15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:45 pm
Your players this evening are:

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 pm
"And then I went down! I was sliding head first down the hill and -" Mezlijin was in estatics, his back arched, his eyes wide with adventure, and his paws clinging to the dirt as he relived his tale. Mlinzi on the other hand was not as pleased. He sat there silently, his silver eyes glazed over and layered with an extra application of salve. But Mezlijin knew how he worked. Outwardly he would never show how upset he was on the inside. Tilting his head, and casting a worried expression at the nearly blind lion, he finally spoke. Receiving a small jolt from the male male in response. "I wasn't in any danger you know! I mean - I fell, but I'm fine!" Mezlijin had to bite his tongue quickly to prevent a standard 'See?' From ecaping his lips. He then silently slipped ever closer to his best friend, taking a quick seat next to him. The grass crunching lightly under him as he did so.

Mlinzi's ears perked to attention as he heard the crumbling branches, and he slightly adjusted his lying body to face in the new direction. H ebadly wanted to chuckle, to smile, to do anything to give his friend comfort. But he had none of it in him. He was hurting for his friend, one could possibly go so far as feeling guilty. But Mezlijin merely brushed off the idea, never giving it a second glance. "Yes, you're fine now Mez. But where you fine when it happened?" Mlinzi lowered his head to a lower height, he could feel the younger cubs breath against his mane. He didn't need eyes to read this kids language, he could just listen. Allowing his glossy eyes to stare directly at Mezlijin he awaited his immediate cave in. But it never came.

"Nuh uh Mlinzi! I got right back up and found those herbs! Dru even helped me." Shaking his head intently in denial, Mezlijin tried not to allow his voice to waver. He knew Mlinzi was good at picking up on those things. What with not having his sight, his other senses had become more heightened. It was a weird phenomenon, one of the things Mlinzi had first explained to him when they'd met. For a moment, the leopon began to drift back to that time, but realized his mind was yet again wandering and shook it back to attention. "I bet if you ever met her - s-she'd tell you the same!"

Crap - he'd done it now. That stutter had blown his cover and now all he could do was cringe in disappointment as he awaited his friend's lecture.

With a heavy, heavy sigh Mlinzi adjusted his paws as he lay in awkward silence. This was the part where he would lecture the young cub. Tell him he needed to be more careful, but it never did any good. "Mez, you're lying to me again aren't you?" The question was leading but, he didn't have anywhere for it to go. He already had his answer, and by the feel of his mane the cub was no longer looking right at him. "I'm not your Dad you know. It's not like i'm going to punish you for being bad. You're my best friend." He smiled slightly, nudging the cub in the paw. "I just worry about you. In a best friend way - not an over protective parent way. So don't lie to me. OK?

He was right, but boy was he too ashamed to admit it! It wasn't that he was too proud, it was just embarrassing to admit that he was wrong. Espcially to someone he cared about, and who cared about him in return. "I'm sorry, I just don't like you to worry about me. I think you worry enough for everyone Mlinzi." Skeptically he eyed the older male, knowing he wouldn't know what was actually going on. "Bet you can't combat that Can you?" He wagged his tail happily as he joked with his buddy. The situation was serious, and in no way was he trying to negate that. But what he said had meaning, and there was no reason it couldn't come out.

"That could be true. but isn't it better to have soeone worry about you than noone at all? You're forgetting that some of our pride members aren't as fortunate as you in the family department." He nodded matter of factly. "If I weren't there to worry for them, and make sure their needs are met, do you think they would as strong as they are in the face of such dismal odds?" His smile faded the more he spoke. "It may seem like a big burden for me to fret so much over your well being, but it it merel a habit. You should be grateful for it." Mlinzi smiled a vague smile and again nudged his foot forward at the male. His statement was true, and he knew it to be true. But it wasn't the whole truth. There was far more to it than he would openly admit. Mezlijin constantly put himself in danger, for him. If something were ever to happen to him, he would never forgive himself. It would eat at him, until there was nothing left. The thought left him cold. He had tried countless times to talk the young cub out of his ambitions, but nothing seemed to work. Ever since the two had met, the leopon had stuck to him like glue. Fascinated by every aspect of his life, including the idea of becoming his new eyes. The memory was a fond one, but it also held it's own deal of regret with it.

Mezlijin had never actually thought of it that way. That others had no one left to worry for them. It was just another quality of admiration about Mlinzi. He was a hero of sorts, and he held him in sincere regard. "...I guess that's fair..." He trailed off, thinking of the different lions he gave comfort each day. "In that case, you have a lot on your shoulders don't you?"

"A lot? On MY shoulders? No Mez, there isn't anything on my shoulders." He shrugged his shoulders to emphasize his point. "But I know what you're saying, and there really isn't anything on my shoulders. What I do bring me joy, much like what you do brings you joy." Mlinzi smiled his white shiny shiny and looked up at the sky, his senses tingling with a change in temperature and the new sound sof the jungle. Night was coming, and he had to get Mezlijin home. "NOW! Come on, I can tell it's getting dark - which means it's time to get you home."

Word Count: 1128

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers