Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[Scavenging PRP] Supervisory Scavenging (Mengyao & Yuzhi) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 pm
AMITYVILLE

Amityville:

The sheer volume of students makes it hard to navigate around the established school facility. The outskirts of Amityville are mostly abandoned, though everyone knows the goods lie around the foundations of the school, mostly next to the spacious outdoor gym, the front gates, and the auditorium area. Students occasionally linger around, some wary of your presence, others more than willing to help.

Rules:

- This RP is possible with students!
- Roll a 100-sided dice each time you post. Match your dice roll to the results below as to what you find. Make sure to RP out the post. You can work with someone else as well, so each of you can obtain max 10/15 items (depending on your job class)
- You can also invite students to your RP. Students can come into your scavenging RP to help/ ask questions/ etc etc as long as they are invited the conventional means (ie: through a PRP etc etc). IF you make your thread an ORP that means you're in theory allowing any students to snoop at what you are doing! If you are making it a solo, that means Amityville students are not allowed/ do not see your thread. Students cannot collect supplies, but they can try to provide helpful hints about the school/ make conversation/ try to assist carrying supplies/ etc etc. Students are still not allowed on the Lost Clan reservation though, so after they get to the Amityville gates students will have to stay at the school.
- Once you are done collecting supplies, you can point claim here

- 1- 10 Solid bricks
- 11 - 20: Gnome Cement
- 21-30: Large wooden door
- 31- 40:Reinforced Metal desks
- 41- 50:Shatter-proof glass
- 51 - 60: Ripped curtains
- 61- 70: Thick cable wire
- 71- 80: Large round pebble
- 81 - 90: Pliable adhesive
- 91 - 100: Slightly used garbage bin.

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 65 Total: 65 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:17 pm
She would have been among the ones to admit that for her this was a huge step down from what she was used to doing. Going around and looking for useful things to help rebuild their once glorious kind that was now reduced to nothing but rubble and emotionally unstable beings smattered here and there thanks to various triggers.

Leaning down she picked up a thick wire cable and soon found another one nearby quietly she draped them over her arm. Maybe she should not be doing this alone but she also wanted to have some thinking time to herself for at least a few moments.

She needed time to figure out where her goals lie next and then reach for them as well as help others attain normalcy - at least she was being useful while she was pondering over things instead of sitting in a corner and sulking.

Items Gathered

x 2 Thick Cable Wire (Scholar Bonus)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kuropeco rolled 1 100-sided dice: 99 Total: 99 (1-100)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:39 pm
He did not want to feel bad for what he had said to Yuzhi, but the ultimate truth was that he did - and it was not a very pleasant feeling. In fact, for several hours after the fact, Mengyao attempted to push those sorts of ridiculous sentimentality aside in favor of some more entertaining emotions - like amusement.

Unfortunately it did not last long, and Mengyao found himself wandering the grounds of Amityville, away from the Weeping Forest. He held no desire to be back within the thick branched trees with their heady, earthy smell, nor did he particularly want to be involved in any sort of scavenging exercise where one had to trod upon dirt to do so.

Needless to say by the time he round ed the corner and saw the exact person he was trying to avoid, Mengyao Miao was not exactly in a pleasant mood.

Now look at what you've done, said the little nagging voice in his head, but Mengyao shoved it vehemently aside, and scowled, brushing a hand over his face as though to smooth it out. A second later a calm, serene expression had taken place, and Mengyao slipped over towards Yuzhi as though he had not a care in the world.

"Ah, Puppy," he said airily, even as he was scrutinizing a large, metal can as though it were the most fascinating thing in the entire world (clearly it was not). "How very delightful to see you again."

Mengyao's Pathetic Inventory
x1 slightly used garbage bin.
------
1 total

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 79 Total: 79 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 am
Digging around at something near a pile of things that didn't look salvageable she found a couple of large pebbles. She took them up for the time being figuring that they would make good building materials. Then heard someone shuffling around nearby and it wasn't until they had come closer and spoke that her head tilted toward the taller form of her cousin but instead of coming at him with an insult right away or even just ignoring him she gave him a small nod of her head in greeting before she spoke up, "Hello Cousin. It is good to see again."

If she meant it or not it was hard to tell as she dusted off her hands and then turned to face him with a small tilt of her head.

"How are you doing today?" It seemed that she wasn't going to hold grudges for what had happened the other day back at the scavenging party for the Weeping Forest. "Are you here to do more collecting of supplies?"

Items Gathered

x 2 Large Pebble (Scholar Bonus)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kuropeco rolled 1 100-sided dice: 88 Total: 88 (1-100)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:28 pm
She was acting cordially to him. Mengyao was not certain whether to feel apprehensive over this fact (he'd prefer not to), irritated (slightly better), or just ignore altogether.

He went for the latter - at least for the time being.

"As it is to see you as well," said Mengyao agreeably, now inspecting something small and stretchy. Experimentally, he pulled it between two greying fingers, curling it into the palm of his hand.

"Yes...supplies, are they," he said, with a slightly distasteful look on his face and completely disregarding the first question Yuzhi had issued in favor of the second. He did not really want to explain himself, but he cast a glance over his shoulder at his younger cousin, a slight frown on his lips.

He quickly pushed it aside, shaking his head briefly and offering his cousin a serene smile.

"Is that what you are here for? To gather supplies for the rebuilding of our new home?"

x1 slightly used garbage bin
x1 pliable adhesive
------
1 total

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 24 Total: 24 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:33 pm
For the moment Yuzhi had no intention of verbally attacking her cousin much less anything else she noted that Mengyao was ignoring certain lines of questioning making her eyebrow twitch briefly upward before she simply turned to dig around a bit more until she found a set of doors that were ... not connected to a doorway of any kind. They would be pretty useful - of this she was certain.

At his inquiry she glanced over at him, "Why yes, that is why I am here. I tire of not having my own place in which to rest and I am pretty sure you are as well. We might as well do what we can to ... establish a sense of normalcy."

Her fingertips rubbed at a bit of dirt on the door as if to make it go away her lips quirking into a downward frown. It bothered her that her cousin didn't look the way he used to that he appeared to be ill in some manner that she couldn't quite assist. It made her heart ache oddly though she wasn't quite ready to say so to him.

She chewed a little on her bottom lip as she glanced over at him, "If..."

She stalled a moment before Yuzhi squashed down her pride, "You need help, Cousin, I am here for you," the small Horseman said softly.

Items Gathered

x 2 Large Pebble (Scholar Bonus)
x 2 Wooden Doors (Scholar Bonus)
----------------------
Total: 6 Found

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kuropeco rolled 1 100-sided dice: 84 Total: 84 (1-100)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 pm
He was trying to dissuade her line of questioning to avoid the obvious - and now that he had stopped trying to hide his hands away from the view of everyone else, it would very well be obvious - especially with the fact that one of his eyes had shifted. The left was no longer the same dark blue was the right; instead it was a bright, blazing gold.

A sign of something he did not want to admit. Just like the strands of white in Lifen's hair.

Yuzhi was dragging around what appeared to be two doors, and Mengyao watched her, slightly amused by her small frame attempting to move something twice her height.

"What I tire of is not having...yes, all right, a place of my own," he said, conceding to her point despite not exactly wanting to. It was true, however; he did not appreciate having to share his space with others.

It was not exactly pleasant.

Distracted by the same rubbery, tack-like substance he had found before, Mengyao almost missed Yuzhi's softly spoken words, and when he realized what she had said, he pivoted slowly to look at her, the fan still in his free hand.

"Well now," he said, slightly taken aback by this unexpected turn. He had expected her to kick him in the shins, or perhaps call him idiot cousin, as she always did. But offering help? It was strange.

And slightly unnerving, though Mengyao could not quite determine why.

"That is..." he said, then stopped, trying to figure out a way to brush it off, to simply pass his illness off as nothing of consequence - even if it was.

"...well, I do not require any assistance from little puppies at the current moment," he said finally, and reached out to pat her head as though one might do to a beloved pet, a half sort of smiled smirk on his lips. "But if I need something cute and little to cuddle, I will be sure to notify you in the future."

x2 pliable adhesive
------
3 total

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 71 Total: 71 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:06 pm
Yuzhi nodded a bit when he admitted to the not liking having a place of his own as she kicked up a couple of more pebbles. She was expecting to either be insulted, put down, or otherwise rejected by her Cousin and partially she was and yet she wasn't. He patted her head and he gave him a stare that she often gave him when she wasn't sure if she should be charmed by him or completely annoyed with him. Her cheek puffed out a bit in disapproval but she didn't smack his hand away like she usually did.

"I'm of more use than just cuddling and ...being 'cute'," she grumbled softly under her breath back of her hand reaching up to wipe at her eyes at the threat of oncoming tears began to sting them. Sometimes he just...

Ugh.

The small Horseman stubbornly sucked in her breath and just held it for a moment until the threat subsided for the time being as she gazed at him again, "Mengyao," she said firmly using his name in what was probably the first time in ages, "you shouldn't just ...dismiss me like that. I ...I just want to help you be ...comfortable again. The way you used to be. So...I am working my hardest to make sure of it."

Yuzhi's own lack of comforts tended to be ignored in the favor of Mengyao and Tseng's, probably because they were family.

Items Gathered

x 4 Large Pebble (Scholar Bonus)
----------------------
Total: 10 Found

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kuropeco rolled 1 100-sided dice: 50 Total: 50 (1-100)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:30 pm
The voices in his head were too loud, too crowded within his thoughts. Mengyao wished he could make them all shut up, but since there was no hope for that anytime soon, he had to settle for them at least being quieter than normal; a rather mild attempt at subduing them.

She was giving him that Look again, but this time it was followed by her hand lifting, swiping at her eyes. Mengyao's own hand jerked where it lay on her head, lifting it slightly, his fingers curling beneath, into his palm.

Crying. Was she crying? She certainly looked as though she were close to it, even though she was just staring at him determinedly. Mengyao's own expression shifted, closing off, and he withdrew his hand, feeling selfish and irritated.

The voices were still too loud.

Quiet.

"Mengyao."

Oh, she'd said his name, and not idiot cousin or stupid. Some of the irritation eased away, Mengyao's shoulders relaxing slightly. He exhaled his breath slowly. Turning away from her, he walked away a few steps, idly pulling out a flat, thin sheet of glass, miraculously unbroken, and let his fingers drift across the smooth surface - a distraction, as always, from his own feelings.

"Yes, well..." said Mengyao, for once at a loss for words. He did not like having to deal with tears, did not know how to deal with them. After a long moment of silence he said, in a surprisingly quiet, serious tone of voice,

"I'm afraid going back to how I used to be is a bit impossible, little puppy."

x2 pliable adhesive
x1 shatter-proof glass
------
4 total

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 81 Total: 81 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:03 pm
Now it was her turn to busy herself at a source of some sort of sticky substance she found. She found it to be pretty useful as a binding agent and thus collected it without any other fuss made it distracted her from how tearful this whole situation was making her feel all of the sudden. Tearful and weak.

Her head snapped toward Mengyao and her eyes widened and her mouth opened. Suddenly her expression melted into a purely stubborn one as she stamped her tiny foot irritated and angry at his willingness to just give in.

"No. No. You will not just lie down and let things walk all over you, Mengyao. You are not allowed. Y...You..." Tears dropped from her eyes, "You can't leave me! You are not allowed! Not...Not without trying."

She'd been a thorn in her side for so long she felt frightened at the thought of his loss. Frightened that he'd suddenly not be there. She had grown to love him as she loved her main family. He had no right to just give up.

Items Gathered

x 2 Pliable Adhesive (Scholar Bonus)
----------------------
Total: 10 Found

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kuropeco rolled 1 100-sided dice: 34 Total: 34 (1-100)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:17 pm
His hands were keeping occupied, fiddling with some metal disks he had found, so Mengyao's back was towards Yuzhi. Every time he moved he could see the grey, so starkly prominent against his otherwise pale skin, and he was not sure whether to embrace the fact that he was now Insanity-touched or try to fight off what would inevitably overtake him.

He was not sure he could afford the latter.

There was a thump. Mengyao turned around - and was started to see tears sliding down Yuzhi's face, creating streaky lines against her skin, darkening it. His mouth fell open in a wordless gesture of surprise, the carefree words he had intended to say completely escaping him.

She was crying - she was crying for him, even after all that he had said and done. They had known each other since they were little, after all - Mengyao had treated her like a younger sister at first, always spoiling her, along with his own sister - but she had had Tseng, and he had had Mai, and as they had grown he had started to become one of those relatives who knew his place in the world and was not afraid to show it. His affection towards her had turned teasing, obnoxious, self-absorbed.

And now here she was, crying for him, even after all this time, even when he did not deserve to feel towards her what he did in secret, never wanting to admit it - that he loved her, despite everything. Not a romantic love, but one that made her precious to him, even when he was teasing her.

Stepping towards her, Mengyao's fingers found her chin, and he tilted Yuzhi's face upwards. She was so much smaller than him, and he slanted his own head to look down at her. One of his greyed fingers brushed at the tears beneath her eyes, and he ducked his head, pressing a brief, light kiss to her cheek before straightening again.

"I cannot stop what is to come," he said gently. "I can only prepare for my future - which I hope will be a long one."

Stepping back, Mengyao tucked his hands into his sleeves, the fan - and the grey - disappearing into the expanse of blue cloth. The glint of gold in his left eye he could not hide, and the voices in his head would not cease, but he offered her a smile anyway, quiet and quite unlike any of his arrogant, cocky smirks.

His fingers touched her cheek again.

"Rest assured, my dear Yuzhi, that I am not going anywhere anytime soon."

x2 pliable adhesive
x1 shatter-proof glass
x1 reinforced Metal desks
------
5 total

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:18 pm
Her expression was fraught with sorrow and pain, she'd bore everything that had happened with quiet acceptance but now here alone with one of the sources of her heartache she just couldn't stand to hold it back anymore. She didn't wish to avoid him but she didn't wish to go through the tears each time they were alone and she felt safe to just unleash her emotions and even then they were possibly under scrutiny and probable mocking but at least when it was just the two of them it was better handled between them without other parties tromping along between them.

Mengyao touched her face tilting her head up toward him and she just stared at him her expression still in that state of vulnerability and she just couldn't pull it back at the moment. The kiss on the cheek made her close her eyes for a moment as her hand reached up, as if afraid he was going to walk too far from her, she grasped at his long sleeves. "You. Lifen. No. I won't stand for it. You...you can prepare all you want but...I won't hear of you giving up. If you...if you give up..I won't forgive you for it. Not like I have forgiven you all the times in the past, Mengyao. I don't ...I don't forgive those that just quit on me."

"Who...Who else will be my Idiot Cousin if it isn't you, Mengyao?" her voice was tight, throat straining against tears and the need to sob.

Nearby a couple of bags of gnome cement fell onto the doors she'd been dragging around to take back.

Items Gathered

x 2 Gnome Cement (Scholar Bonus)
----------------------
Total: 12 Found

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kuropeco rolled 1 100-sided dice: 36 Total: 36 (1-100)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:34 pm
A part of him was glad that Yuzhi did not want him to go anywhere, filled with a relief that somewhere inside of her she still felt the same as she had all those years ago and that he had not quite managed to ruin it all just yet. Another part of him felt ashamed at that gladness, and yet another part of him hated that he was who he was, hated that he had caused her to wear that expression on her face.

But even yet another part knew he had come too far to change now. Mengyao did not like showing his own emotions, and the few times he did were rare and far apart, usually spent in solitude, away from the prying eyes of everyone else.

What he felt was no one's business but his own.

Her hands were small as they grasped his sleeves, and Mengyao blinked down at her, feeling as though he couldn't quite express everything that he wanted to - couldn't, or wouldn't, he was not certain.

"Yuzhi."

His hands lifted, reached for her own. Greying fingers closed around her much smaller ones and pulled them away from his sleeves, but still held them as he looked down at her with an uncharacteristically gentle expression on his pale face.

"I am not the sort to just give up," he said, enunciating each word carefully, a surprisingly fierce fire behind them. "I have no plans to merely lay down and let life take me. I make my own path, wherever that will lead me."

He stepped away, sliding his hand across the top of what looked to have been a desk of some sort, made of stiff, silver metal that matched his skin. His back to Yuzhi, she would not see the hard line his mouth made when he pressed his lips together in irritation; not with her, but with himself.

"I will stay your Idiot Cousin for as long as you want me to."

x2 pliable adhesive
x1 shatter-proof glass
x2 reinforced Metal desks
------
6 total

Pales rolled 1 100-sided dice: 72 Total: 72 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:00 pm
In truth she wouldn't want him to change - not for her sake anyways. Certainly he had turned into an obnoxious a** over time but right now as she spilt her emotions all over the place like a tipped over glass it was like it how it all began. Like the time when she was young and she had fallen hard enough to scrape her knee and had Mengyao was there to comfort her where Tseng and her parents could not. She wept, he offered her a candy with comforting words and then all was well. Only this time it was something larger than a flesh wound and somehow more hurtful to deal with right now.

Her throat tightened more and more as she felt his hands take hers in his small quiet sniffling sound exited from her because she just couldn't keep it back anymore the dam had somehow broken for the time being.

Yuzhi grasped her cousin's hands and carefully she listened to his words her brow furrowing her voice shaken and strained, "Do-..Don't let Lifen give up either. I swear on everything if you both..."

And then suddenly she broke into a fit of sobs her body sinking down unable to support herself as she dropped to her knees, a foot kicked a couple of large round pebbles toward the door. She had become overtaken by her grief once and for all.

"Forever. Just forever. Mengyao if you let it take you away I.." more sobbing took over garbling anything else she had to say on the matter. She felt like a fool but her emotions were just suddenly too much of a burden for her at least until she got the will to build herself back up once more.

She could forgive Mengyao's teasing and sometimes harsh words toward her just so long as he stayed.

Items Gathered

x 6 Large Pebble (Scholar Bonus)
x 2 Gnome Cement (Scholar Bonus)
----------------------
Total: 14 Found

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kuropeco rolled 1 100-sided dice: 48 Total: 48 (1-100)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 pm
He tried not to think about what would happen if the Insanity did overtake him. Mengyao had not seen the end results himself, nor did he particularly want to, but he had, at the very least, heard of what happened. He did not know why he had been more influenced than some of the others, and selfishly he felt better knowing Lifen was there with him as well.

But then he felt a sickening pang in his stomach, rising up into his chest for even thinking such a thing, even briefly.

I would not wish this fate on anyone.

The voices in his head had settled for the time being, but Yuzhi's sobs had grown, her voice shaking, collapsing as she dropped to the knees. Mengyao remained standing stiffly, his back towards her, and with every sob his heart clenched just a little bit more.

I told myself I was not going to let anyone see me the way that I am.

So much for that idea. But it was not as if Yuzhi, of all people, had only seen him one way. She still remembered the way he had once been, even if that time had long since passed.

He picked up another sheet of glass, holding it within his fingers. The grey had slipped up to cover part of his palm, stopping just before the heel, and he exhaled slowly, closing his briefly.

Turning around, Mengyao silently made his way back over towards where Yuzhi crouched, her small body trembling. Without a word he leaned down, taking her by the hands, pulling her to her feet, and in one swift, easy movement she was up in his arms as he held her up in the air the way he used to do when she was a small child, one arm beneath her, the other against her back, smoothing down her hair.

"I swear to you that I will let nothing happen to Lifen," he said, and there was a heavy fire in his voice, thick with his fierce determination.

"And I will stay with you for as long as you will have me as your Idiot Cousin. So if that means forever, then I'm afraid you're stuck with me forever, which I'm not quite certain you want, but there it is anyway."

x2 pliable adhesive
x2 shatter-proof glass
x2 reinforced Metal desks
------
7 total

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash