Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] I can handle this myself...:T (Yuzhi & Shikoba)(FIN) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:54 pm
QUESTLINE: To Trance of Not to Trance

You wander around the edge of the reserves, where there seem to be more of an abundance of natural supplies in the forms of flowers, leaves, tiny saplings, even a sampling of wild herbs and more hostile vegetation, when you notice a lost-looking Death priestess. She stares at you, blinking. In her hand is a basket, mostly empty, with only a small collection of leaves.

"Can you help me for a second?" She looks straight up at you, pulling her basket towards you for you to examine. "I forgot what supplies are needed for Trance."

Hell if you knew.

"This is important," she pleads, all but clinging on to you as a lifeline. "Can you help me grab the proper reagents to use for Trance?"

OOC

- Roll a 100-sided dice and match your dice roll to the results below. You will need to roll 5 times. You complete the RP once you have done so.

- 1-20: You see some flowers, they look familiar, snapping dragons perhaps? You grab some, though one of them takes a chunk of your finger. Ouch!
- 21 - 40: You reach over for... some poisonous mushrooms? Why not...
- 41 - 60: You get to working on chopping some of the large, overgrown wild grass, but it seems to have other ideas as it nearly strangles you. Fortunately, you defeat the wild grass.
-61 - 80: You see an exotic vine, well, that looks fun. As you grab it you suddenly feel drowsy and..... well you wake up a little later, feeling slightly refreshed, if not miffed okay.
- 81 - 100: You see a few tree branches, they look harmless enough.... until one smacks you in the hand. MINI BOSS: This tree branch is actually an angry minipet. You have to placate the minipet/ defeat it to point of near-consciousness to use it okay. Roll 2d8-8 to determine your attack, the minipet does 5 auto damage to you and has 15 HP. You need to keep on hitting it until you defeat it.

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 92 Total: 92 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 pm
She was exploring her surroundings just a bit more when a Death Priestess apparently wanted her help. It took a moment for Yuzhi to accept mostly because her specialty wasn't in what the Priestess needed help with. The tiny Horseman was not an herbalist in the slightest so how could she be the one to gather such things for Trance reagents. Still she took the basket and went along for further looking around.

As she meandered deeper into the Weeping forest her fingertips grasping at this and that to try and find things that 'looked good' she suddenly got her hand swatted by something. Letting out a squeak of surprise she jerked her hand away and stepped back a couple of steps but the Minipet menaced her further with a low growl.

Yuzhi's brow furrowed as she put the basket down that she was carrying and summoned up her spear, "You challenge me? Well...It won't be that easy!"

LE STATBOX
Yuzhi's Stats
HP: 40/40 [Due to auto-damage]
DMG: N/A [2d8 -8]

Mini Boss Stats
HP: 15/15
DMG: 5 [Auto-Damage]

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:21 am
Trance was not a magic Shikoba knew a lot about, but it seemed to him like a more powerful version of War's meditations - certainly he wouldn't mind collecting ingredients to aid the process. Even if the priestess had been a bit touchy in her plea.

With the list of items to look for scrolling through his brain, Shik took to the Weeping Forest with long strides. Not two minutes into his search, though, he heard the undeniable sounds of a battle taking place and, frowning, crept forward to investigate, summoning his dagger as a precaution. It didn't take him long to find the source of the noises: it seemed the Imp had irritated one of the inhabitants opposite him.

With the mini pet's back turned to him, he poked the creature with his weapon and side-stepped as it swung with a leafy roar. "Need a little help?" he asked Yuzhi conversationally, not phased by the cuts in his torso.

(( HP: 35/40
Damage: 1
Miniboss: 14/15 ))

Pales rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 am
She flung her spear at the creature and it whiffed right past it making the small Horseman pout in reaction, with a quick flick of her hand she summoned her spear back to her hand and then startled when she suddenly saw and heard the tall Horseman from prior. Yuzhi's expression became unreadable for a moment.

"I can ha--," Suddenly the creature smacked her with a branch causing her to stop talking and wincing as she held a hand up to her bloodied cheek from when where it had scratched her from the attack.

Really? Really?

Yuzhi didn't honestly feel like being indebted to someone she hardly knew but...

"Would you kindly assist me?" She said in a somewhat tense tone.

LE STATBOX
Yuzhi's Stats
HP: 35/40
DMG: 0 [2d8 -8]

Mini Boss Stats
HP: 14/15

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:45 am
"Since you asked so nicely."

Shikoba made a few false swipes to upset the creature's balance and dug his dagger deeper into its skin. Red sap began to leak from the wound as it growled again and swiped at the offending arm while he retreated. He was not a coordinator of attacks with another person, but he supposed there was a first time for everything. "I wonder, though, what you did to upset the the creature." Typically they would not attack someone larger than them, much less continue when there was two.

((HP: 30
Damage: 4
Miniboss: 10/15 ))

Pales rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 am
"I did nothing," she said matter-of-factly, "I was simply wandering about looking for reagents for a priestess and my hand brushed up against something and suddenly it attacked me. I guess I must have hurt him by accident," brief frown but hey ... Maybe that priestess could use it. Readying her spear she backed up a bit and threw it. This time she hit her target and it let out small upset squeal and lunged at her ferociously.

Yuzhi yelped from the impact, "You started it! Do not try to make me feel bad!"

LE STATBOX
Yuzhi's Stats
HP: 30/40
DMG: 5 [2d8 -8]

Mini Boss Stats
HP: 5/15

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:33 pm
It seemed the more damage they did to it, the more ferocious the minipet became. Try as he could, Shikoba could not find a point to carve at before the thing brought sharp pine needles against his shoulder. He took a more defensive stance with the curved weapon before him to try and ward off further attempts. "I'm more inclined to believe you now," he said with a glance towards the ghoul. "This thing was looking for a fight."

It was the beauty of nature: the ability to blend into one's surroundings until the moment of attack.

"The priestess had sent me on this mission as well, though I would have preferred to know about creatures like these before embarking . . ."

(( HP: 25
Damage: 0
Miniboss: 5/15

Pales rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:34 pm
Resummoning her spear she glanced at the War Horseman and then down at the creature and back again and her expression was somewhat of a disapproving one because she had a sudden thought, "Do you think...she sent others because of this thing?"

No, that couldn't be.

"Either way I intend to disable it and bring it back to her," she grunted as she threw her spear and again missed causing it to angrily lash out at her again.

LE STATBOX
Yuzhi's Stats
HP: 25/40

Mini Boss Stats
HP: 5/15

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:46 pm
"Hmm." He frowned, waited for an opportune moment, and stepped forward to try and pierce the minipet in the head. Its bark was thicker than expected, though, and his reward for the bold move was to scratch at his face mercilessly. Shik retreated back and swiped some of the blood off his face with a grunt. "It wouldn't surprise me."

He too had a look of disappointment on his face, though it was because of the trouble they were having killing just this one creature. Was the loss of so much FEAR affecting him so deeply? He was an executioner, damn it, not a pet wrangler. "I would prefer killing it personally," Shik added, finding that this thing was not going to go down easily.

(( HP: 20
Damage: 1
Miniboss: 4/15 ))

Pales rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:48 pm
She couldn't quite figure out a good way to attack it as the other Horseman dealt with it for the time being and thus she simply held to her spear once she summoned it back and just watched her brow furrowing, "I suppose killing it might be best. I just don't know if she might need it dead or alive..."

Such a difficult issue it was.

"I suppose either way it could be brought back," and as if not liking the idea the minipet rounded on her for a new attack making Yuzhi wince a lot more than she had at the start.

LE STATBOX
Yuzhi's Stats
HP: 20/40

Mini Boss Stats
HP: 4/15

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:04 pm
"Its status shouldn't matter." As if to make a point, when the minipet lunged at Yuzhi Shikoba took the advantage of its distraction and grasped one of its offending arms and brought the dagger down, severing it from the body. "As long as we bring her these," he finished, offering the branch before taking another hit from the enraged animal.

At least it looked weak enough that she could finish it off at her convenience.

(( HP: 15
Damage: 3
Miniboss: 1/15 ))

Pales rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:06 pm
"Indeed? You think that will be enough?" Yuzhi asked with a bit of a quirked eyebrow. It seemed like it'd be good enough but still. The creature lashed at her once more and Yuzhi just sighed down at it as if annoyed with its presence right about now she simply stabbed the spear down at it instead of throwing it this time. It was too close to her to want to do anything else that included throwing her spear.

As the creature snarled it's last she looked up at 'The Giant' and offered a small nod, "Thank you."

LE STATBOX
Yuzhi's Stats
HP: 15/40
DMG: 2 [2d8 -8]

Mini Boss Stats
HP: 0/15

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 78 Total: 78 (1-100)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:32 pm
With its final cries the creature laid still on the ground - and Shikoba immediately set upon taking another branch off it; perhaps the priestess would find use of it. "A good fight," he told the unconscious minipet as he finished bagging the materials and stood, again wiping blood and sweat from his face. He then turned to Yuzhi. "I am not honestly sure, but the priestess didn't mention to me specifics of what she wanted, and her abode had many natural affects. The skin was tough to break if nothing else; perhaps the branches would lend the same quality for building."

But it was back to searching nonetheless. Not far from their position Shik noticed some exotic vines. They reminded him of his old isle, and immediately he went to wrench them from the tree. The giant was overcome with a sudden dizzy spell when he did, however, and with heavy eyes fell against the tree. "Sorcery," he murmured with a frown before it went dark.

((Roll 1: SLEEPY TIME))

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 67 Total: 67 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:35 pm
Yuzhi rubbed her chin and let Shikoba pick up what he wished though once he was done she gave a small nod and picked up the creature itself. Certainly it would be in pain when it awoke again - if it awoke again - but that was what it was going to have to deal with. The Horseman had agreed to perform a task.

She'd been so wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn't see what Shikoba had gotten himself into until she turned around and saw him ... slumped over on the ground and passed out. She edged closer toward him crouching a little so she can nudge at a shoulder but he didn't seem to stir right away. Had the battle worn him out? Was he holding on to something? She couldn't quite see she gazed up and noticed some vines.

Yuzhi climbed on Shikoba little in order to reach the small bits that were still left and suddenly she felt odd and more tired than she did a few moments ago. Eyes grew heavy lidded and then eventually shut as her body collapsed against his.

Naptime for Scholars.

Trance Stuff Got
1 x Minipet-thing.
1 x Sleepy Vines

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 97 Total: 97 (1-100)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:01 pm
When Shik woke minutes later he felt refreshed, though with some odd sensations on his shoulder like something had stepped on it. Even more odd, the scholar was asleep next to him. Had she gone to investigate the vines for herself? He smiled a bit in amusement, though it quickly dropped when he heard something snort in the bushes near them.

Another of the creatures they had knocked out had come to investigate, smelling the blood and their kin. It glared balefully at the two and struck the ground with a clawed paw.

Instinctively Shikoba grabbed Yuzhi's arm and forcefully yanked her with him to avoid the minipet as it charged at them, barely missing his feet in passing as he curled his legs closer to his body. Their landing wasn't graceful, and immediately he let her go to resummon his weapon and get into a battle ready position.

Looked like they were in for round two.

(( Roll 2: OH GOD DAMNIT ANOTHER ONE? ))

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff