{I/T}Pride of Gems- Goddess is here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pride Name should be....?
  Manjusha(Hindi for Jewel Box)
  Kailash(Hindi for Crystal)
  Gang'Rinpoche(Tibetan for Precious Jewel of Snows)
  Kohinoor(Persian for Mountain of Light)
  Other!! Post in thread/vote for one in thread
View Results

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:28 am
~Pride of Gems I/T~

So I've had a pride idea rolling around my head for awhile. I'd like to get some input on it, and see if anyone would be interested. The pride won't be able to 'officially' start until I get the goddess.

This pride is based around my Goddess of Gems quest and obviously gems. She would be a rather active deity in their lives. The pride would revolve around the harvesting and crafting of gems. As the Goddess of Gems is not violent, neither would her pride be.

IC Leaders: magnadearel
OOC Leaders:
Cert Background: ???
Cert Symbol: Option 1 by F a y t h - x
Sub Symbols:

Things still to consider:
-Pride name
-Should Houses be called that or Clan, or something else?
- Names for the four Houses(whatever)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:30 am
The Beginnings
She did not know who she was. She did not know where she was. The beautiful goddess stood to her feet for the first time and spread her wings. Eyes opened and took in the world around her. She felt she was of the earth, but something more specific than that. Ah those precious gemstones. The very ones she had growing from her body. She could sense a purpose within herself. A calling to leave this oasis and go out in search; to search out those who would worship her and value the gems as much as she did. She would bring together any with the mark of gems upon them. Lead them to where they could be happy and learn her ways. It was thus the Goddess of Gems came into the world beside a small oasis.

The Goddess found many places; nearly all of them unsuitable for her needs. Some were already occupied, and others didn’t have good water sources or sufficient prey. They were not interested in her ways, so she left them to their ways. Several times she was chased away and had to flee for her life. The search was not easy upon her and the Goddess began to despair that she would ever find the right place. Her feet and wings took her away from the plains to fertile valleys and rising mountains. The places were pleasant, but did not call to her. Further into the mountains she went, and higher until at last she reached the mountain’s opposite flank.

It was here, overlooking a desert far in the distance, that the Goddess discovered caves. They led deep into the belly of the mountain forming a protective warren. Immediately she searched around and found a stream. Following it up the mountain a ways, she discovered a tall waterfall that fed into a deep clear pool which in turn fed the stream. The water was crisp and fresh. Then she looked to see what prey the area held. The lush vegetation supported a thriving community of prey animals that proved tasty upon inspection. Her pride would never go hungry here.

When the Goddess searched the area for the gems that were her trade, she had an unpleasant shock. Nowhere in the caves were any gems. It was stark bare. This made her unhappy for her pride could not master the gems if there were none. The Goddess felt an intuition and followed it. She went deep into the caves until she could go no further. There were no gems here yet, but she would call them. Call them she did…. and they answered. Twelve gems answered her call; settling comfortably into their new surroundings as if they’d always been there. The Goddess smiled and rested.

The location was ready. Alas she had no one to fill the empty caves or to learn the wisdom she had to impart. The Goddess was lonely. It was time for her to start gathering her pride. Now the Goddess of Gems is searching for those willing to make a new start……

The Lands
The pride’s home is situated between Mt. Kenya and Mt. Kilimanjaro along the foot of the mountain ranged facing the Chalha Desert. While they can see the desert, the lands around their home are lush and full of life. Prey and water are plentiful in the mountains they call home. A large stream/small river runs not far from the entrances to their cave homes. Following the stream/river back to its source leads one to a large, deep pool of clean water fed by a tall waterfall.

Inside the caves themselves is a warren of tunnels and smaller caves for individuals and families. All throughout these systems are the Twelve Sacred Gems. Mining of the gemstones, however, is done much deeper as they feel a connection with the gems they live with. All work with the gems is done outside. Higher up the mountain slope is another cave where the Goddess of Gems and her Chosen reside. The entrance leads into a sanctuary where a small alter has been set up near the back to receive offerings and prayers. Two entrances lead off the left wall. One is to the Goddess’ personal chambers, and the other to the small set of caves for the Chosen of Gems.

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:32 am
The Classes
Royalty
Royal 4(4 total)- These are the two pairs of ruling twins. One pair works mainly with the carvers and merchants; the other pair deals with the protection of the pride. There will always be two males and two females. Each twin is in charge of one of the Houses. They may be male/male and female/female twins, OR two pairs of male/female twins. If one of the four dies, they must step down. Must all be the same specie.
Heir(2)- The first set of twins born to one mated pair of the Royal 4. May be same or opposite gender pairs. If no Heirs are forthcoming, a pair of twins of any specie may be appointed and trained.
Consort(2)- A set of twins not related to the royal families betrothed to the Heirs. Must be the same specie as the Heirs.
Prince/Princess(Unlimited)- Offspring of the Royal 4.

Upper Classes
Chosen of Gems(??)- OBTAINABLE VIA RP ONLY. Chosen by Teuta on their Soul Gem Quest and told their second Gem Soul. Their purpose is to serve her before the pride. They deliver important messages from the goddess to the Royal 4.
Advisors(6 total)- Divided into two groups of three, they offer wisdom to the pair of Royal 4 assigned to them.
Elite Guard(10)- Best of the best as determined in The Challenge, charged strictly with the protection of the Royal 4 and Heirs.
Head Crafter(1-2)- Leader(s) of the pride’s crafters. They are directly in charge of the crafters to ensure all work and commissions are completed on time.
Head Seeker(1-2)- Leader(s) of the pride’s seekers. They are directly in charge for sending out the seekers to ensure the crafters have the raw materials to work with.
Head Merchant(1)- Leader(s) of the pride’s merchants. They direct the movements of the merchants to ensure work or commissions gets to where it needs to be.

Lower Classes
Head Guard(1-2)- Leader(s) in charge of the pride’s guard force. They ensure the guards are fit and healthy, and see the pride’s lands are secure.
Head Hunter(1-2)- Leader(s) of the pride’s hunters. They must know the land and prey to ensure the pride is fed and prey is not over hunted in any one area.
Seeker(Unlimited)- Highly valued for their skills at finding and retrieving raw gemstones.
Crafter(Unlimited)- Valued for their skills in creating the works of art the pride sells.
Merchant(Unlimited)- Masters in the art of bargaining, they distribute the pride’s products throughout the lands.
Guard(Unlimited)- Protectors of the pride members and land.
-- Border: These guards focus on keeping the borders of the pride safe.
--Caravan: These guards focus on protecting the traveling merchant caravans.
Cretch Worker(Unlimited)- Minder of the pride’s youth. They give basic lessons and entertainment with stories.
Hunter/Huntress(Unlimited)- DEFAULT RANK! Supplier of food for the pride.
Apprentice(Unlimited)- Adolescents of the pride. They are assigned a master by the Head of the trade they wish to join as adults, and will not be accepted as an adult until completing their Soul Gem Quest.
Youth(Unlimited)- Cubs and juveniles of the pride.
Elder(Unlimited)- The elders of the pride. Their wisdom is great and valued.(Probably wont have any of these until the pride has been around awhile.)

**For any Head position the only time there will be two is if a twin set fills that roll. A twin may not apply for a head position if his/her twin does not apply with them. They both must be in accord.**

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:33 am
Ceremonies
Soul Gem Quest- Right of passage for an Apprentice entering adulthood. The young adult must fast then go out in search of their Stone of Power that speaks to their heart. There is no limit to how many times this can be attempted.
The Challenge- Once a year, the Royal 4 will host a match for the title of Elite Guard; they hold it often to ensure their guards are staying fit and ready. It is open only to adult guards. A tourney style fight designed to find the best the guards have to offer. The top 10 winners will become Elite Guards.
Marriage/Lifemating- The celebrated joining of two individuals. A great feast is held after the sunsets on their joining day and runs all through the night. In the morning the pair leave to wander the pride’s land and spend the day alone.
Divorce- Should a pair prove that they are not a well match they may dissolve their union. When doing so they must spend a night sleeping alone in a separate chamber from all others. They will not be allowed to form another union for three months.
Birthing- Births are highly valued and celebrated. A Chosen will speak to the parents shortly after the birth so that the cubs may be introduced to the pride, the Royal 4, and most importantly the Goddess. The pride then feasts for a day, although the new parents are left alone unless they wish to join.
Rogue Initiation- A rogue wishing to join the pride must go through initiation. S/he must wear a blindfold while navigating down a tunnel into a chamber. On the wall is a sample of gem from the main 12; they must pick one and return within an hour. The gem picked determines their House and Stone of Power.
Teuta’s Blessing- Bring an offering to her temple and a prayer of why you need the Goddess’ blessing. If she feels you are worthy then she may decide to gift you with heightened senses for finding gems, or a sizable piece or raw gemstone. OBTAINED VIA RP ONLY.

Beliefs
Goddess of Gems(Teuta)- While the pride knows there are other gods and goddesses, their devotion is to her. She is the founder of the pride and teacher of gems. A medium sized cave separated from the pride’s main living quarters is her temple. The main room is open and welcoming. A small alter is near the back of the cave for offerings and prayers. A single tunnel on the left side leads deeper into a small warren where her Chosen live; a second tunnel and cave is for her use.
Sacred Twelve- The original twelve gems the Goddess called to fill their home. They are called the ‘major’ gems. Any other gem is referred to as a ‘minor’ gem.
Gem Soul- It is believed that every gemstone has a soul. Every animal has a Gem Soul, known as their Stone of Power, that resonates perfectly with their own. Only the rare Chosen of Gems will have two, and the second may be any major or minor gem.
Stone of Power- Every member of the pride has a gem that represents them and to which they feel a connection. It is always one of the Sacred Twelve.
Zodiac- Based around the Sacred Twelve Gems that the Goddess founded for the pride. The pride believes that a member of the pride resonates with that gem’s soul and thus carries some properties from it. They do know there are many other gems, and work with them when they can obtain them. The Twelve are divided up into four Houses.
Zodiac (Much like the Chinese Zodiac, these are generic and no one is required to follow them at all for personality.)
House ?, ruled by ?
Garnet- creativity, sexuality, attraction, Elements Earth/Fire
Amethyst- protection, purification, divine connection, Element Wind
Aquamarine- cooling, soothing, enhance clear communications, Element Water
House ?, ruled by ?
Diamond- intensity, radiance, sovereignty, Element Storm
Emerald- love, compassion, abundance, Element Water
Alexandrite- joy, wisdom, release of sorrow, Elements Wind/Water
House ?, ruled by ?
Ruby- courage, adventurousness, protectiveness, Element Earth
Peridot- prosperity, warmth, well-being, Element Earth
Sapphire- awareness, discipline, forgiveness, Elements Water/Wind
House ?, ruled by ?
Opal- joy, self-expression, imagination, Element Fire
Topaz- spirituality, psychic gifts, mental clarity, Element Fire
Turquoise – wholeness, communication, spiritual expression, Element Storm

Rules of the Trade
The pride is for the most part self-sufficient. They prefer trade in materials for crafting, and raw, rare gemstones.

Items
The pride in general favors gemstones, either in natural or shaped form. They can be worn however the user wishes, but are most commonly worn in a necklace, earring, tailring.

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 am
Do’s and Don’ts of the Pride- OOC
- The Royal 4 twins must be mated pairs. Any cubs born in a fling outside of their marriage, while accepted in the pride, will be viewed as slightly less than a legitimate cub.
- Flings, hybrids, and same gender pairs are accepted in this pride.
- All coat colors are accepted.
- All species and familiars are accepted.
- A roll of 1d12 will determine the House and Stone of Power for joining rogues and cubs. Owner may request a specific gem by pming the mule(magna for now) with reason and plot.

Pridal Relations
Friends
- Mazunguko(?) (Club Snails)
- Mlima Tuokoa(Quaji)
-
Enemies
- Bhanu'Ecchumati( [ Lady Kiya ] )
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:00 am
This is opened for posting.

magnadearel

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:17 pm
I love the concept! I was thinking that maybe at some point there could be a treaty between them and Mazunguko, since they both live in caves and such.

Also I think that Hiroaki and Amaterasu should be in the pride. xd Maybe not the rulers, unless you think they would be good for the roles.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:26 pm
Club Snails

=D I'm glad you like it. This is really the first rough brainstorming, so any ideas or suggestions just throw them on the table. Can you link me to that pride's forum or IT thread? I want to read up on them.

*Laughs* I was actually going to ask if you'd be alright with them as one of the Royal 4 twins. xd I've kinda had them in mind as I've been working on this.

magnadearel

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 pm
That would be awesome for them to be one of the royal twins. 4laugh
Here is a link to Mazu.

My only real suggestion is to have it be a trading pride and maybe have the pride in a good trading spot.

Another idea that just poped in my head is that maybe you could use jem stones as different clan symbols or something and each clan be in charge of a different task in the pride. They could be put in a clan based on when they are born.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:43 pm
Since Bhanu'Ecchumati is close to Mt. Kilimanjaro, if you ever want conflict/dangers out side of your pride, we could do a type of plot between them. Just an idea for much future rp and what not.  

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:00 pm
Club Snails

[ Lady Kiya ]

@Snails- Hmmm yes traders is a good idea, though where would be a good place for that? They still need to be close enough to gather raw materials. Once they get enough stuff made they could make like a sub pride. Think a fair or carnival where they move around to friendly prides to trade.

What would be acceptable as payment?

I had thought abut that, but then there'd be a big number of symbols. That's why there's a different gem festival each month instead. XD If there was a way to get it down to 3-4 clans I would consider it.

@Kiya- Thank you! I will certainly be looking for interpride plots. It'll depend upon where the pride is finally located. smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:06 pm
I'm working on a leopard colony that lives in (literally in) the mountains right now whose leader is roughly based around Henry the Eighth so I could see the colony, especially the royal family, being frequent clients. <3 They live at the base of a (unnamed) mountain and have merchants the frequently leave to gather things to bring back so if you'd like to work something out, lemme know. c:  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:10 pm
Quaji

Clients always welcomed! heart Lol. I could see where they would set up a twice yearly thing where they come around with new items for trade or something like that.

*Goes to add enemies and friends lists*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:15 pm
Lovely! I'll be sure to mention it in the I/T thread then. <3 If it helps, the name for the colony is going to be Mlima Tuokoa. c:  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 pm
For payment I am thinking goods that aren't easily found in the mountain, such as certain meats or even trade with prides that craft goods. I don't know how much gems would equal what though. :  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff