Reply Adult Furries Guild
Think I might be a furry..?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miko-san930

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:17 pm
I am not sure if I am or not. I love the idea of being part animal just for dress up but I have never been socially awkward and all. I love pictures being taken of me but I still like the idea getting dressed in a costume, one that still shows my face and is really like cute and grown up if you know what I mean. But yeah is the just cosplay or that me being furry?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:46 pm
I find offence in your remark. Being furry does not mean that all of us are socially akward. That is a ver bad sterio type that is highly inacurate. To answer your question, no, that alone does not make you a furry. being furry is a multitude of things as well as very little. Only you can decide whether or not you are a furry.  

RealLiveDragon

Devoted Phantom

10,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

The Furry Fuzzball

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:16 pm
I Truly Think You Do Not Understand. For "Dressing Up" Is Not What Being A Furry Is About. Not Is Being Socially Awkward...
sad  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 pm
Yes, you are.

Embrace it. Make/buy a fursuit and be happy.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:33 pm
Erik! >:V

Anyway, um, yeah, the best definition of furry has been something like "expressed interest in animal-related anthropomorphic art". Dressing up is an optional secondary trait that is simultaneously within and beyond the scope of furry.

In mathematical terms, it's a Venn Diagram where one circle is furry and one circle is cosplay. They may overlap but they are two separate entities.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 pm
For some people, dressing up as a furry is being a furry.

It is different for each person; but in most cases it is:

"A whole bunch of people who have a similar interest in the artwork, fursuiting (dressing up), animals..."

And although it is a stereotype, a good many furries are socially awkward--so I guess it is a reality? ^.^

You can be a neko and still be a furry. you can be a neko and not be a furry. It doesn't have to be any more or less than that :3  

Rainey_angel81

Imaginary Fox

Aged Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:38 am
It honestly doesn't matter if you're a furry or not- like what you like. If you find you end up liking more anthropomorpic stuff, then you can be a furry and people will probably say you are one. But it doesn't mean you have to have any more traits associated with "furry".
Its not like all furries like or share interests with all other furries. Its just an interest type, like liking anime. Many people overlap into other groups of likes.  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games