Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Favourite cosplayer profile website

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm
There are sooo many cosplayer profile websites and I was thinking of joining one other than cosplay.com, but I don't know which one to choose! My friend has a cosplay cure (or something like that) account and he really likes it, but I don't know which one is the most popular or best.

Which cosplayer profile website do you like the best and why? I'm genuinely curious, I'm not trying to get advertisements.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:33 pm
Honestly, I prefer to use deviantART. Mostly because my circle/clique of cosplay friends use it the most, but it's not bad for keeping all my cosplay photos organized in a portfolio fashion.
I do like cosplay.com's forums though, they are really helpful.  

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:12 pm
One I know of here in the states is AC(American Cosplay)Paradise, you might want to try there  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:47 pm
I already use DA. wink I was just looking for another website.

Hmm... I could join that one... but I don't live in the states. ;3 I might be joining under false pretenses. Lol.

Edit: Maybe I'll make a profile on ALL the websites. Bwahaha. I'll take over everything. cat_wink

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Spicy Waifu

Precious Reindeer

10,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 am
coscom is really nice, but I love dA more. It's easier for me to search up images of cosplayers and I've found so many awesome cosplayers just by randomly searching up on there.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:56 pm
The Lone Wolf Jedi
One I know of here in the states is AC(American Cosplay)Paradise, you might want to try there

I agree, acparadise.com is a site to definately check out. It was the first one that I joined. When you post a Cosplay outfit on your profile page on the site you can add a lot of info to it. The acparadise staff evaluate the costume that you want to post on your page before it's put on your page. I like that feature because it lets me know that the people running the site approve of your Cosplay outfit when it gets posted. Great for beginners like myself who want to know what experienced cosplayers in the field think of your Cosplay outfit. Even if they don't add a comment, just allowing you to add a Cosplay outfit to their site is an honor. Also you can add it to their convention page where other members can check out who is going to a certain con. Best of all I met a few other Cosplayers on the site who have become friends of mine.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:55 am
smithers456
The Lone Wolf Jedi

I agree, acparadise.com is a site to definately check out. It was the first one that I joined. When you post a Cosplay outfit on your profile page on the site you can add a lot of info to it. The acparadise staff evaluate the costume that you want to post on your page before it's put on your page. I like that feature because it lets me know that the people running the site approve of your Cosplay outfit when it gets posted. Great for beginners like myself who want to know what experienced cosplayers in the field think of your Cosplay outfit. Even if they don't add a comment, just allowing you to add a Cosplay outfit to their site is an honor. Also you can add it to their convention page where other members can check out who is going to a certain con. Best of all I met a few other Cosplayers on the site who have become friends of mine.

Hmm... That actually sounds really fantastic. I think I'll give that a shot. Thank you for such a detailed review~  
Miscellaneous Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games