Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[PRP]A mother in need. Indeed. (Nya and Jini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am
User Image

Nyasambe was wandering around in her mortal 'form'; which happened to a lioness of the same markings and shall as herself; but without wings. She had been spending a bit of time away from the Navi; taking in the sweet air for freedom. She had spent a bit of time at the amazon pride; becoming their matron goddess. Things were going well. Which she was traveling more, she felt the twinge of a mother in the area; who seemed distressed... at least she hoped that was all. She had lowered herself to the ground and shifted shape; and was now trotting around and searching; without being obvious.

She paused and was sitting along some source of water; taking in a few sips of water.. just for good measure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 am
Her son was gone. Gone with a yellow lion who was grown up. Except in her memory that lion had a cub's face and he had died along with his mother. How could a cub have survived out in the desert alone? It didn't seem possible. Was this some sort of cruel trick? Something her imagination had conjured?

But Tope had seen it too.

She felt sick. She felt like she needed to do something to make it right. But how could she do that unless she went back to that desert and faced up to her crime? Life was filled with such incredible suffering.

-played by Kimmy  

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 am
Nya could feel the tingles of the mother near by; and she lifted her head eagerly. She padded over to fallen tree and climbed upon it; looking around for the female. Perhaps it was a male; sometimes they had the motherly instinct that was so strong that she could feel it and thing it was a female. She lifted herself off her front paws and onto her hind; breathing deep and trying to find the direction. After a moment; she felt the right way to go.

She leapt down off the tree with a flourished jump and began to pad that direction; her shall fluttering in the slight breeze. This was a lovely place. She could see a form ahead of her; and she shook herself to make her look more... disheveled... like a wandering rogue. "Excuse me!" She called, not wanting to surprise this female; whom was giving her the single so strongly that it HAD to be the female. She was a lovely pale coloration; and Nya hoped she could help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 pm
Jini'pomoka straightened at the friendly voice, her heart constricting painfully. What was going on? Who was talking to her of all people? She wasn't worthy of any attention let alone--

Hm, wait. Did she recognise this one? No...she didn't.

She was on her paws a moment later, wincing at a sudden spike of pain in her hip - a defect from being born to a sickly mother - and narrowed her bright eyes suspiciously. "Who are you? You're not a member of the Kusini'mwezi. Unless...unless you are new." She curled a lip. "Very new."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:46 pm
Nya approached the stranger with a rather happy and peppy mood; though not overly. Nya always tried to approach with a positive attitude; without seeming overly happy and insane. She observed the lionesses apparent disability and took mental note; though it wasn't any big deal to her at all. She got close enough and nodded to the lioness. "I am not from this pride..." Was she in a pride? "...traveling... Looking for someone who needs me." She said with a slight shrug; giving the lioness some room to take her in. She was defiantly could feel the vibes from this female; this HAD to be her. She took a formal bow. "I am Nyasambe." She said in greeting; offering the lioness the comfort of seeing her back; a subtle way of showing she meant no harm.

"May I know who you are?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 pm
The soothing turn abated her nerves somewhat and, after a moment, she seated herself cautiously and allowed the fur on her shoulders to smooth down. "Another rogue..." Her son wanting to be a rogue was what had started this mess off in the first place. No. Not exactly true. Her murdering another was what had started this.

"I am Jini'pomoka." And then, after a moment, she added: "Needs you? For what?" What could anyone possibly want with a rogue?

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:53 pm
Nya smiled but didn't want to reveal anything yet. She smiled softly. "Well, I belong to a few prides; but I roam... as is my custom." She said simply; her lilac eyes soft. "And I am glad to meet you Jini'pomoka." She added, giving her a delicate smile and perhaps soon; a friend to confide in. She stood up and shook herself off; sending dust about but fluffing her oddly longish mane. "And I have a small gift... one that when someone requires me; I come... sometimes for guidance or assistance of a bit of rescuing."

She recalled the tan and brown lioness she rescued from a god recently. She felt that this lioness was very comfortable around her; so she would't do anything yet. Not until the lioness seemed ready. "Have you lived here your whole life my dear?" She asked.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 pm
"I don't need help." Jini replied stubbornly. "If that's what you're trying to insinuate." She left the words hang there for a moment, shifting her forepaws against the earth as she tried to judge the odd female before her. Randomly appearing. Kind and sweet to a stranger. Rogue life had clearly affected her mind. Or perhaps belonging to a 'few' prides, had? That wasn't normal, was it?

"Yes." She replied smoothly. That, at least, was an easy question. "Born and raised here. Most of us are. This pride places great strength in family groups." So long as the questions were simply, she was happy to answer, but there was still distrust. Surely the female was up to something?

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 pm
Nya wasn't sure how this was going to go. Should she reveal herself a bit more. She decided to test the waters lightly. "Family groups are important... I usually only dwell on the female half of a family. Specifically mothers..." She said softly, sitting and looking pretty calm about all this. "I come when I feel I am needed.. and I think you need someone to talk too... whom you can trust and confide in..." She paused.

"Have you seen a goddess before Jini'pomoka?" She asked, looking up at her looking so very calm and collected; that she hoped this would be an easy visit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 pm
Jini looked almost frightened at her words. Did the female know her secret? Had she come to blackmail her? Was she good enough to deny it and be believed. "No." She blurted. "You need to go right now." Maybe this was some tenderly-spoken assassin. Jini had always thought that she would die a horrible death to make up for her wrongs, but somehow she thought she'd have some control over when it happened.

"Goddess?" She spluttered. "What are you talking about? You need to go! You're not welcome here and I don't want to speak with you."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm
Nya looked saddened by the lionesses words. She hadn't experienced denial and non acceptance often. She bit her lip and nodded; standing up and knowing it was probably a lost cause. "I sensed you needed someone... but... If you do not want my assistance I understand... " She tossed her mane again and stood and began to step away from the lioness. "I sensed that you were a mother and that you were troubled... As I am connected to all mothers... " She offered, though she would leave it up to the lioness to decide. She kept backing up; slowly letting the space between them grow. "My name is Nyasambe and I am the goddess of mothers. Take it as you will..."

She then turned and began to leave the lionesses presence; headed towards the fallen tree where she had first spotted her. She would then reveal her true self and leave; at least letting the lioness know that she was telling the truth. As she stepped up onto the tree; seemingly in the blink of an eye; her pale peacock wings appeared on her back and she sat there for a moment; before taking off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:46 pm
Jini'pomoka said nothing, though her hard face was softened just a little by the sheen of tears on her eyes. Her heart was pounding from panic and fear, so sure that she'd been caught out. So sure that she'd face judgement and not live to see another day.

She remained silent even as Nyasambe introduced herself and took an involuntary step back. What was wrong with the stranger? Coming here, speaking such ridiculous things. If she was really connected to mothers then her power was clearly broken. Jini'pomoka might have been a mother as a title, but she wasn't in it in spirit and heart. She was a murderer and her children deserved better.

Her pink eyes never left the sight of the other, though, where the wings came into sight and, after a moment, she went aloft.

Jini, mouth gaping, watched in continued silence.

What on earth had just happened?

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:28 pm
Nya flew upwards; hoping that perhaps the sight of a lioness with wings would at least ease the lionesses inner wounds. As she flapped, one single feather fell free from her wings and fluttered down to the ground not far from the fallen tree in which she left.

And she was gone.

Fin

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces