The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:54 am
The Lake of Ten Seas is the best place to train in the entirety of the Southern Tribe, and perhaps even the Northern Tribe. Its limitless supply of water and the fact that it's surrounded by fresh water and soft ice makes it relevant to the training of beginner-benders. As the ice is not very hard, it's easy to manipulate and learn from, and since the water isn't frozen, basic waterbending is made easy. The place is situated in the area between the major cities and the Compound, and as such is kept safe by the eyes of the people, so that the young benders may make their mark.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

Atka arrived at the lake after a few days of travel. She'd taken the journey mostly alone - leaving her home village and trekking across the ice on foot from city to city, until she'd reached one of the larger cities surrounding the celebrated training area. From there, Atka had hitched a ride with a few others headed to the lake on a buffalo-yak drawn sled (She mentally kicked herself for not taking one of her family's buffalo-yaks. It would have made the trip a lot easier - not to mention shorter, and cheaper!). Hopping out of the wide sled, the young woman stretched. It hadn't taken long to get to the lake from the big city, but with four passengers and a driver, it was definitely cramped.

Atka wandered away from the group she'd arrived with. They were friendly, but loud - and she would do better if she practiced without distractions like them. Now to find... a suitable training spot? A teacher? She was new at this, and it was her first time at the Lake of Ten Seas - she wasn't sure how to go about improving her waterbending.

Sbizeau

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:05 am
User Image

NPC Tim

A man stood behind Atka with a friendly smile on his face. She wouldn't he was there until he spoken up. "Hello miss! Are here to train?" He briefly gave a small question. Once that said he go's ahead and introduce himself. "My name is Tim. I'll be the teacher for the mean time, I'll help as much I can for any of the new beginners. Are you a waterbender that would like to get started?" He asked the young lady.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

The potential student kicked around the edge of the lake, keeping her eyes on the water. She hadn't the slightest clue that the man was behind her until he spoke up. Spooked, she let out a small (she hoped inaudible, what a bad first impression) gasp and spun around. The man looked nice enough, he probably didn't intentionally startle her...

"Um," she started lamely, coughed, and then started again, "Yes! Yes, I am here to train in waterbendering. My name is Atka." She returned his smile. "I'm really new at this though. I mean, really new."

Sbizeau

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
User Image

NPC Tim

"Well good. At least I am informed so we can take this nice and easy just for you. It's nice to meat you miss Atka." He reply to her as may be the nices teacher she may ever meet. "Let's begin, shall we? We will start with understanding a little of the root and the traditional ways of bending the water. You may not know this but water is very important, it travels through out the whole planet. With out it, there will be no life. So it's always in motion and if even some reason stops, things may turn out bad." He gave little facts about it. He continue on. "The first Waterbender watched the waves pushes in then out on the shores from the power of the moon, and so this is how the water bending began from imitate the push and pull motion." He gave a little history fact for the young lady to know. "Now... Right now I don't want you to bend the water out of the pond, just feel the presents of it. Have grab hold of the water with out even touching it, and do some simple and push and pull onto the water to see any changes on the surface." He suggested her to her. To demonstrate, he held out on of his hands over to the pond and moved it slightly upwards and a blob of water follows. Tim let it go and it fell back to the water. "See, simple to do." He smiled to her and let her have a try.

Traditional Waterbending
Stage 1= 6 post

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Nice to meet you too, Tim," Atka replied. Although she had admitted she was new at waterbending, she wasn't sure she appreciated the 'easy' lessons. It couldn't be that hard, right? Well, she would find out soon enough. She couldn't muster any ill-will toward Tim anyway, he was just so kind.

Atka nodded along to his explanation. Water was the source of all life - as a Water Tribeswoman, that particular boast had been ingrained in her since birth. The history segment was new however, and she listened with interest. Then came the actual waterbending... when Tim did it, it did look simple to do. See, she didn't need 'easy mode!'

"Alright!" Atka moved closer to the lake and planted her feet solidly. She mimicked Tim's hand movement and... nothing happened. Brows furrowing, she tried again. Still nothing. Alright, maybe she did need easy mode after all.
[1/6]

The young woman closed her eyes and took a calming breath. She could do this, she'd always been able to do whatever she'd set her mind to. All it usually took was a little focus. Opening her eyes, she tried once more - and a small orb of water started emerging from the surface of the lake. "Oh!" Atka exclaimed, then clapped her hands over her mouth, embarrassed about being excited about such a small accomplishment. The orb of water, of course, immediately sunk back into the lake.[2/6]

Throwing a sheepish look and a shrug over her shoulder at Tim, she focused on the training once more. Push and pull... feel the water... then move it. Holding her arm out over the water, she pulled her hand up, and got a large ripple on the surface, but nothing more.[3/6]

'This is going swimmingly...' Atka thought to herself sarcastically. 'Heheh. Waterbending. Swimmingly.' In a slightly better mood, Atka tried a fourth time. On the attempt she was rewarded with yet another orb of water rising from the lake. It was small, and unstable, but at least this one rose completely out of the surrounding liquid. Elated, a grin broke on on Atka's face, and she made the water move even higher before letting it fall back into the lake.[4/6]

Her fifth attempt yielded similar results. She held a hand out over the water, and lifted it up, willing the water to follow her movements, and it did. Another sphere of water rose up at her command, and she let this one drop as well.[5/6]

"I think I'm getting the hang of it," she said to Tim slowly, as she made another ball of water rise out of the lake. This one was slightly larger than the previous ones. After holding it in th air for a few moments, she let go and it fell back with a splash.[6/6]

Sbizeau

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:03 pm
User Image

NPC Tim

"Hmmm, yes indeed. You are getting there." He said out like he's not seeing much out of her. He came up to her over by the pond. "Let's do some more of moving the water but also direct it around. More like countering the opponents water attack back. Here, this is a good example." Tim moved his arm into a circular motion over the water. Teh surface of the water started off slow but then fallow along the motion that his arms are making. The water was spiral and spiral around enough to dip down that looks just like a whirlpool. "See how the water revolving around? The way the force of energy and focus go's through this pool of life? Look directly at it, study the flow of the water with your heart." He stopped his bending but the motion of the pond still continue on but slowly dieing down. He too a step away from her wile she focus a bit looking deep into the whirlpool. "See how it's counters... now, counter!" With out warning, he quickly took a bit of water out of the pond and send it right at her. She just need to counter just as the whirlpool to save herself from getting wet.

Traditional Waterbending

skills= 2 post each
A World of Life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:19 pm
llxxS O U T H E R N T R I B ExxllxxT R A I N E Exxll

KIANNAXSAROSXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXW A T E RxxB E N D E RxxH E A L E R

xxllxxs p e c i a l i z a t i o n ---xxllxxa g e 1 6xxllxxc h i 3 5 0 / 3 5 0xxllxx

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

OOC:

As Kianna entered the training grounds, she seemed sort of nervous. She wanted to learn how to heal, but what if she was incompetent? She didn't want to waste the teachers time. But then she remembered her promise to her mother to carry on what she loved to do the most: heal. Kianna simply stood there, awaiting someone to come help her.

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:34 pm
A man clad in your usual water tribe garb spotted the new trainee as she entered the area. He quickly made his way over to the girl and introduced himself. "Hello, I am instructor Kana, how can I help you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:39 pm

xxllxxs p e c i a l i z a t i o n ---xxllxxa g e 1 6xxllxxc h i 3 5 0 / 3 5 0xxllxx

OOC:

When the man approached her, her body stiffened. But at the same time, all nervousness left her body. "I would like training to become a healer." She stated simply. "My name is Kianna Saros."

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:12 pm
Kana smiled as the girl said what her profession was to be. "A Healer eh? Well that's very noble of you. Most who pass through here only wish to learn how to beat things up. Follow me and we'll get started." Kana lead the girl over to a small hut where the victims of training accidents were being held. "Okay, the first thing we're going to do is move some water. You wont be much of a healer if you cant even bend." As he spoke, Kana flicked his wrist and a small blot of snow from the ground melted and began to circle his wrist. "It's all about motion and balance. Feel the flow of the water with your chi and shift your body to move with it. Once you've got the basic movements down, we'll move on to healing"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 pm

OOC:

As Kianna followed him into the hut where all of the injured citizens of the Southern Tribe were. It pained her to see all of these people here. Some of their injuries were minor, but as she walked around, it got worse.
1/5

There were men with gashes on their stomachs and frostbite on their phalanges. She had never been around so many injured before. It kind of scared her beyond recognition.
2/5

As she walked by, a little kid grabbed her leg to stop her. "Please help me, miss." Kianna felt saddened by the little boys words. He had several scrapes and bruises all over his body. Then she remembered what had happened to her at his age.
3/5

Kianna's father beat her at a young age, thinking that if he did,he would always have power over her. He knew she was a water bender, and would someday leave for training, but he didn't want that. A chill ran down her spine as she walked away from the kid. Was she really suited for this?

4/5

Just as she was about to walk out of the hut, she stopped herself. She remembered her promise to be just like her mother, she wanted to be a healer. A damn good one, too! She clenched her fist then turned back to Kana. "I'm ready."
[Stage 1 of Healing Learned]

As Kianna looked at what Kana had just done, she thought it was pretty simple. She had bended before, but that was due to her father angering her. She placed her palm on the snow and closed her eyes. As she moved her hand up, as fluid as water itself, the snow where her palm had been placed melted and flowed up with her hand. The water circled around her hand for a while before she let it drop.
1/1 Learned

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:39 pm
Kana clapped a few times as the girl quickly grasped the basics of waterbending. "Alright, come over here please. We'll now learn some basic clean up techniques. I'll teach you how to bend some cuts and bruises," she said, kneeling beside a badly beat up boy. Kana covered his hands in water and hovered them just above the hurt areas. "The key here is no feel the wounds through your chi. Focus on clearing up the bruises first. After the under coating is fixed up, you can focus on restoring the cuts and scrapes."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:46 pm

OOC:

As the scrapes healed, Kiana grinned. It was the first actual healing skill she could learn and do! Immediately she kneeled next to the boy who asked her for help and as she moved her hand over to his face to heal the scrapes, snow melted into warm water and began to hover over the boy. As the water began to glow a light blueish color, a soothing feeling overcame the little boy as his scrapes closed. Once the face was done, Kianna moved down to his arms and legs. When he looked perfectly normal he got up and ran out of the tent.
1/1 Abrasions Learned

Then Kianna walked over to a girl who had a black eye. Maybe it was an accident. But the way it looked seemed as if someone a lot bigger than a boy her age caused it. She moved her hand fluidly over the girls eye as water began to rise and hover over the bruised eye. Once the water began to glow, the blood cells under the tissue began to revitalize. After a few seconds, the black eye had completely gone away.
1/1 Bruising learned

Then Kianna moved on to an old man who had burned his hands trying to start a fire in his fire place. Once again, water hovered over the mans hands as her calm smile ensured him that he was gonna be alright. Within a few seconds, the scarred tissue had been revitalized and his fingers were good as new.
1/1 1st Degree Learned

The next skill was Sanitize. seemed important, Kianna would never operate on a filthy table. All she had to do was boil the water and wash it over the surface, and it seemed easy. So Kianna placed both of her palms on the ground, and as she warm palms melted the soft snow into water, steam rose. As Kianna raised her hands, hot steaming water lifted up as well. She washed the small table that was over to the side.
1/1 Sanitize Learned

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 pm

OOC:

When she finished her training, she stood up and bowed to Kana. "Thank you, Master Kana." Kianna had a genuine smile on her face, a smile that hadn't been flashed since she got the chance to visit Ember Island with her best friend.

[WT] South Pole - Southern Water Tribe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces