Earth Bending Academy and Training Grounds Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:46 pm
In the middle ring resides a large well established Earth bending academy. Attached to the academy are a serious of training grounds geared specifically for earth bending training.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:59 am
User Image
Ȥaiaku Xantus Tenshi

Earthbender...

User ImageUser Image
╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗

Walking up to the academy, the black-haired teen looked up at the great structure where many well-known and powerful Earth Benders have all started from: The basis of earth-bending that'll eventually branch off into different special styles of manipulation should one hone his or her skill enough. However, there was a lack of presence...presence of others. Perhaps they are out? Zai thought as he walked into it's domain. Unfortunately, it looks as if no one has been here for awhile, which meant there was no telling if anyone would come or not. Only one way to find out; Zai stood there with his arms crossed. The wind blew through the open door and windows, catching the sash around his eyes making it flap in the wind along with his jacket. The cool air brushing against his skin as he walked around searching for a sign of life.

Dandii Lions

╚══════════════════════════════════════════╝

....Twin Sword user

Novoa_Dragon

Sirius927

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:52 am
A young man around the age of seventeen strode to the door of the academy, strangely opened already. The man walked inside, a traditional Earth Kingdom battle helmet strapped to his back from his neck. Kenshin Ryou did not wear what most earthbenders in the kingdom traditionally wore, settling for light fitting and easy to maneuver garb rather than the bulky outfits of Earth Kingdom soldiers. His hazel eyes scanned the room and landed on the other boy in the room. "Oi, oi, look what we have here Takuma." Kenshin smirked as his pet Saber Tooth Moose Lion yawned from his resting place on his shoulder. "Looks like I wasn't the only one with training on his mind, ya?" Kenshin, ever the one for manners, bowed in traditional Earth Kingdom fashion, his two-handed blade Hikaru revealing itself on his back. "Kenshin Ryou, but please, call me Kenshin. A pleasure to meet you...?" Kenshin raised an eyebrow at the stranger, expecting him to introduce himself in turn.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:26 pm
User Image
Ȥaiaku Xantus Tenshi

Earthbender...

User ImageUser Image
╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗

Zai turned to see the greeting young man who introduced himself, bowing slightly in return. "Zai Tenshi" He said, finishing introductions with the stranger as he glanced over at the animal that was yawning on his shoulder. While he wore a blindfold, whether or not he was actually blind was unknown. "I was hoping there would be a teacher here for instruction. Unfortunately, I was wrong." He said, the hint of unhappiness in his voice as he mentioned the lack of a teacher present. He'd rather be taught then learn by himself.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════╝

....Twin Sword user

Novoa_Dragon

Sirius927

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:51 am
Kenshin smiled at the returned introduction. "A pleasure." He raised a quizzical eyebrow at the blindfold on the other boy and made his way up to him so he would not have to shout, it seemed Zai had stopped pacing for the moment anyway. Kenshin, his curiosity getting the better of him finally allowed himself a question. "It's odd to see any kind of bender who fights blindly, though badgermoles don't seem to have a problem with it. Sorry if I came off a bit rude, I'm the curious sort by nature haha." Kenshin tried to make light of the situation, it was nice to see someone here he could talk to, he thought this was going to be a drag... Though he didn't mind the prospect of teaching himself, and he certainly wasn't going to let his training be hindered by some no show teachers. "Well I don't know about you, but I bet I can teach myself ten times better than any of these academy teachers! Hnn! Isn't that right Takuma?" The Saber Tooth Moose Lion yipped his agreement as Kenshin stamped his foot on the ground. "By the time I'm done I'll be able to take over this Academy!" Kenshin was a brash and straightforward character alright, a fire burned behind his eyes as determination swept over his face.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:31 am
User Image

NPC Fry

A large thunk of footsteps can be heard just before a man arrived. He had no shirt on but he was caring a few in his hands. "Alright lady's, LINE UP! FRONT IN CENTER!" He shout out to them. Though there's only two students from the looks of things. "Alright maggots, I only want to ask you one question out of you.... Which shirt looks good on me?" He suddenly gave out a random question to them. It would explain about the shirts he was carrying. Maybe more so of why he was a bit late arriving for their training.

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sirius927

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:11 pm
At first Kenshin was taken aback by the trainer's shouts Ladies? Who does this guy think he is?!. This irritated Kenshin quite a bit but his surprise won over his frustration as Fry had been standing behind the boy after all and the Earthbender trainee wasn't really expecting the loud noise. Takuma practically leaped off Kenshin's shoulder in surprise. The young Earthbender trainee looked at Fry with attention at first, but when the instructor decided to ask the two of them about fashion advice, a rather noticeable sweat drop rolled down the side of Kenshin's face. Is this guy for real? The boy thought before stepping forward. "Hey, this is an Earthbending training academy, not a fashion show! What's the big idea of you coming in here just to ask us that?!" Kenshin was a little irritated that this instructor didn't seem to take the training seriously, he shook his head in sheer disbelief. Their trainer certainly seemed like an odd character, he just hoped the training was worth it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:12 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

Fry eyed down to Kenshin, hearing him giving a rood tone to his teacher. Though he expected much... He sighed to himself. "Well sorry for asking for any advice for my date tonight!" He reply to him with the heavy stone onto it. Fry look back two of his shirts in his hand before he decided to throw it behind him. "What ever. I'll just be shirtless for now." He finally decided.

He look back to the new students with hands by his side."Okay! So all of you want to know the ways of bending the earth! Right? GOOD! Let's go strait to business." He gave out his rowing voice as he gets to the point. "FIRST OFF! Let's see you can even move the stone. Spread your legs, have your feet planted down onto the ground and feel the surface with you toes." He said as he was doing it himself. He was shoeless just as he is shirtless. "Be soled as the stone just as their body is stronger than flesh. To over come the stones, you must force and have it in your command. Strength is what the rocks are and so shall we!" He took a simple step and the floor beneath him crackle and brake with in the strength of his bending. He moved his hands and bits of the broken stones come up in his command than he have the things flying tours the dummy. "Once you are able to move the rocks, let's see you can even aim with them." He gave the students to try.

Traditional Earthbending
Stage 1 = 6 post

Skills = 2post
Rock throw

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sirius927

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:29 pm
((I'm just gonna keep it one post, if that's alright. Multiple paragraphs of course.))

Kenshin chuckled at his teacher's rather offended reply and was happy to see they had moved on from that and onto training. "But in all seriousness, go with the orange, suits you better." Kenshin said with a smile as Takuma hopped off of his shoulder and ran to a corner where he wouldn't be training.

Kenshin, who never wore shoes either, spread his feet apart, a powerful and sturdy stance. Force he could do, and his head was about as hard as a rock anyway. He felt the ground and took in the feeling of the earth, reaching out to it in a sense. When the young man felt he had gotten that down he smiled and moved onto the next step following the instructor's advice to the T.

Traditional Style Stage 1 ((1/6))

Be solid as the rock, well Kenshin was about as aggressive and stubborn as they come. He felt his stance and gained a sense of how he was held up. He took a little while longer to perfect the stance and decided it was time to up the ante a little bit.

Traditional Style Stage 1 ((2/6))

Kenshin then ran through the different styles and movements he saw in his instructor. Copying the moves he thrust his arms and fists forward and began to mix it up a little. He threw in some kicks and other things he had picked up from watching other earthbenders. He sighed however when nothing happened. Putting on a scowl Kenshin pushed onward, refusing to beat by anything, especially himself.

Traditional Style Stage 1 ((3/6))

"Huah!" Kenshin shouted as he thrust his arms forward, he had stopped the more advanced moves as he decided they were better saved for later but he noticed a few stones he concentrated on budged a bit. It wasn't much to gawk at but it was improvement. Kenshin stamped his foot down on the ground and felt a small rumble in front of him.

Traditional Style Stage 1 ((4/6))

Earthbending didn't seem to be very difficult to understand, his personality was a perfect fit however. Practicing his thrust he noticed a few larger stones were pushed away a bit, not enough to deal considerable force yet, but close. Kenshin stamped the ground again with his foot and the spot in front of him rose even higher. A confident smile bestowed the young man's face as he felt himself improving.

Traditional Style Stage 1 ((5/6))

Kenshin focused on the small stones from earlier, willing them to rise with his bending. It took less effort than he thought and he punched forward, throwing the stones at the dummy, but doing nothing in terms of damage. The stones bounced off of Kenshin's target harmlessly. The young earthbender grimaced at the lack of damage and looked at the ground where he had stamped before, it was time to get serious.

Traditional Style Stage 1 Learned!

"Alright let's do this!" Kenshin stamped the ground again and this time the rock almost lifted from the ground. He could feel his bending becoming stronger as his confidence and assertiveness grew. He moved to an unused area of the training academy and stomped on the ground there, a decently sized rock burst forth from the ground with a good amount of force. Kenshin held the rock there and started to take aim with the rock.

Rock Throw ((1/2))

Kenshin thrust his fist towards the rock and sent it flying at the dummy, but he missed, in fact he missed quite badly. Kenshin growled at his poor looking throw and lifted another rock from the ground. Fierce determination covered his face as he took even better aim at his target, looking with an intent to destroy said dummy. "Let's go! Kenshin thrust his fist forward again sent the rock screaming at the target, it was a perfect hit this time and the rock in fact went straight through the dummy's chest. The young earthbender grinned at his success and stood up straight, hands across his chest with a victorious smile on his face.

Rock Throw Learned!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:23 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

Fry smiled from Kenshin's proses. He is going on confident and full of pride. A lot of energy is what the kids need of starting out the bending. "Very good! You really want to get stronger and be at the top, right? Hahaha! That's the spirit!" He try's to be a little cheerful to the beginners. "Now next we will be learning more about the power of strength with the rocks. Not only we can use the stones as strong attacks but also a strong defense!" With that said, he raised up his feet and stump once to raise up a perfect wall of soled stone infront of Fry. Behind his wall, stump again to only bend the wall back into the earth. "With that, you can use it to protect yourself from your opponents attacks. Now lastly is a deadly move." He added, moving on to the next skill. With a stomp an medium sized spike came up from the ground. With a thrust forward, a single pointy stone detached from the ground and launched like a missile at the dummy and damage it. "Now try as I did. I expect non of you will use this so freely." He warn them. Spikes are a bit too deadly when fighting people .

Skills= 2 post each
Rock Wall
Stone Spike

((One post out of the number is fine with me. More cleaner than one at a time. :] ))

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sirius927

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:12 pm
Kenshin smiled at his instructor, who had noticed the young man's considerable drive and determination. Kenshin bumped his fist of his chest with pride. "Of course I won't stop. I want to be the best earthbender around, and I won't stop until I achieve that goal!" Kenshin, despite his bravado, was paying full attention to Fry's teachings as he said them.

The young earthbender nodded at Fry's demonstrations and went to work. Returning to his stance Kenshin stamped his foot on the ground. He had the basic idea of raising earth from the ground from his rock throw. He just had to switch up what he wanted to be produced from the earth, a wall instead of a rock. The first time yielded a rock that stayed lodged in the ground. Well he had one part right anyway. Kenshin grinned as he knew what had to do in order to turn the rock into a wall.

Rock Wall ((1/2))

Kenshin moved to an undisturbed patch of earth and concentrated. Stomping down his foot once more a large slab of rock rose from the ground and held its place in front of Kenshin. The young man gave a prideful look and patted the wall. "Ha! Nothing's getting through that wall! Solid defense!" Kenshin stated with a grin before moving on to the Stone Spike.

Rock Wall Learned!

The Stone Spike was similar to Rock Throw, only this time the earth produced from the ground had to be sharp and pointed. Well that's obvious enough, it's a spike after all. Kenshin shook his head and stomped on the ground, producing a decent sized jagged rock, but not a spike. This didn't seem to faze the boy however as he had a look of understanding on his face.

Stone Spike ((1/2))

Kenshin tossed the rock somewhere out of the way and proceeded to stomp once more into the ground, this time producing a perfectly cut stone spike from the ground. It was about medium size but required more effort to produce on his part than Fry of course. Kenshin kicked out at the top of the rock, detaching the top part of the spike and sending it hurdling towards the dummy, tearing the target's 'head' off. Kenshin produced another victorious grin as he seemed very pleased with his work.

Stone Spike Learned!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:23 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

Fry isn't sure what kind of goal he was reaching for, but it must be something big. "Well you're moving quite well! Before I will give you the Novice test to gain the rank, I want to teach you the other stage from Shifting Earth." Fry thinks this will be an exstray bonus for his hard work. "So here's the thing... When in battle, you can't really go strait on into battle. From experience, you really got to think in battle with the use of the earth. There's a possibility that your opponents can dodge and go around your attack and defense. So here's a tip to help you out to get a edge in your battles." He gave a prideful smirk to the young fighter. He might not like the new bending style to much.

"In Shifting the earth, I don't want you make and control peaces of rocks, but to grinned them down. Making the ground more soft, because it give you more idea of using it to your upper hand. This bending style is all about sinking deep into the earth. To start off, I want you to sweep your feet around and actually brake the surface with your bare feet." To show what he means, he moved his own just arose of him. His feet latterly scraping just the stone on the surface and sweep it across his feet's path. He moved his feet backward than sinked his foot into the ground with only rubble's around it. "This way, you can feel well deep inside of the earth. Feels great between your toes." Thinking it as the same with water or sand when resting in a beach.

Shifting Earth
stage 1= 6 post

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sirius927

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 am
Kenshin nodded, he would have to find a way to apply his aggressive and forceful nature towards this new style. After a moment of thinking of how he would apply this, once again trying to follow the instructor who had just told him that in battle thinking is critical. He began to sweep his feet across the ground getting a feel of the earth.

Shifting Earth Stage 1 ((1/6))

As he continued to sweep his feet he applied his bending a bit at a time. However, it proved more difficult than he thought, as he seemed to be trying to crack the earth without softening it. The whole idea of softening the earth being rather foreign to him. Kenshin grunted in some frustration as he continued to sweep his feet across the ground, trying to visualize what he needed to do and what it looked like.

Shifting Earth Stage 1 ((2/6))

Obviously Kenshin was only learning the style at this point, not any particular skill to apply said style to. Style was hardest, but he persevered, this time focusing his bending on the earth beneath the surface. He began to feel the earth that lie under the surface. Feels kind of weird actually, heh. The next order of business for him was to start breaking that earth up in order to soften the earth, but Kenshin had little idea of how to do so. The Traditional Style did not require such an intricate break down of stone and earth as this.

Shifting Earth Stage 1 ((3/6))

Kenshin decided to start out by exerting more control on the earth beneath the surface, as that is what he would be bending. This did not prove to be too difficult as Kenshin had to have some sort of sense and control on the earth below in the Traditional Style as well. In a few minutes Kenshin had established a firm control over the earth under the surface.

Shifting Earth Stage 1 ((4/6))

It was at this time Kenshin discovered how he would adapt his aggressive and forthright nature into his bending. The boy had a perfect personality for earthbending, resilient and unwavering, and now he knew how to handle the Shifting Earth Style, by dominating the earth below the surface. He already knew how to break stone apart, but this was on a different level, not breaking of small pieces but instead reducing large amounts of rock to rubble while keeping it underground. This required a more fine tuned control, and in order to take care of that amount of rock Kenshin had to take complete control of the earth he was bending.

Shifting Earth Stage 1 ((5/6))

Kenshin stood for a bit, he had put most of the pieces together and now just needed to fit them all at once. He continued his sweeping motions and focused his bending at his feet. Kenshin had taken control of the earth, he could feel it. A rumble could be heard as he began to grind the earth beneath him down, reducing it to rubble. As he went Kenshin began to shift sections of the earth, breaking it apart with deft quick movements of his feet. Kenshin turned to his sensei and smiled before jumping up and slamming his feet into the ground, his feet sinking into the earth comfortably. He grinned at Fry. "Wow, you're right, this feels great!" Kenshin said with a chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head.

Shifting Earth Stage 1 Learned!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:18 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

"Haha! That's right, it's much cooler under the ground that the surface with the sun baked it down." He replied. He'll look the bright side just about everything. Good amount of happiness is good for the spirit. "Alright, let's work on the main good use for them. The shifting you just did can actually be send tours any direction you want. Benders, and many other fighting style knows that the feet is very important of a ready stance and any moves they could preform. Hell, feet are very important since we can walk on dry land! Or we will be swimming around like wimpy fishes, Hahaha!" He's talking crazy talk. "Anyway! With will, you can send the shifting ground tours you opponents to get off their guard and footing." He shut him self to show it what he meant. Just as Kenshin just learned crumble up the ground, Fry actually only pushed his one foot forward and a chain of cracks go's strait tours the dummy. It fell over since it was only held up by a stick barred in the ground.

"Here's a fun thing you can also do. I'm sure you boys like using it to trap your buddy's in it. Making a pit with your bending is much easier than using a shovel. You just have to do this..." With a bit of his big toe to draw a small circlet for a example. With a big stump, the ground sinks 10feet downward with in a blink.

"And one more thing before I forget, is the Mud Slick." Before say anything more, He shifted hes feet around and moved his whole body of changing the ground with his bending. He made the ground beneath him no longer rubble and dust, but almost like sand yet more like muck. "Amazingly, we benders have a way to make the ground mucky with out the use of water. It's not that thick and get the suction to your feet, but it is slippery to the feel of it and that's close enough." He told the last skills for him to learned.

Shifting Earth
Skills= 2 post each

Shifting Earth (Yes, this one is a skill. XD)
Pit Fall
Mud Slick

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sirius927

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:46 pm
Listening to everything Fry said, minus the crazy talk, Kenshin lifted his feet from the ground and bent away the rocks that clung to his feet and in between his toes. He nodded to Fry and placed his foot on the ground. Practicing his shifting motion he noticed a small rumbling as he wasn't really focusing his bending on a specific area the move had no real effect on the earth. Kenshin grinned once the motion was perfected.

Shifting Earth ((1/2))

Kenshin now focused on a section of earth and forcefully pushed his foot forward towards a dummy, the earth cracked and broke away. The force of Kenshin's bending sending a chunk of earth screaming at the dummy he was targeting, effectively smashing it under the force.

Shifting Earth Learned

Onto the next move and boy did it ever look fun. Kenshin smiled as he knew this was going to be awesome to use, even just for fun. He watched his sensei's motions and imprinted them in his mind. Twisting his foot comfortably on the ground and then finishing with a stomp. Seemed easy enough, Kenshin practiced this for a while and continued to do so until he got the hang of it, feeling that he was ready, he turned to target another helpless dummy.

Pit Fall ((1/2))

Kenshin made a small circle using his foot, eyeing the dummy the whole time. Once he finished the circle he stamped it with force. The result was very gratifying and Kenshin couldn't resist laughing at the sorry state the dummy was in. Buried all the way up to its neck and lodged quite firmly into the ground. The young man smiled and rubbed the back of his head before stomping the ground again and launching the dummy out of the hole it was encased in.

Pit Fall Learned!

The next move, the Mud Slick, seemed to be rather simple. If anything it was just further softening the earth below him, turning it into an effective form of grease that he could use to knock people off their feet. Kenshin decided it would likely be best to use the move on himself, since it wouldn't really hurt him anyway. He began to shift his feet and body in order to change the very essence of the earth.

Mud Slick ((1/2))

Focusing on the ground that he was directly standing on Kenshin shifted his feet and body and ended up in the final stance. At this point the earth beneath him had gone from solid to liquid almost, it still retained a thickness to it, but soon Kenshin found he could no longer hold his balance and he fell into the muck. He rose up from the mud and looked down at himself before laughing at how he looked. He grinned, pearly white teeth greatly contrasting his muck covered face. He crossed his arms and bent the earth from his body. "Ha! Who needs showers?"

Mud Slick Learned!

[EA] Ba Sing Se

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces