Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

The home of Avatar Kyoshi and the Kyoshi warriors, Kyoshi island is located in the southern sea of the Earth Kingdom. Most of the island has progressed from the days of old, with metal benders moving to transform the once traditional, small village into a moderately sized town where the exists a school that trains some of the most prominent non bending warriors the world has seen. It is also a land known now for the monstrous sea creatures that live in it's surrounding waters, and the spirits that live within as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:41 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

The one whos fists flow like the gentle river.

Yun was right about following the stream. The freshwater stream had led Yun and Autumn to a small fishing village. However, the boats there were not made for large travel, so they would have to be ferried to island of Kiyoshi. The two take a ride for a few hours, reaching the small, historic village, home to the former avatar Kiyoshi. Yun steps onto the docks, breathing in deep.

"The air is so clean here, so nice~"  

Cain the Blade

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄
4'ft 9'in tall // 14 years old

Chi: 500

Water Bender...

Autumn look around to the island the came to from the small bout. The small village looks nice but it's not much to see. Autumn looked up to and staitue of a patted face lady holding fans. "This place looks very small." She could only say about this place. Ba sin say (Don't care about spell XD) is way bigger than this.

...Northern Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun nods.

"Its small, but thats what's nice about it. Not a lot of noise like in the city. Nothing bad about Ba Sing Sei or the Fire Nation capital. Its just..."

Yun looks at the mountain.

"Its peaceful, clean, and one with nature. Its a perfect place to start and then go off on an adventure. The people all know you and you know them. It feels homely."

There is a bright smiles across Yun's face.  

Cain the Blade

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:59 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄

Water Bender...

Autumn moved her eyes away to the statue and over to Yun. "Did you once lived in a village like that or.... dream of starting off here?" She asked her seriously. Yun had a bad past, about her mother and stuff. She wonder why he's such in a happy mood because he long for this place. Always wanted peace like this than at the slum at the bottom 3rd ring in Ba Sing Sei.

...Northern Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:03 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun shook his head.

"No, I've always lived out in the wild. When I did pass through villages, all the families turned me away, mainly because of how I looked after living in the wilderness. They probably thought I was just another thief kid."

He lets out a sigh.

"I guess...I love adventuring, I love seeing the world and living among nature and all of its gifts. But...I guess I wish for once...I could live a normal life, even if it was for a day."  

Cain the Blade

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:13 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄

Water Bender...

So he's really been by himself for so long. Didn't even had a home to call of his own. She looked down, feeling sorry for him. "I-If you like... Once we get home... I can invite you over to my house. I can ask my mom so you can stay over for dinner. We do it all the time with the neighbors. So... staying in our house, so you know how it's a normal life is like... At least I think that's what a normal life is.... is that okay?" She gave the idea. If he just need a single day, then having him over for dinner would be okay. After all, he saved Autumn numbers of times.

...Northern Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun smiles, a warm aura radiating from him. Almost as if he was gonna cry.

"Yes, I'd love that."

Yun turned, caused by someone shouting.

"We better go, our boat is here."

Both Yun and Autumn head over to the merchant ship.

[exit]  

Cain the Blade

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:55 pm
On the horizon, a man in musketeer's garb. He stood at the helm of a modest Fire Nation frigate. Stolen, of course, flying a blank black flag. He let out a single command: "Oi lads, prepare to dock! Cast the ropes and heave with all your might! What do I pay ye for?" Soon, the vessel was slightly ways away from the shoreline, leaving a skeleton crew behind and a couple rowboats rowing up to the shore. With a step on to the sand, and barely looking at the town, Captain Armand Smythe. Captain of the Crimson Sky. He looked at his men and raised his cutlass into the air. "Ha-ha! We have done it! We have discovered new land! I hereby claim this island in the name of our crew!" As he turned around, he was met face-to-face with civilization. <******** shite! Which one of you was in charge of the maps?! I thought this was a new discovery!" He chewed out one of the cabinboys. "You there, boy! You held the maps. Guess what? You're buying rum for the lot of us!" A few cheers were heard from the crew that landed. "Just kidding, that job is up to me. You are not wealthy like I am boy, but soon, oh yes soon, soon you shall be sailing a brilliant galleon of your own!"

With that speech and more cheers, the frilly captain stepped into town, going to the nearest place that served anything remotely alcoholic and ordering barrels for the crew...effectively clearing his coinpurse instantly. Soon, as a group of Kyoshi warriors were soon passing with their painted faces. "Oi, lasses! Come, and be entertained! My crew and I bring stories of excitement and adventure! Have a round!" This invoked some...unfriendly looks. Surely if the clueless captain kept this up, there would be a bloodbath.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Why was he here, he wondered? Some great sages, just some time ago, had showed up at his door to proclaim him the Avatar. They claimed to preside over the Earth Kingdom's spiritual affairs, recognizing him because of his feat; to regain his bending on his own, with no assistance. From that time many years ago, they had been watching him, and waiting. That was what they claimed. Perhaps this was all some sham, but with the Earth Queen's royal seal, he could not imagine that to be the case. So he went with them, and off into this ship he sailed with them, those many men and women looming over him. At this point, his life seemed so strange. He felt special -- like the most significant person in the world -- but also pressured, all the sudden. It'd be him who would have to save the world all the time. He'd have to deal with the people, and battle the spirits. He'd have to sail the seas and trek through the mud, fly high in the sky and watch over everything. That would be a hard life -- probably a short life.

Even so, he couldn't help but feel grateful, seeing as he'd get to travel the world like he'd always wanted to. He watched the sail sway with the wind, and the sun set on the horizon. The ocean was so beautiful, and not far into it they'd found the place they wanted to go: Kyoshi Island. This place had history, tales of a great Avatar who slayed Chin the Conqueror, and freed this place from the mainland. It had a loyal following of Avatar enthusiasts, and some of the sages had made their home here. It was here that they'd teach him how to be a proper Avatar, if he even could be. "Ugh..." He sounded, quietly. His eyes closed, and his face pointed downward, to the ground. And from somewhere he couldn't point at in the first instant, a voice sounded. "Is something troubling you, Avatar?" An old woman, one of the sages. She was probably the most quiet of all of them. She never spoke unless spoken to, and didn't seem to have an opinion on much of anything. But she did speak now.

And somehow, he felt safe to tell her the truth. "I guess I'm scared of something? I don't know what's ahead of me anymore. I wanted to live a quiet life, but now apparently I'm the world famous Avatar and everyone will always need me." That was as truthful as he was going to get. The lady, who seemed to understand quite well, came into his vision and knelt down in front of him. She shook her head, and smiled. "Don't let the wise old men fool you, young Avatar. You can do whatever you want with this life. You can answer to the call, or let it ring silent upon your ears. You can live a life of servitude or sit in the palaces of Kings. All that matters is that you do good -- that you do not ignore your conscience. Your duty is to be the one glimmering light amongst the darkness. How you want to portray that is up to you." With those words, she disappeared, and the night continued, until it came to an end.

The next morning, he awoke in his bedroll, and an old man declared that they'd arrived. He readied himself up a bit, then walked onto the island, where a mass of people were waiting for him. They stared at him and watched in awe -- they'd be some of the first to see him, the new Avatar. He said nothing to them, only bowed his head respectfully and continued on. It was strange to see such respect for him. He always always avoided by everyone he knew, at least way back home. "..." He bit his lower lip, and remained silent until they took him to Kyoshi's old temple. The old sages began to seemingly pray, then they went to meditate beneath her statue. He stared quietly, awkwardly. That was supposed to be his past life that they were clinging to. And yet he didn't feel anything at all.

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 pm
Armand would only watch as they gave this man a near-ceremony as he arrived and led him up to the temple. After a while, he slammed his tankard of rum on the table. "Oi, why does 'e got a big welcome parade? I am Captain of Armand Smythe! Also known as Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom, the Magnificent b*****d! I've terrorized these seas in our glorious frigate and what recognition do I get? Nada!" One of the men piped up about him having more wealth and fame if he traded his adventures to find spirits for more ship robbery. "Fool, the spirits have treasure! More treasure than any man could ever want. Find the spirits, get the treasure. Why I have heard that the spirit world is paved with golds, the trees made of silver, and the leaves made of jewels!" It was this speak that always excited his crew and made them go along with it. "Aye but enough of this nay-saying. Whoever that bloke was, he's of no concern to me at the moment! Let us have a shanty!" With that, the clueless Captain and crew broke into nautical sing-song. Once again, the villagers were shocked...though some of the crew had managed to convince a few of the women warriors to dance with them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:09 pm
                        User Image
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                  EDELWEISS
                                                  ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                                                  w a t e r b e n d e r e a r t h k i n g d o m g y p s y
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxxxShe woke up humming. It wasn't a rare thing really. Having grown up in a family of good feelings mornings to Edel were always a good thing. She practically danced out of bed and spun into her clothes. Her wild auburn hair barely contained by the cloth wrap she tied about her head. The colorful beads she adorned herself with clack musically as she left her room in the inn. This was her third day staying on Kyoshi Island. She was in the middle of her adventure around the world. When her parents were young they traveled about and only finally settled in the mountains when Edel, the youngest of her five siblings, was born. That being said everyone in her family had traveled except her. So when she turned twenty she began her adventure and had been traveling the past three years since. Bare feet glided over the wood floors of the inn as she moved to the exit. She brandished an apple from a basket by the front door and took to the streets of the lovely village. Edel was impressed that in this increasingly modernized world Kyoshi Island still held to it's tradition. It's history was still flowing through the island and the village. When she first made way to Kyoshi she was not aware her path would cross with the new Avatar's, but yesterday she had heard the chatter of excitement and made the decision she would take chance of the opportunity and make friends with him. Or her. Come to think of it she didn't know the name of the Avatar as well. Edel mused the thought as she crunched down on the apple and trotted down towards the bay.

xxxxxHer thoughts were interrupted by haughty laughter of men and angry mutterings of women. She wiggled through the group of Kyoshi warriors and came face to face with the pirate making the noise in the eatery. Her ashen gaze looked to the barrels and back to the 'captain' and frowned. "Apple." She held out the half eaten apple to him as an offering. Whether he took it or not she'd release it either sending it to his lap or open hands. Her goal to meet the young avatar completely forgotten as she stared this frilly man in the face. "It's too early in the morning for such a scene good sir."The gypsy offered him a bright smile.

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:35 pm
Armand, completely unaware of what was happening for a while, felt the apple drop into his lap. He picked it up and examined it, turning it in the light as if searching for some deeper meaning. The crew knew exactly what he was doing. All the music and singing...everything, stopped. They all looked upon Armand looking upon the apple with great attention. Finally, his voice called out. "Lo and behold, gents! Just as I have said and has been written in the stars, this fair gypsy has given us a celestial sign! See here, in the mark of her bite, this grove yonder and below that forms the shape of this island. This bruise here, the directly where we are at! Aye lads, the treasure is here! Somewhere! We are close!" Clearly this captain was off his rocker. But, the crew cheered anyway and resumed their merriment in full swing. This wasn't the first time Armand pulled something from nothing and was successful.

He stood up, smiled, and bowed graciously to the gypsy woman before raising a hand and lowering it. He repeated the motion until the crew had ceased their rowdiness and kept a more calm and collected manner...albeit still binge drinking. "Captain Armand Symthe, at your service. To whom do I owe this pleasure which was written in the stars by the very spirits to occur?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:05 pm
                        User Image
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                  EDELWEISS
                                                  ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                                                  w a t e r b e n d e r e a r t h k i n g d o m g y p s y
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxxxAs the crew cheered Edel took the apple back and stared at it in wonder, fully believing the captain prophecy. She traced the edges and bruises with nimble fingers. A look of awe having come over her. Was it really true? Treasure and prophecy? The Kyoshi warriors and villages, which had watched the whole show with groans and sighs, began to slowly disperse finding the captain and his group to be filled with utter bullshit. With excitement Edel looked back to the pirate captain as he bowed. The apple perched delicately in her fingers she bowed back and smiled gleefully. "The pleasure is mine Captain Smythe. I am Edelweiss Hau Shang. Please call me Edel. Now..." She tossed the apple up high. The fateful fruity map spun effortlessly through the air before gravity's fate changed it's course. The fruit seemed doomed as it fell past the gypsy's hands, until she caught it artfully atop her foot. One small kick and it fell right into her open hand. As she nimbly caught the fruit her free hand struck out and to take the wrist of the captain. "We're wasting too much time! Let's go find the treasure, Cap'n!" With that she made an attempt to sprint out of the thinning crowd with Armand in tow.

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

JellytheBeany

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:19 pm

SUIHARA SOUTA
User Image
wielder ofWATER██

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTHE MOONXXXXXXXXXTHE OCEANXXXXXXXXXTHE MOONXXXXXXXXXTHE OCEAN
- - - - - XX▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTHE MOONXXXXXXXXXTHE OCEANXXXXXXXXXTHE MOONXXXXXXXXXTHE OCEAN
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⇣⇣
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTHEY GIVE ME POWER THEY GIVE ME POWER
User Image

'Why am I here again?' Having just woken up, you could say I was a bit stupid at the moment. My head felt like cottons were swimming around in there and my eyes were heavy with all these black dots dancing around before them. Can you believe I actually swatted at the air several times thinking that it was something right in front of me? So here I am, having fallen asleep atop one of the many buildings in Kiyoshi. I had decided to come up here and wait for Mizuki, my younger sister, while she went off about her business for a short while. I have no idea how much time actually passed by while I was up here, but I knew for certain that Mizu was safe and that was good enough for me. How do I know, you ask? Well that's a simple one right there. She's the most important person in my life and quite frankly I've grown attached to her from the day I could remember, some fifteen years ago or so. She was so...tiny, like she could break if I touched her too hard, yet so full of life that I couldn't keep myself away for too long. The only reason I'm up here now and away from her is because I didn't really want to see too many people at the moment. This right here was me time and I intended to spend it fruitfully, if you could call dosing off on a random rooftop fruitful. Pressing my weight back until I was basically resting on my neck, I hoisted my feet into the air and kicked forward with my whole body, my back rising from the surface and the rest of me with it so I could land firmly on my feet, hands in pocket looking cool as usual, staring down at all the townsfolk that were walking by below. Of course I was only looking for one person right now, and that was none other that Mizu, but I couldn't help but notice the commotion coming from the street, a group of people gathered around a single area. Whatever it is I hope that Mizu isn't tangled up in all of it.

Descending from the rooftop, quite skilfully if I do say so myself, I made my way over to the gathering place and pushed my way through the crowd, with ceremony than you very much. I do know how to behave, and no one seemed to really take notice of me anyway, so it wasn't that hard to get through. Instead of going in completely I stood at the doorway just like everyone else and peeped through at the scene. There was this woman, she was dressed an awful lot like one of those gypsies, and then there was this other guy that she was facing, who looked like and talked like a pirate. And if he looked like a pirate and he talked like a pirate, then he must in fact be a pirate. After watching the scene for a short while longer, I detached my gaze from them and glanced around for Mizu. I couldn't see her anywhere which meant she was probably elsewhere, safely away from all the commotion. With a final look at the pirate and the gypsy I turned and stalked off, with the rest oif the crowd following suit when they realized that they had better things that they ought to be doing. "Mizu! Mizu!!!" Several people turned to stare at me while I hollered my lungs out, but I ignored the hell out of them for the most part and kept screaming even louder. And my shouts were not anything soft and cuddly either. I had a deep voice, not necessarily rough or anything since it was quite smooth, but it had a depth to it that made most people stop to listen when I spoke, and right now I found that I was attracting the gaze of a small gaggle of women who kept giggling and blushing at me in such an open manner. I only smiled my signature smile at the lot and turned tail and headed back in the direction that I had just come from. I was heading back to where the crowd had only just dispersed and right back into the path of the pirate and the gypsy. Maybe I should really stay and see what they're up to while I wait for Mizu. Standing in the doorway, I was a hulking mass of flesh that blocked some of the sunlight shining in as well the only entrance and exit into and out of the establishment. Such was the nature of my brazen nosiness.

[EA] Earth Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff