, and saw someone on the front porch. This person took off running, toward the side and vanished by the side of the house. Hubby went outside to look for the guy and couldn't find him, sensor light didn't go off, nothing, guy just poofed. Hubby described him and it was the same person I'd seen... To be on the porch the guy woulda made noise, which he didn't so yeah...

I've also seen orbs in the house but meh.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:12 pm
Samt03
If you only knew hun....

I live in a hunted house, knew it was when we got it. So far we've had run ins with several of the spirits.

We've tried debunking one thing as I always look for the 'how' before chalking something up to spirits. I came home from work one night to see what looked like my husband in the living room, couldn't tell from the road. We pulled up to the house and I went in, only to find my husband sound asleep in bed. I know I saw someone in the room though (Wait it gets better) I woke him up to ask if he'd been up and he said he hadn't, but after I told him what I saw he got up to go look, and saw someone on the front porch. This person took off running, toward the side and vanished by the side of the house. Hubby went outside to look for the guy and couldn't find him, sensor light didn't go off, nothing, guy just poofed. Hubby described him and it was the same person I'd seen... To be on the porch the guy woulda made noise, which he didn't so yeah...

I've also seen orbs in the house but meh.

You forgot to tell her about little Jimmy. :3 BTW, tell little Jimmy I said hi and hope he's having a good day.

Also, our restaurant is haunted. At least I know who my ghost is though. My grandmother used to be with us at the old business, a carryout, and when she died we figured she'd be with us here. Well we didn't know she'd literally come with us.

So everytime something unexpectedly fall over without warning it's always Marion knocking stuff over. That's just who we assume it is always. Who else could it be?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 pm
I'm going to be the dissenter (yeah we all need one). I honestly do not believe in any of that supernatural stuff whether it be ghosts, horoscopes, Bigfoot, or the cancel print button. I'm scientifically minded and request detailed proof and rational analyses for any claim. I have yet to encounter something haunted that I truly believed was so. Now mind you, I'm not going to go to anyone's place of residence or restaurant to protest or demand extensive evidence. I simply choose to not believe it.

So yeah, the other side.  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:54 pm
Lieutenant Turel
I'm going to be the dissenter (yeah we all need one). I honestly do not believe in any of that supernatural stuff whether it be ghosts, horoscopes, Bigfoot, or the cancel print button. I'm scientifically minded and request detailed proof and rational analyses for any claim. I have yet to encounter something haunted that I truly believed was so. Now mind you, I'm not going to go to anyone's place of residence or restaurant to protest or demand extensive evidence. I simply choose to not believe it.

So yeah, the other side.

I wish someone could explain what I was seeing.

Some ghosts really are trolls, its like they'll do whatever they want to whom they're haunting but as soon the skeptics show up and the cameras start rolling they get shy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:57 pm
Well, you'd need a variety of people to aid you including: a biochemical research team, a geoscience team and probably a few physicists. All need a master's or higher in order to access the type of research equipment you'd want.

So, I think I can find biochemists easily (family) and physicists (I have a friend pursuing a master's degree currently) Who here can fetch the geoscience team?  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:11 pm
>implying I'm brave enough to investigate ghosts

I believe in both science and the spiritual, but I also believe that praying can get you so far and while science can get you pretty far, as humans, we aren't capable of understanding all there is to the world. Science has turned into just as much a dogma as a lot of religions anyway.

Why hasn't more research gone into proving or disproving the existence of ghosts? People all over the world are experiencing strikingly similar phenomena, it seems like something worthwhile, yet most scientists think its ridiculous and refuse to have anything to do with it. They just like to hang onto their popular theories and disregard everything else.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 pm
Why waste time on it? Are ghosts curing serious diseases? Is studying the supernatural going to solve our energy crisis? I see no reason to waste funding from grants on something that isn't producing much good for society anyways. If we waste money into paranormal research, various groups will be slammed and lambasted for not dedicating energy into issues such as modern medicine. I'd rather money go to something useful.  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm
And making a cat who's nose glows in the dark is useful? lol There's a lot of scientist out there who are like right winger fundamentalists, they hold tightly to their own ideas and disregard everything else, even if its valid, horde money for themselves, and look down on everyone else and their beliefs.

Science has done a lot of good for this world, but it can be wrong sometimes and it can't explain everything, like some people want you to believe.

Like I said at the beginning of this post, people are afraid of the unknown, I think that its why people like to cling to popular theories and reject anything that's new and a bit different.

One thing I know for sure is is that we should have a right to believe in what we want, so long as its not hurting anyone else, no one should be able to call you wrong or silly.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 pm
We are both set in our ways, undoubtedly, and I will take your post as a hint that we need to drop this before it escalates into something vile. I agree with the notion that people may believe what they want. I will also judge them for it. I may judge favorably or dis-favorably; in case of the latter I may deem it stupid or wrong. You are free to do the same. Regardless, I do try to keep my opinions to myself unless prodded or belief that I have been prodded.

In that aside, l suggest shifting the topic to supernatural in fictional works. Such as our guild's series.  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:42 pm
Yes, lets~

Now I'm wondering what's in a vampire's soul that gives Elder God such a hard time digesting them.

Is this why he needs a colostomy?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:45 pm
Well, I'm trying to remember what the games' canon said about it. From what I recall he was able to digest them (as many ancients committed suicide at learning they couldn't be reincarnated) but rather they choose to not be digested. It would be like you subsisting off a selection of amazing Belgium chocolates, to have them suddenly turn American, and then the American chocolates don't even want you to eat them.

And yes, I just insulted my own country's chocolate.  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm
I know what you mean, bra, there's chocolate down here in Canada you just don't want to eat *now must find that video of that guy who reviews candy*

But that is a hilarious mental image, thanks for that.

Now I feel like Raziel's a glutton because he can just eat anything... EVEN MOEBIUS! Now that's a feat~

also worst chocolate ever created

I believe I actually had these once but I just don't want to remember it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm
It's Russel Stover. What are you expecting? But I digress, I'm stumped on another LoK spectral issue:

Why was Ariel in a half decayed state? Now even in the spectral realm (link if I am wrong) in SR2 she seemed to still be partially decayed. Her state of decay does not seem to change from game to game and these games take place over the course of about two thousand years. Bouncing back and forth, of course. Now any shifts in her appearance can be credited to graphic development. Opinion? Guess?  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:00 pm
I'm thinking it has to do with her insanity, because remember when Raziel purified her, she was no longer half decayed?

Its Raziel's miracle makeover! Have half a face? No problem! A hole in your chest where your heart use to be? He can fix that! Order yours today!  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff