Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Member Census Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you active?
  Yes, but not in this guild.
  I lurk, but I don't post.
  I would post, but I don't have anything to say.
  I would post, but none of the threads are relevant to me.
  I post occasionally.
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:20 pm
Hey guys, just wanted to get an idea of who's around. Could you please post if you're at least semi-active on Gaia, so we know? We're not removing any members, we'd just like to know.

Also specifically if you visit this guild on a semi-regular basis.

If you read things posted in the guild but don't post yourself, is there something we can do to make the guild a place where you'd feel more comfortable posting?

To everyone... Are there topics in particular you'd like to see more discussed, or to which you would like to contribute?

Though we try to keep the guild active, it is hard to know what to say when there are quite a few older topics we would feel silly repeating. So, if you have something to say on anything in the main forum, feel free to go back in time and bump them up with your own response. It's fine to get old discussions started again if you have something to contribute biggrin Also feel free to start your own threads.

Any feedback you have would be helpful.

We're also thinking of starting a Neo-Pagan witchcraft-oriented book club. Who would be interested in joining that sort of thing? We would read one book a month, or something like that. Let us know if that's the sort of thing you would be interested in taking part in.

EDIT 15/8

It's good to see some names I haven't seen much around here before smile

For those who aren't posting because they feel like they don't really know enough to comment or because they are nervous or shy, is there anything we can do to make your experience here more comfortable? Your perspective is just as valuable as anyone's, and we'd love to hear your thoughts in more threads.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:03 am
Unless I am out of town or sick, I try to check the guild forums every day. I post sometimes, when I have thoughts about something that has been posted recently.

I'm really enjoying the rune workshop currently! I think a book club would be neat, although I am not sure I would be able to commit to participating (the reading wouldn't be the problem, but getting the book might as I don't always have money and our library is abysmal)  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:03 am
Well you know I'm always around, and I do try to post as much as I can.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:06 am
kyndryana3
Unless I am out of town or sick, I try to check the guild forums every day. I post sometimes, when I have thoughts about something that has been posted recently.

I'm really enjoying the rune workshop currently! I think a book club would be neat, although I am not sure I would be able to commit to participating (the reading wouldn't be the problem, but getting the book might as I don't always have money and our library is abysmal)

Yeah, I can understand that. I think we'd be reading mostly books people found it easy to get (or already had), at least at first. There's also the Inter-library loan system, which you would have to ask your librarians about.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:52 am
I think the book club thing would be a great idea. I would try to participate when I can.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:35 pm
School and work have kept me busy the last few months, but I try to check up on the guild regularly. Speaking of the rune workshop, next week is the end of the semester so I'm really busy with final projects so I won't be able to join until after next week.  

Talesofbiro

Andre_Yates

Gracious Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 pm
Now that I have the incentive to actually say something... Because its actually Yami saying what Zane wants to say but won't. Oh and don't worry. Zane knows I'm doing this. He was reading over my shoulder.

I'd post but I wouldn't know exactly what to say. I'm more interested in Greek mythology and topics relating to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:13 pm
i'm still around, lurking and posting if i have a question or anything to contribute. i just started a new job and am trying to get moved pretty soon, so i've been a bit busier than i used to be. i try to get on at least once or twice a week. heart  

whiporwill-o

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 pm
I'm on occasionally. It's a bit weird to have internet again after not having it for almost 2 years.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:22 am
I'm mainly a lurker because by the time I read through an interesting topic someone else has usually said what I would. If I then repeat them I'm not really contributing to the conversation sweatdrop So I lurk and when I actually have something to add I do, but if it's already been said or I'm not all that informed on the topic I just sit back and enjoy the conversation for what it is.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:20 am
15 votes from over 500 members is super discouraging. emotion_8c  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:44 am
But how many of them still actually log on?  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:39 am
If we're taking Gaia's general activity as an indicator, probably 20% if not fewer.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 am
I try to be here often but real life often gets in the way. But I am making a bigger effort to post here more often.  

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm
I'm almost always lurking but, on occasion, I'll drop in and post a response or two.
For the most part, I'm learning, thus nothing to actually contribute. I take in all of the information I read here and wait for a discussion to come around in which I could use it in. :p  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games