Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Xena Guild

Back to Guilds

In a time of ancient gods, warlords, and kings, a land in turmoil cried out for a hero. She was Xena, a mighty princess... 

Tags: Xena, warrior, princess, Gabrielle, Lawless 

Reply The Xena Guild
Do you think Xena was too quick to forgive Gabby? *Spoilers*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Lady_Jade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:15 am
Well, I got Season 3 on DVD and watched it again, and I realized something.

Gabby betrayed Xena worse than her adversaries ever did, and was easily forgiven.

Gabby lied about Hope and unknowingly was responsible for Solan's death, and then two episodes later they're best friends again, traveling together. Doesn't quite add up to me.

Also, is it just me or was Gabby a hypocrite? She killed the priestess Meridian, acted like a brat over Xena going to China without her, judged Crassus and had him killed as a result and STILL kept preaching to Xena about not killing and judging.

I still adore the show, but now that I'm a little older I'm starting to see things a little differently.

I now see why Gabby was always called an "irritating little blonde". lol  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:55 am
I disagree. For one, Xena is an adult in this, and Gabrielle is still nearly a child.
Gabby had never been a mother before and was barely a wife-
I think Xena understood what it was like to be a mother for the first time,
and she understand Gabby's naivety to the real world. It was the same for Xena.
If Xena was never forgiven for her past she never would have grown to be the
heroine she is now.

Saint Lucile

Charitable Astronomer

14,725 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100

DysFUNKtional Duck
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:00 pm
Child of Horus
I disagree. For one, Xena is an adult in this, and Gabrielle is still nearly a child.
Gabby had never been a mother before and was barely a wife-
I think Xena understood what it was like to be a mother for the first time,
and she understand Gabby's naivety to the real world. It was the same for Xena.
If Xena was never forgiven for her past she never would have grown to be the
heroine she is now.
Very true. 3nodding

Also, simply put, that's love. : P  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:24 pm
Yah, I know she was kind of awful, but she wasn't hurting Xena on purpose (not like Ares), and she did eventually learn from her mistakes and became a better gurlfrand, especially when Xena got pregnant again.  

FluffyWuffieBunny
Vice Captain

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200

Trusty Shamrock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:26 pm
dat time she got xena arrested in chin she did it on purpose ninja so ninja hows ninja that ninja for ninja yur ninja subtaxt ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:35 pm
BUT she didn't think it'd almost get Xena killed, she was just kind of delusional and stupid, not malicious.  

FluffyWuffieBunny
Vice Captain

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200

Trusty Shamrock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:45 pm
mighta been those stupid bangs gettin to her head. ninja HAH they were already on her head. sofunny rofl

i was watchin eve tho and xena kinda wimped out on killin livia ninja and hope just killed solan. livia killed joxer. oh. woops. spoilers. sorry. SORRY EVERYBODY. sorry ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 pm
Well.. I mean.. Joxer was old when he died, his children grew up, and he couldn't adventure that well anymore. Plus he LOOKED like his heart would've failed him any ol day. Solan was a kid who's dreams to start his very first adventures with Xena were cut short by a tragically untimely death, without even knowing that Xena was his mother.
That's sadder.  

FluffyWuffieBunny
Vice Captain

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200

Trusty Shamrock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:12 pm
but joxers been around since FOREVER! eek he was their other soul mate and junk! and... well yeah he probably woulda had a gastrointestinal death in a few episodes anyway ninja but livia killed him before he could have that graceful end! gonk and xena knew joxer more then solan! even tho solan was her child and blah blah all that drama.

also they coulda probably found a way to make joxer young again! like they find another wad of ambrosia lyin around or whutever ninja then i wouldnta had to deal with all the cryin/screamin at the tv and you wouldnt hafta deal with virgil taggin along so much  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 am
In any case, I'd say that Xena herself knew of unforgivable sins which she herself committed back when she was the former Conqueror of Nations. sweatdrop In the episode, "Forgiven", that could explain Xena's amused toyings with Gabrielle when she tried to forgive Tara, who reminded her of herself back as a kid-- reckless and set out to see the world. 3nodding Gabrielle certainly had her work cut out for her in getting back to Xena's good side. whee

Overall, though, I'd say Solan's death was kind of like Marcus'-- a death where Xena would most probably get to see them again. xp And so with that in mind, her loved ones already dead, Xena realizes that if she doesn't forgive Gabrielle, and they keep traveling together, it's gonna get rough. neutral And so. . . forgive. . . but never forget. heart  

PeachLick79

Interesting Gaian

4,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
The Xena Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items