Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Inquiring Its Validity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilithchained

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:17 pm

Has anyone read "How To: See And Read The Aura" by Ted Andrews? I figured it would be something worth reading, and I was wondering just how much of it those more knowledgeable than myself would consider "true", for a lack of better words.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:44 am

Well, I wouldn't consider myself to be more knowledgeable then your average Joe, and definately not experienced, but I am a strong practitioner of common sense. My advice is this: read anything that you think could be useful to you or that you find interesting... Because even if the book is not considered by many to be very accurate or a good read, it still has information and you can learn from it... It's like they say, knowledge is power, and if you limit yourself to choosing only what the majority of people you talk to think you should choose, then you are limiting your potential to grow... Even if the only thing you get from that book is an improved sense of what is not true, it's still something that will help sharpen your mind and help you pick out the same type of falsehoods later on...

You should give everything a chance and find out what you think about it. Just remember to take everything with a pinch (sometimes a handful or two) of salt. Don't be too quick to believe everything you read, and use your brain and the knowledge you already possess and you should be fine 3nodding Hope that helps; oh, and I've never heard of the book, so I don't know if it's "true". I just don't want you to not read it because someone may say that its crap... Wow, I should've just summed up this whole post with that... Oh well.

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:02 am

Well, I know a little on the sientific end of auras. The aurar is a weak magnetic field that any living thing emits. It's kinda' like your nerves are sending out signles form inside you body. Sometimes the eyes pick it up to be a color. I know my dogs have green aruas ^_^. Saying that an aura's color can depict a persons mood might be true, but that I'm not sure if it is. Though some of the times I tried it, there were different colors on different people.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:01 am

lilithchained
Has anyone read "How To: See And Read The Aura" by Ted Andrews? I figured it would be something worth reading, and I was wondering just how much of it those more knowledgeable than myself would consider "true", for a lack of better words.

The best thing you can do with books is go by your own gut for what's true. wink I know I've read some that came highly recomended by older and more knowledgeable, and it was full of fluff and nonsense. Everyone has a different feel that they're looking for when they're reading, and only you are going to know if the book is right for you or not. I say give it a spin and see how it goes.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:31 pm

If you really want other people's opinions, I'd look at the book's page at Amazon.com. At least, that's where I go to get various second opinions.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:37 pm

Jameta
If you really want other people's opinions, I'd look at the book's page at Amazon.com. At least, that's where I go to get various second opinions.

Thanks for your help!

lilithchained

lilithchained

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:41 pm

Alarias
Well, I wouldn't consider myself to be more knowledgeable then your average Joe, and definately not experienced, but I am a strong practitioner of common sense. My advice is this: read anything that you think could be useful to you or that you find interesting... Because even if the book is not considered by many to be very accurate or a good read, it still has information and you can learn from it... It's like they say, knowledge is power, and if you limit yourself to choosing only what the majority of people you talk to think you should choose, then you are limiting your potential to grow... Even if the only thing you get from that book is an improved sense of what is not true, it's still something that will help sharpen your mind and help you pick out the same type of falsehoods later on...

You should give everything a chance and find out what you think about it. Just remember to take everything with a pinch (sometimes a handful or two) of salt. Don't be too quick to believe everything you read, and use your brain and the knowledge you already possess and you should be fine 3nodding Hope that helps; oh, and I've never heard of the book, so I don't know if it's "true". I just don't want you to not read it because someone may say that its crap... Wow, I should've just summed up this whole post with that... Oh well.

Thank you! I'm generally pretty good at noticing when a book is full of fluff or falsehood, and this one seems pretty factual. When I first began learning about aura's and whatnot I could only feel someone else's aura if it was extremely strong, and sometime's I even caught myself thinking of the person as a certain color. My skills weren't non-existent, but they weren't very strong, either. The exercizes in the book seem to be working, at the least two I've been practicing nightly, so I'm thinking it's probably a decent book to study from. 3nodding
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:07 am

lilithchained
Jameta

Thanks for your help!
No problem- it's what I'm here for. 3nodding

Jameta
Captain

Anima Lux

Fashionable Star

11,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:45 am

I'm in the same boat with you, Lilith. sweatdrop

I'm not sure of which books would be good to read or even would be valid at all. And, sadly to say, I've had to weed through a lot of shite in order to pick up on some otherwise good concepts.

My advice is this:

Read the book. Decide for yourself what is utter tripe and what might contain some truth. Read other books. If other books (which seem more valid) back up the points in the book you read before, then it is definitly something to hold onto.

Use your better judgment, in summary. (:
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff