Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:11 pm
She thought everything was going good.

She thought anyway. The pride was going strong, member were getting along their rhythm was loud and even though there was much new blood moving through the pride, everything was peaceful. Not quiet, with the beating drums and chants however peaceful. That is until recently. It was time for the spring rains to come and give life to everything once again. Her daughter was pregnant and although the father was no where to be seen flings were normal in the pride. She was actually very excited to get the chance to have her time with her family and spend time with the members of the pride. That was all flipped upside down, and quickly to add.

The rain started heavy. It came in large amounts, and at first it wasn't a worry that was something that happened around this time of the year. However now the water was much heavier then it normally was, but that wasn't a worry at first, that was until the lake started to flood over, and then that was when it started to worry Mawi, and the other members, and quickly, as if almost over night the water was almost filling the entire lands and even creeping up on the dens. Destroying the drum circle causing the lions to seek refuge in the higher dens, including her own den and she was worried. She didn't know where all of her family was, it was separated during this, and of course during this her daughter gave birth basically making everything more complicated.

The waters had recently receded the rain was stopped and the water was starting to come back undercontrol, however it was still overflowing however the last few days Mawi had been looking around the lands and so had the other members. Everyone was hungry and there wasn't much food to be found. Not only not much food was not to be found, however Neither were some of the members of the pride and this made Mawi panic. This was mostly because the lioness who was... basically the queen, wasn't around. She had no clue where she was and this upset her.

Mawi was in charge now, she was the second in command and although she knew that she could do it it still worried her. Not only was the leader missing however so was one of her son's Kova. That made her very unhappy. Her drum was almost basically destroyed and that added to the pressure, she couldn't play out her sorrows, and she was trying to figure out what she was going to do from here. she didn't know what to do with herself.

For the last two days you could find her in and out of her den trying to talk to the members to get updates, everyone seemed to understand that she was taking over, it was the idea that made sense because the heir was also missing. She was on her own and she was just trying to gather her thoughts before addressing the pride. For now that included sitting in her pride trying to calm herself down. She sighed and paced back and forth as she did, trying to figure out what she was going to do and what was next, she had no idea.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:09 am
If Aapep was worried, he certainly didn't show it. The flood had been unexpected, certainly, and perhaps worse than they had all believed, but to him it was almost an adventure. His days were pleasant enough but monotonous and to have to move home - even temporarily - had been something to liven things up a little. Besides, with Mawi feeling the pressure, he felt like he almost had to be laid-back, as if to help be that stable support she needed right now.

He gave a low rumble as he approached her pacing form and leaned down to bump his head against her in a show of affection.

"You're worrying again?" He teased gently, flopping down onto the ground and stretching out under the dappled sunshine being filtered through leaves. "You shouldn't worry so much, my dear heart, everything will be back to normal again soon. You will see."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:28 am
Mawi Mai flicked her tail around behind her and was surprised as suddenly her mate was in front of her and head butted her. A small smile cracked on her face, she couldn't help it, no matter how antsy she was, upset or even angry, Aapep always managed to make her smile in one way or another. She was surprised at what her mate said, she chuckled a little however you could hear her nervousness in her voice. She paused and flicked her hair out of her eyes and then licked the side of his face. "Yeah, I am."

She then looked out side of the den once again and then turned back toward him sitting down by his side. "I know I shouldn't worry," she started thinking about it as she did. She looked down at ehr paws before speaking once again. "But half of the pride is missing, I have to bring it all back together and we have to start rebuilding. I don't know where to start or what to do." Her ears then pressed against her head, to her this was the most upsetting part. "And my drum is water logged, I've had it since I was little." Even though she had a lot to take on, she was very much upset by that. she couldn't do anything to help calm her down now that her drum was basically useless.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:42 am
"Oh, love." His eyes softened and his tail batted against the ground once. "Everything will be alright. You will see. The others have just been turned around. Perhaps they're off having adventures whilst they have an excuse." He firmly believed that. He couldn't think otherwise because he had to stay positive.

He shifted so that he was pressed against her as she sat beside him and he leaned his head against her. "We'll get things fixed, you just wait and see. Homes can be rebuilt. People can be found again. And, as for your drum." He paused and rubbed his cheek against her fur. "We'll set it out in the sun for it to dry, find a new skin to top it with. It will be just as it once was."

He understood how down she must have been feeling but it was his job to try and bring her out of it. "And remember, heart of mine, I am with you and I am not going anywhere. There is nothing we cannot achieve if we are together."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:58 am
Mawi flicked her tail around behind her, she was in incredibly nervous. Even if he was right what if they didn't come back or what if they were lost? She wasn't that sure of what to think about, not sure at all of what to think about really. She stretched out her legs and then flopped next to her made puling herself closer to him and sighing a little. "Nothing like this has happened to the Nchi like this in a long time, before I was born really. I don't know what to do iwith something like this."She paused once again before flicking her hair out of her eyes. "I don't know, I have no clue what to do during times like this."

She glanced toward her drum and then nodded. "I guess you're right, She then took another moment and paused before speaking again. "Aapep, I'm going to nee your help with this." She sighed before looking out toward the pride. "I'm the next in line for leaders, and I'm going to need some help." She lookted toward him before looking at him. "We're going to have to talk to the pride and gather some help." She pushed herself agianst him, almost burying her head in his mane. "It's a silly question but do you think you can help me?" She asked him curiously hoping that the answer was going to be yes, hoping that she could use his help and they could bring everything together and get this pride rebuilding thing toing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:18 am
"You will know what to do when the time comes. Hardship brings out the best in others. We will pull together and fix what has been broken and, in time, things will return to what they once were. You will see, my love."

He glanced at the drum and gave a low, rumbling purr in response, enjoying their closeness and wishing that somehow, he could take her worries away. "You know I will always help. You do not need to ask. I will be at your side for all eternity." He smiled. "I wouldn't let you carry this burden alone, my love. And neither will the rest of the family. If I know them as well as I think I do, those that are able to will help. You have only to ask them, love."

He leaned against her a little more. "What needs to be done?"

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:39 am
When her mate spoke she paused and then turned toward him. "We will." She repeated, it was mostly for herself but she repeated it. She flicked her tail around behind her and then smiled at the male's purr, sheh was glad that he was much calmer then he was. Although she was still a nervous wreck at the moment she was glad that one of them was calm. So far when she's handled issues with the pride she handled them much better than she was handling herself at the moment. She looked back at him and then nudged him. "I love you Aapep, and I look forward to an eternity."

she then had to think about it, what exactly did they have to do? She knew that there was a lot to do and get out of the way. There was a lot to fix upp and a lot to get back together. "Uhmm." She flicked her tail around behind ehr before pausing and then turning back toward him. "Well, We need to gather everyone and see who is left, gather search parties, gather rebuilding parties. I was going to gather a few members as 'advisers' so I can get some help, we need to start looking for food." She sighed at the idea before thinking about it once again and speaking. "Well, for now though I was thinking that maybe we should get some rest so we can start gathering everyone for a meeting tmorrow."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:52 am
"A meeting would be a good idea, love." He replied. "That way people can volunteer themselves for a duty they feel most fit for. And I will go wherever needed." He assured her with another low purr and nuzzled against her. "Then let's get some rest: you could certainly do with some. I don't think I've seen you settle for more than a few moments these last few days."

He adored her and he hated to see her so stressed.

"Then, at first light, we can summon everyone left and begin to take back our home from the elements."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm
"I was thinking it would be a good idea, i think everyone is going to enjoy it too, hopefully get can get something out of it. She nodded at the idea, she was pretty sure that it was a good idea, she was hoping that she was going to be able to gather everyone and they would enjoy it and help out, she was hoping that she could get everything together and when she could get everyone together she was pretty sure that the pride could star getting back to normal. Or at least as normal as it could get. She was hoping so anyway, she just wanted everything back to semi-normal. She was also hoping that she would soon be able ot see her drum working again soon. "I really haven't settled down lately." She said simply with a chuckle, she couldn't help uit when something like this happened she would keep going and going but at this point she was starting to get tired.

"Thank you my love, I'm glad I have some one elike you helping me out." she smiled a little before setttling down and getting comfortable she was glad that she could take a break right now, and being able to get some sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:23 pm
"There's no need to thank me. It is my job, as your mate and friend, to help whenever I can. I won't stand by when my mate, family and homeland need me." He nuzzled against her and sighed deeply, feeling content and happy despite all that had happened.

Even in bad times, they were together and how could they be so bad when that was the case?

"The pride will work together and these lands will return to what they once were. I know it."

/fin

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas