Submit

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:30 pm
This story is about a boy named Cody, he is a normal kind, caring, friendly boy but their is an issue, Cody has to be cared for because he is blind. Cody was only 13 when he and his father were in an accident. His father was killed and shards of glass had hit Cody's eyes, causing him to go blind. He has been that way for years now and his mother had taken care of him and he rarely goes outside his home unless his mother takes him out because he can't see. If you give him food, he can eat it as if he could see because he has learned to. His mother had to move him to a new hometown one day because she had a new job but it was now that with her job, she had to leave that town for days which she couldn't leave Cody alone. she put an add out saying.
To anyone that is kind, caring, friendly and has skills in watching others, will pay good money to care for my son.

_____ saw this ad and thought about how she could use some extra money with her job that had it to where she could have a long vacation from. She goes to the home but having expected a young child, she is greeted with the 18 year old boy but how will she respond to him being blind?

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Name:
Cody Sokai
Personality:
Kind, Caring, Friendly, Gentle, Trusting, Loyal
Eye Color:
Dull blue, irises ruined
Hair Color:
See image
Bio:
Above
Appearance:
User Image
Other:
He is blind but due to him having gotten use to his home, he knows how to walk around easily without assistance.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:24 pm
Name: Senka Adalsteinn
Personality: Loud, energetic, flirty, bossy, and utterly hedonistic. Just your average teenage girl who wants to spice life up a little. She'll jump at every chance to get to know new people, will be loud and bossy at times but ultimately wants to find love, and a more stable person who she can depend on.
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black
Bio: Senka had a somewhat normal childhood, always dreaming of greater things but never achieving. She was always fascinated by those who could stand out from the nameless, faceless masses of society, and loved them for their distinguishing features.
Appearance: User Image
Other: ~

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz

Cody was laying in bed but he woke up hearing his alarm, he turned it off easily as he knew where it was and because he was use to where it was. He then got out of bed and walked to his dresser, his mother had to put his clothes away but he had the same kind of shirt, just in different colors. He found his clothes but then soon enough he got dressed. Today was the day his mother was leaving and that he would need someone to watch him for the next couple of days. It was about 8:41 in the morning and while Cody was eating breakfast, he could hear his mother pacing, "Where is Senka... my flight leaves at 9:30..." She said to herself waiting for Senka to arrive.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:36 pm
User Image
[[ Downtown traffic was a b***h. Cars honking, screams and a blur of rude gestures from irate drivers, muttered curses and wailing babies were just a few of the things that haunted Senka every weekday morning. She would have travelled to her new workplace herself, had she known how to get there by bicycle. More likely she'd be run over by a flood of vehicles in the process.
The cab turned a corner, barely missing a flash of shiny car door as the brakes screeched. From there on, though, it was a lot better. Senka could tell they were entering a part of town that was very different from what she was normally used to.
Acting demure and well-behaved had never been her forte, but Senka figured that the little boy could use some cheering up, seeing as he was blind and all. As she paid for the ride, the building before her suddenly loomed, immense and foreboding. What had she gotten herself into?
Senka pondered this as she announced her arrival with three loud knocks. ]]

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz

(Sorry, too lazy to decorate my post... sorry... and a bit dark don't you think >w< he lives in a subdivision >w<)
Cody's mother continued to pace but not long after 8:46, she heard the three knocks and rushed to the door, "Hello, you must be Senko... please come in." She said as she stepped to the side, allowing her to walk inside. Cody heard the knocks and got up, before walking to the foyer, looking in the direction of the door, but began to wonder who this Senko was, was she nice, or was she going to be a girl that would be better watching a wall.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 pm
User Image
[[ The woman - presumably Cody's mother, appeared flustered and hurried. To late, Senka realised that her barely-on-time arrival had contributed to this, and tried to look suitably apologetic, giving a small nod as she was ushered into the house.
A figure flickered at the edge of her vision, a spectre listening in on their conversation. It almost surprised Senka, how normal this boy - no, young man looked. She'd almost expected a weakness, a slight figure that would match his disability.
Looking closer, she caught a glimpse of dull eyes, and in contrast, a glowing fierceness behind the mask of a face. Strong hands, steady movements. A contradiction.
"Hi there, Cody. I'm Senka, it's great to finally meet you!" ]]

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:16 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz

Cody looked in Senka's direction but Cody's mother walked over and hugged him, "Please be careful, you can explain to her what to do... I have to leave. See you in a few days." She promised but then left, leaving in her car to the airport. Cody walked to the door and closed it behind his mother but then looked in Senka's direction hearing her breathing, "Its nice to meet you Senka." he said kindly to her, "Please know that just because I am blind, I don't want to be thought as helpless." He said thinking that he didn't want to have her worry about him since he knew where most things were unless someone moved something out of its place.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 am
User Image
[[ There was a quiet confidence from this well-mannered boy, which put him far apart from his hasty, flustered mother. With one look at her son and the girl she'd just met, Cody's mother departed with a squealing report. The heavy door slammed, sending reverberations throughout the house. And then it was just the two of them.
The couch looked plenty comfy. Senka plopped down, exhaling in the long breath of confusion and relief. Confusion, because she herself had no inkling of an idea of how to handle the current situation, relief because she liked the boy more than his mother.
It seemed almost natural as he turned to face her straight on, so much that Senka almost forgot that he was blind. Then she noticed his movements, careful. Precise. Nothing wasted, each step and shudder meaningful, sending and receiving, communicating with the thrumming air about him.
"What kind of scum would think that? You look plenty capable to me," countered the girl. ]]

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am
PoppiHollaPuddelz

Cody heard his mother leave, he sighed, thinking that his mother had worried about him too much but he then heard that Senka walked in and sat down on the couch. He walked over and sat in his favorite chair but thought about it as he blinked, "Well... I guess I did... you see, I can easily walk around the house, wash myself, change my clothes and everything like that... but I can't cook or clean because I can't see if the food is cooking right, if it looks old and moldy and my mother won't let me use a knife sharper then a butter knife to cut food with and honestly, I don't trust myself that well either." He said explaining himself to her, "I have spent the last couple of years learning the layout of the house, just so that I can walk around on my own without falling or anything like that... but I can't go outside without help." he explained to her softly.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am
User Image
[[ "You look pooped."
Senka noted this aloud, with a hint of curiousity.
"Why do you look pooped?"
The next musing followed on naturally, questions and unspoken feelings dancing on her lips and fluttering in between, bridging the invisible gap in between them. For her, this would have been nice - the whole weekend to herself in a place she could call her own.
"Honestly, though. Tell me what its like, to be you. The ones that were born this way - they've never lost any joy over colours, shapes, sight. But you can learn too, I'm sure."
Almost as if to prove her point, Senka flipped her headphones up around her neck and powered up her music player, watching the screen flash with an array of colours. Without hesitation, she took the boy's hand and put it on the headphones, intertwined like a necklace to feel the thumping bass. ]]

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 am
PoppiHollaPuddelz

Cody heard what she said, hearing that she seemed to be thinking about him but he just shook his head, starting to think about how she trying talking like that but when she put his hands on her headphones, he could feel the thumping bass but he thought about how she had said it, he gently pulled his hand away, "That would be fine... but I wasn't born with this... I grew up with sight, but then I lost it five years ago... the same time I lost my father." He said softly but a bit sadly.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 am
User Image
[[ "I'm sorry."
A muted statement, brushed away by her next comment. Wallowing was toxic, as she'd learnt, and Senka frequently tried to turn her mind to other things.
She knew their personalities and interests were worlds apart, but she couldn't help spilling her stories to this saddened, thoughtful charge. Her world was bright and loud, his of empty darkness. The borders where their worlds met - she had to seek that out, and encourage him to stray from his personal void.
"I go to discos sometimes."
Senka paused, realising how awkward and shallow her statement sounded after his. Ignoring the urge to pinch herself, Senka went on resolutely with her story.
"It's dark there. But there are flashes of neon lights. Loud music. People. Bodies. Atmosphere. It's only then I can close my eyes and think about the tranquility that the dark brings."
She paused to draw breath, realising that her song and her speech had ended.]]

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 am
PoppiHollaPuddelz

Cody heard what she said but rubbed his arm a bit, thinking about how she had said that. He could tell that she was trying to cheer him up but he sighed, "I understand what your trying to do... and I can agree that listening to music... its just nice but discos... their are just too many people there... my mother tried taking me to a concert, but with everyone standing, I got separated from my mother, I was only 15, and everyone was pushing me around, thinking that I was just some annoying kid but when a rock song came on, a group picked me up and thought it would be fun for me to crowd surf but not being able to see... it was scary... my mother had to take me home to keep me from freaking out because they thought that I could see when they put me down but I almost fell." He said nervously remembering that memory, it was scary to her. He thought about it as he shook his head, "Sorry... I know that my negative way of thinking isn't helping..." he said softly trying to think of what he did like doing, but it wasn't much.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 am
User Image
[[A quick shrug, almost rude, though Senka certainly hadn't intended for it to seem that way. Each to her own, and respect for everyone else. She imagined the scene, fleeting contact, gravity ceasing its hold - all in darkness. And for the first time, she saw the beginnings of his abyss.
And there she was, overly happy and carefree to his negativity. Not that it was Cody's fault, of course. Senka doubted that any blind person would be a hedonist like herself.
Straying from the darkened mood, the bubbly beat of a bubblegum song bleeped into existence again. The two didn't know each other, and they could already be polar opposites. His grey skies, her rainbow-coated bliss. Senka couldn't help the smile that flashed onto her face when puzzle pieces came to mind.
]]

[OOC::] Hey, so I noticed you're great at playing a blind character. What do you think of mine? It's Akane. Oronc is also blind. eek

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am
PoppiHollaPuddelz

(The reason is I am blind in real life... no not really, I don't know what I would do then... I am just good at plots and stories I guess... not really sure what to say about your character though.)
Cody looked out into space, like he normally did, but he began to think about it as he soon gently felt her hands moving but he began to think about it, "If I may ask... what do you look like?" he asked softly, wondering if he could get a description about herself, wondering if she could allow him to 'see' her.  
{{::Dead Threads::}}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff