Welcome to Gaia! ::

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night

Back to Guilds

Discuss books, poetry and the craft of writing 

Tags: reading, writing, writers, poetry, books 

Reply Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?
Contests

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:48 pm
Do people submit their works to contests or enter things like NaNoWriMo?
If so- what contests?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 pm
NaNo isn't really a contest. Or really a thing you enter. It's more a thing you take part in.

I went in for a short story competition once. Didn't get anywhere with it. They always pick the most dull stories to win. talk2hand  

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

oOGarrettOo
Crew

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:18 am
I should enter more contests, but I don't. It's kinda like what San says. The dullest stories win, and some of them aren't even writen very well =/

I think a lot of things are already predetermined. There were writing things I did within the school district here when I was younger. The winners were always from the same school and most of the time the stories or poems were s**t.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:26 pm
I wonder if that would be a good thread to make. A "contests" thread, where we can list different things and such, give people something to look into. I don't know where to get that stuff, but I'm sure I could find out.

Same for "Lit. Calls". I don't run across those very often, either, but it would still be cool to post them when I do happen upon them.  

oOGarrettOo
Crew

Greedy Conversationalist

Thorns and Spices
Captain

Familiar Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:59 am
Oh, I have something like that, regarding submitting to magazines. I should dig it out some time and post it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:07 am
*shrugs* I just thought it might be nice for the more serious writers we might have here who just don't know where to start.

Because, I mean, neither do we, but we're a little more ahead than the others xd  

oOGarrettOo
Crew

Greedy Conversationalist

Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas