Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 am
User Image

Anyone got tips for water, and general shading from behind?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:40 am
Nice water. I like the colors.

Are you going for lighting from the sun and a second source or just from the sun itself?

If it's the latter, you should darken the front and remove all the lighted areas like in the abs and stuff, and go more into darker shading. The outer edge should be lighted to show that the sun is hitting him from the back.  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:31 am
DrunkenStyle

Are you going for lighting from the sun and a second source or just from the sun itself?

If it's the latter, you should darken the front and remove all the lighted areas like in the abs and stuff, and go more into darker shading. The outer edge should be lighted to show that the sun is hitting him from the back.

With the outer edge lighted, do you mean thinning the line art or making that a lighter colour overall?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:06 am
Cleocatra Osiris
DrunkenStyle

With the outer edge lighted, do you mean thinning the line art or making that a lighter colour overall?

Oh, I meant with your shading. Since I see you already have the reflection from the sun off his arm and back, that's what I meant. I meant you should shade darker the more you go towards the center of his body :3  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

The Hallway (Picture Post)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces