Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Death Hunter | Harland Belle [Accepted]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:33 am
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

User Image
The Hunter
Name: Harland Leander Belle
Nicknames: I'm sure these will generate themselves, given his last name >>

Category: Death. What can he say? He likes to get what he wants, and he enjoys going out to get it. In this case, info! >>

The Weapon
Name: Coyote
Nicknames: "You b*****d," according to Harland.
Type of Weapon: [[Gauntlet-Hybrid]] A thick cable edged in razor wire, unleashed from a metal gauntlet Hookshot-style. Multi-purpose. ref sheet, comic
Former species of weapon: Kishi

Personalities:
Harland Belle's Fantastical Personalty

xxPOS + TRAITS
xxxxxLet's Keep This Civil, Or Take It Outside, Boys; Harland is big on manners, and he's big on working things out. He doesn't particularly enjoy a dispute which ends poorly, and he will avoid interpersonal conflict if possible, making him a fairly effective team-member. Harland will, even with most "enemies," try to maintain at least basic civility, even if that's just a Would you kindly get the hell out of our lives now and again. Should he find himself in a situation which cannot be talked through or negotiated, Harland maintains polite vocabulary and sentence structure, but he doesn't necessarily continue to act the gentleman. His determination to try to be polite, however, stems from his desire to create a positive environment for anyone around him, and it can be considered an asset that he's more or less pleasant to be around, even when he doesn't necessarily like someone personally.

xxxxxJust the facts, thank you kindly! I've got you covered. ; Harland is a wealth of information and his memory works like a steel trap: once something is in there, it probably won't escape any time soon. If you need information anything memorized, or stored in general, Harland can do that for you, no problem. He becomes kind of a walking encyclopedia, except he doesn't always understand what he knows. It gives rise to an occasional wtf moment as Harland might use vocabulary in a completely inappropriate way, just because he thinks that it can be applied in a certain place... when it really can't be. His wealth of information lets him remember personal details, like birthdays, names, faces... all the things one might commonly forget, Harland files away for future reference. Maybe at some point he'll have to delete them, so to speak, but for now it makes him seem pretty sweet when his knack for details is coupled with his love of manners. He loves to be loved, and he loves to sweet talk, so remembering all the little things counts for Harland.

xxNEUTRAL o TRAIT
xxxxxIt's out there somewhere, I just know it...!; Harland Leander Belle does not give up easily, for better or worse. He seizes onto anything that catches his eye; he is simply not one to let go. It can be a positive thing, if his endeavour may be fruitful, but it can also mean he sinks a lot of hours into an activity, relationship or goal that would never have panned out from the start. His persistence can keep him going even in the roughest situations, but it can also give him tunnel-vision and a sense that he can't admit defeat no matter what, even if he'd be better off cutting his losses.

xxNEG - TRAITS
xxxxxSo, let me see if I've got this down straight...; Followed by Harland either counting on his fingers or staring upwards in perplexity and chewing on his lip. In a gun fight he'd probably be the one slow to draw: when he's focused, or when he's relaxing, Harland's brain is just a little further away from the starting point than anyone else's might be. It can be kind of infuriating, because when you need Harland to think fast, he just might not be able; it applies mostly when he has to change from one subject to another really quickly, or when attempting to correct Harland's misinformation. Basically, if you're trying to tell him that something he knows is wrong, he will take an abnormally long time to register it. Although his memory is like a steel trap, he also gathers a lot of information, and his tricks for remembering it can be a little weird sometimes. Apart from how he processes what he remembers, this trait bleeds over into daily necessities like being on time; even though he does try, because it's impolite to keep someone waiting, sometimes he just doesn't move fast enough to get somewhere on time. Basically, you can teach this dog new tricks, but it doesn't mean he'll know when to use them, or how. Memorization is his strong suit, not processing. It can be infuriating for others, and frustrating for Harland himself, because he can't maintain his positive environment if everyone is livid that he's taking his sweet time; Harland will quickly become ill-tempered and cranky if he's stuck in an environment devoid of manners, structure and harmony and this trait is one very easy way to get there.
xxxxxI'll save y'all; His hero complex is by no means a good thing. Harland Belle acts as though he's right out of some kind of novel, when it comes down to a crunch, and he can significantly fail to see the 'bigger picture' when he's misled by someone he thinks needs to be "saved." You know those scenes in movies where the hero lets a misguided "villain" get away because they think that the villain meant well or that they can really change this time? That's Harland. No matter how many facts he can gather, they're when he lets himself misinterpret those "facts" and caves to his inner desire to be a hero. If he thinks he can save someone, he will probably never do the "right thing," making him dangerous on a team if he can't be trusted to be loyal. He'll hold himself to these standards, and always aim to be a hero, too; he can refuse to bail out of dangerous situations, causing more harm than good, when this trait is coupled with his neutral trait. He wants to be a hero so that he can be looked up to and loved, but his fixation on it clouds his judgement and can leave him in some terrible situations: if he finds someone who needs to be 'fixed,' in his eyes, he might taken them on as a project. Not acceptable for a science fair, Harland! He will never understand the notion of a 'lost cause,' nor will he get the concept of 'leave me alone, stalker,' because in his mind he's not doing anything wrong. He's just trying to save them. And to him, for whatever reason, they needed to be 'saved.'

Coyote's Basics

xxxxxA better smooth-talker than Harland himself, Coyote was once a deceptive creature who devoured women who were tricked by his facade. As a result, Coyote is somewhat of a womanizer, as much as a golden lasso can be. While Harland is normally quite polite anyway, Coyote sometimes refuses to help him out if he thinks Harland is being too impolite.He really hates how slow Harland can be, but loves dashing into action, so Coyote constantly encourages Harland to get a move on. However, Coyote also urges Harland to bow out early, because he equally doesn't like it when the odds aren't in his favour; he's very much an opportunist at heart.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
xxxxxWhen Harland was a little boy, he really loved swimming. He loved it so much that when they said that there was absolutely no way that anyone was brave enough to swim out to the depths of the lake, and he said that he would. Forget everyone else! Harland was an impetuous seven year old and nothing was stopping him.
xxxxxHe was a pretty strong swimmer, actually, and nothing did stop him. The problem was that after he swam, the weather got quite bad, and because he was a little boy, he didn't really take care of himself. As a result, he got very sick, very fast; his parents didn't realize until too late how very sick he was. By the time they brought him to the hospital, he was dying from dehydration and pneumonia coupled together. On the brink of death, the doctors were essentially advising them that their son would not make it through.
xxxxxThat was about when Harland Leander Belle started to see and hear things he shouldn't. He should have been afraid, or cautious, or something-- but he wasn't. At first, they thought it was delirium brought on by the edges of death. When it didn't fade, his parents started to worry. Harland did not worry. Instead, he was pretty excited, and the typically not-bookish Harland took to the library with passion once he was well enough (he did, in fact, recover; just in time, with a few health side effects). From that moment on, Harland was determined to find out just what it was he swore lived under his bed, or where the voices were coming from, and why he was seeing these things. After being sent away to and subsequently nearly graduating from a boarding school for troubled teens, Harland dropped off the map and started his own Paranormal Private Investigation initiative.
xxxxxIt didn't exactly take off; Harland mostly solved petty problems, with small clues now and again leading to the world he could now see (even if he wished he didn't). He barely paid the bills, and was more or less struggling just to stay sane in a world that didn't seem to show him the same courtesies he showed it.
xxxxxEnter Deus Ex; a way out for Harland, who was becoming a little too jaded with the Paranormal Investigation Scene. Time to put his skills to good use.

Weapon Ability
[[Hidden Teeth]] | Tainted Fang | The lasso's surface warps, producing metal thorns that tear at the captive's skin and cause damage over time depending on how long it takes the opponent to free themselves.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Gunmetal green.
Hair Colour/Style: This can definitely be up to the artist. Right now it's a kind of rosy brown with sunny streaks. I'm not too picky.
Skin Colour: Tanned with freckles.
Clothing Style/Colours: I'd really like his "scarf" to be incorporated as a bandanna, if that can slide > A>; Otherwise, he's cowboy-based!... So cowboy boots and jeans, or chaps of some kind e ue ... Etc. Red cowboy boots are preferred, preferably with some kind of embroidery, no matter how simple! Spurs would be nice, too.
Extra: A red ring on one hand, potentially..! And definitely his leather gloves, however they're designed, since he'll be handling that gold whip as his weapon.
References: In the post here and the one below it! I'm flexible on his appearance, however.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:10 am
Extras

User Image User Image

Thanks to Quiftan for the lovely half-body of Harland!  

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 am
/rolls in on a tumbleweed

Crit fairy woooshhhh

Personality: A LOT of his personality is centered around him being well, a death hunter that gets information. What I'd recommend is on a doc of w/e remove EVERYTHING that involves facts and his information stuff. Just drop it all and look at what you're left with. Ideally, you're still left with a whole basic profile. Try to focus less on how information and facts process into him so much as how on the very basic level, he interacts with other people. When one trait overpowers a personality, it makes it hard to see anything past it. I can TELL he has traits under there, but they're kinda so stuck w/ everything else they come off as weaker than I think they really are.

Everything else looks good~ Not sure with lasso tho, so maybe run it by zoo. Weapons have to primarily cause damage rather than catch.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 am
iStoleYurVamps
/rolls in on a tumbleweed

Crit fairy woooshhhh

Personality: A LOT of his personality is centered around him being well, a death hunter that gets information. What I'd recommend is on a doc of w/e remove EVERYTHING that involves facts and his information stuff. Just drop it all and look at what you're left with. Ideally, you're still left with a whole basic profile. Try to focus less on how information and facts process into him so much as how on the very basic level, he interacts with other people. When one trait overpowers a personality, it makes it hard to see anything past it. I can TELL he has traits under there, but they're kinda so stuck w/ everything else they come off as weaker than I think they really are.

Everything else looks good~ Not sure with lasso tho, so maybe run it by zoo. Weapons have to primarily cause damage rather than catch.

Thank you Vamps! I've cut out most of the getting information bits; there are some traits which still involve info, like having his photographic memory, but I tried to show how they affect his normal life, and cut out most of the info-gathering-centric themes. Maybe it looks better now? :D I hope so xD; If not I'll try to rework them again! You're right that he looked buried under that one facet of his personality, though OTL AND YET IT SEEMED SO RIGHT AT THE TIME lol ty brain.

Thanks! And okay, I'll ask her; perhaps if he wields it mainly as an improv whip of sorts, instead of as a lasso, that would be better, do you think?

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 am
Getting~  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 am
Edited his weapon info to reflect the gauntlet-hybrid thing...! Oh, and I also realized his timeline in the backstory made no sense, so... tweaked that a tiny bit to explain his age.  

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:29 am
Hi I love you I want all the plots pls and ty  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:39 pm
//Deus Ex Machina Entry Form 06. 13 .13

//Name: Harland Leander Belle
//Gender: Male
// Entry level: Trainee
//Status: Sleeping Beauty
//Clearance: Approved for entry

Face your demons
Sorry this took so long! I wasn't aware that he was ready for a second look 'til now.

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers