Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:06 pm
User Image

The peace talks with Ranba, while sometimes long, drawn out, and frustrating, had gone through successfully. Baboons were fickle creatures and he partially feared that the entire affair would take a turn for the worst. It was very different, training to be the Kima'baba and actually doing the work the title required, but he was sure his father would be proud of the progress he had made with the difficult, ornery new alpha of the very same baboon tribe he had learned from when but a cub.

But results could be seen.

The bronze, purple and orange marked lion sat on his haunches, inspecting the drums that some of the troop had recently brought out from the thick, dense forestry they called home. They were of good craft; the baboons had obviously not lost their skills since the plague pried their relations apart. The large, bulky male lifted a hefty paw and dropped it against the taut, stretched hide that topped the instrument and was rewarded with a rich rumble. It was impossible to surpress the rumbling purr of approval as he padded out a few, quick beats, the rhythm that was his own.

The pair of baboons hooted with delight as the lion, their protector, admired their handiwork.

"Uncle is happy with, then, yes?"

"Yes, most definitely. Tell Ranba of my thanks. I'll be out shortly to do another patrol."

The pair quickly scurried off to the trees that fringed the NchiMahadhi territory, leaving Jukka to run his paws over the newest drums in admiration, drinking in the way the light of the hot, afternoon sun reflected off of hide and wood. There was a sort of melancholy, though only for a moment, as he thought of his father. He was the last of his father's bloodline and he didn't wish for his father's rhythm to completely leave this world. He had been too great of a lion to allow such things to happen, even if there had been nothing he could have done to ward off the plague.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:01 pm
User Image
Lalawethika had awoken early that morning and was allowed to leave the den to explore his pride. It hadn't been long that he was in the world and for the most part he seemed to be verily apathetic to be in it at all. Though in truth he actually enjoyed everything. He loved the way the air smelled, the sound the tree's made outside of his mother's den. Just, everything. Though he would never admit that to anyone.

Standing now near the center of the pride where the ceremonies were held he looked around. He had no plans yet of what he would do as the goal was just to get out and explore. Sighing to himself he looked down at his small paws that in truth seemed like foreign things. Lala nosed them, they seemed a bit harder to get a handle on then one would think. His mother told him and his siblings that soon walking wouldn't be a hard thing at all. Lala noted to himself to keep a close eye on her. Maybe she was crazy! That would be his luck wouldn't it.

His attention was quickly drawn away from his thoughts when he heard what sounded like a rumble. Lala quickly raised his head and moved his tiny ears around wildly, still not used to how exactly they worked and how to hone in on sounds. Curious to know what it was that was making that odd sound the small brown and black cub made his way towards the tree's.

When he finally reached the destination he found himself presented with a large male lion who appeared to be hitting large wooden things. What were those? His curiosity growing the small cub further bridged the gap between him and his elder. Once Lala made it to the males side he cocked his head slightly to one side and looked from the males paws to the drum, not saying anything but questions marking his facial expression.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 pm
The pride's uncle was so deep in thought that he almost completely missed the tiny creature that had come nearer, drawn by the sound of his rhythm padded out on the new drums. It was only when he paused, did his emerald eyes part and his ears swivel towards the tiny sound of breathing at his side.

"Lalawethika," it took him a brief moment to recall the young male's name, yet he recognized the scent and appearance of one of the newest members of his beloved pride, "does your mother know you're out and about?" He grinned as he nudged the drum forward with a paw and plopped down to all fours, his ringed tail curling about his haunches as he looked over the young cub. Lala was obviously curious and he, healer, protecter, teacher, and nursmaid, was eager to oblige. Though he had no cubs of his own, as of yet, he was always fond of the younger generations and motioned from the cub to the drums.

"You play your rhythm on them, when you find yours. Your rhythm is important and these, the drums are important, too."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 pm
"She knows." He said once more with no emotion showing through his words. Then again Lala rarely if ever showed any emotion about something. Or showed interest in anything at all. Though his presence near the elder lions side had to mean something. When the drum was pushed in his direction however, the small cubs eyes widened for a moment. "Rhythm?" He asked, once more his facial expressions and voice showing nothing.

On the inside Lala was actually beyond curious and excited to learn about what exactly this drum thing was and how his rhythm pertained to it. Once more it would be a long time, if ever that this small cub would admit that. "When did you find your rhythm?" Lalawethika asked as he turned his head to look at the lion. His head ever so slightly tilting to one side to signify that he was indeed curious to hear more of what Jukka had to say. "Who are you?" He asked, still unaware of who everyone was within the pride and what their roles were. Then again he really hadn't been in it long. No one would expect him to know such things. Right?

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:40 pm
The usually silent cub's attention was, indeed, enough to warrant some happiness from the older lion, who smiled broadly. He rarely ever seemed to be without a grin, kind words, and some sort of treat, but that was Jukka for you. So many questions! Yet he decided to answer the last one first.

"I'm Jukka, the Kima'baba, the Monkey's Uncle." He chuckled slightly as he spoke of the nickname that came with his title. He was often known as, simply, Uncle. "I work with the baboons, get them to make the drums. I also, when a lion or baboon gets sick, make them all better, again. That's who I am, child. And rhythm, well, that's something that comes from inside each of us." As if to accentuate his words, he bopped the stretched hide of the drum again, causing it to give a playful rumble.

"Do you want to try?" To see what sort of rhythm the little cub had, now, that definitely interested him. Of course, the little fellow probably wouldn't find it til he was older, but to see him express interest in something that he had grown to love so dearly over his lifetime, was wonderful.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:35 am
"Kima'baba." He repeated to himself a couple times until he got it right. And then his eyebrow raised as he looked at Jukka. "So you do everything?" He asked, his eyebrow lowering back down as he clearly inspected the male's face with his eyes; as if he was looking for some sort of lie. However, a shrug of his shoulders yielded he found no such thing.

"The baboons. How do you get them to do that?" Lala asked, pretending like he really wasn't that interested, just casually asking. Though, it probably so obvious at his intention that he was easy to read. And then he uttered the word. Try. It was like a flood poured out of the cub as his eyes lit up, heading popping up and down as a grin was ever present on his lips. "YES!" He exclaimed as if it took the monkey's uncle an eternity to ask. And then it quickly faded as he cleared his throat. "Sure." Lala added, slipping back into his normal listlessness.

Turning his attention to the drum the small cub pawed at the top of it a couple times before he gradually began hitting it harder. The sound that came from it had no sort of rhythm to it at least not fully. Though there was quite a lot of sounds that at times did for a distinct "boom ba'ba boom ba" type of sound. Though clearly the cub was just beating away at it, a smile once more playing on his maw.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:57 am
"Maybe not everything, I certainly am no leader. I just help others. The baboons, though, they can be tricky. My father taught me how to handle them when I was only a wee bit older than you are, now. I offer them safety and healing and, in exchange, they make these drums for us." He held back a laugh at the younger lion's antics, if anything to keep from embarrassing him due to his sudden, excited exclamation.

He slipped his paw down to the base of the drum and nudged it closer towards Lala, tail flicking in curiosity as the youngster batted at the tightly pulled surface. There wasn't much in the way of rhythm, really, but the cub was just that; a cub.

"Isn't it amazing?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:17 am
"Yes." He said with a grin before he looked up from the drum in the direction in front of him. He pulled his paws away from it and regained his composure as if nothing had phased him, the smile now gone. "What don't you do?" Lala asked with a mellow tone. "The baboons listen to you right? So you are a leader." He nodded firmly as if anything Jukka said after that would just not be an acceptable answer to him.

Lala tilted his head as he seemed to inspect the male. "Do you have any cubs? Or a mate?" The small brown and black cub asked. Who knew where he was going with these questions. It might have been possible that he didn't even know. Well, maybe not. Then Lala made a low growl that would probably inspire laughter rather then fear, his hind end raised and tail wiggling around. He growled once again before leaping at the male neck and biting very gently at his ear. Clearly he was just trying to play and his heart really wasn't in trying to hurt him. In fact it was more like he was gumming him to death even though he had teeth.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 am
~Kiana_Nala~

"Well, not so much a leader as a..." Well, a negotiator, but would the little one know the meaning of the word? "Middlelion, I guess. They have their own leader and I talk to her and help her out, in return for her and her tribe to do the same for us. I can tell you what I don't do, though, I don't make you eat your dinner, hm?" He chuckled quietly to himself as he stood and stretched, his limbs popping as he did so.

"No, no mate or cubs, yet. But maybe one day, so I can pass on my knowledge of the baboons." He found himself changing his mind about leaving as the little one let out the beginnings of what would one day be a ferocious growl and pounced him. Though the weight of the cub was hardly anything to bat an eye at, he let the little fellow carry him to the ground and threw his forepaws out as he rolled slightly.

"I'm hit!" He patted gently at Lala with a hefty paw, hardly touching him as he mocked defending himself.  
[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games