Reply Kamen Rider heroes of the world
So Figuarts Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katsumi Daido

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:06 am
Doesn't it just irk you when a figure should come with something and it, just doesn't?

Examples from the figuarts that I have:
I don't so much think that OOO is lacking in any accessories, but his ankle joints are, really lackluster I think. (think I prefer the double hinge joint for the ankle that as an example, CJ W has.)

I'd rather have liked W Cyclone Joker to have come with a third wind stabilizer option, though what he has is fine.

Faiz, maybe the Axel bracer? Just to slip onto his wrist, I think he wore it but used it infrequently in the series after he got it. Not going to complain about Faiz's accessories, he's the accessory guy.

Den-o Climax Form. the only think I think was a missed opportunity was the wrist balljoints being a little weak. (well, that and no Super CLimax form attachment, come on, it would have been 3 extra pieces of plastic, he's already got a thousand extra parts already..)

I'm kicking myself that I didn't get Punch Hopper at the same time as Kick Hopper. Punch Hopper's price seems to have skyrocketed from 30 to 100 with the rerelease of Kick Hopper. I don't think they missed anything, far from with these figures (Well, I assume Punch Hopper isn't missing anything, I don't have him)

And... when I return home.... Agito Ground form. I am not going to buy Trinity form which appeared in the series for 2 episodes, just to get 2 small calm open hand pieces of plastic. 100 dollars is a lot to get those calm open hands. I can see how good trinity form looks, but, come on, 2 episodes out of 51, that's like releasing Eternal with some piece that should be included in Cyclone Joker but wasn't for some reason. If I had the money I'd get all of the figuarts of Agito, (storm, flame, trinity, haven't looked for Burning or Shining) but... come on... The Machine Tornader which is supposed to have the hands also costs like 250. Really exclusives? you can't just have, I don't know, things that should be exclusive as exclusive? And what in the world possessed you to make the rage hands for Agito? all you had to do was take that, move the fingers closer together, and not make the thumb claw arc'd and it'd be his calm hands... seriously.

This is not so much me talking about how great figuarts are, which they are fantastic and (mostly) affordable and well worth the money for the posability and detail, as it is me complaining about missing accessories that should be there.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:26 pm
I tried really hard to get into this and never got very far (only about 3). RHS is always going to be my priority. I do like to look at peoples collections of "arts" though. I'm always looking for display ideas and curious how people handle things like what you talk about.

To your knowledge is there any good collector/customizer site for Figurearts that we can refer to that's not a store?

My equivalent would be something like this:

http://www.geocities.jp/r_straight_flush/ (the button that looks like 限定品 is my favorite category.)

Is there anything such as this for the Figurearts community? Do you collect S.I.C as well?  

inui takumi
Vice Captain

Thirteenth Rogue

Katsumi Daido

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am
Some SIC designs. I'm a fan of Kabuto, Stronger, Amazon, and W's SIC designs. I admit I haven't looked too much into the Super Imaginative Chogokin line much, though I do like how they try to cover more things than the SHF, which goes for looking good and having the right posability. but not form changing.

I've been thinking of Customizing the second Faiz figure that I have. maybe do a bit of work with some paint and maybe some metallic paints.

I really wish there was a Chalice SH figarts. the SIC Wild form might be worth me picking up though. SHF doesn't seem to include all of the figures that I want, while SIC does. I just like how accurate SHF is compared the the stylization of SIC. It's like, what they'd look like if they were made with actual technology compared to advanced tech like in the shows.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:56 pm
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/75977_444236145588560_1791945864_n.jpg

..soooo~ SHF ANYONE?

I just started collecting them SHFs.
Im loving how balanced and pose friendly they are.  

Bad Engrish

Man-Hungry Capitalist

8,275 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Profitable 100

inui takumi
Vice Captain

Thirteenth Rogue

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:13 pm
Cool Sasuke in that pic. Anyway, I like the SHF. I also have my Faiz S-RHF series and Dark Kabuto from Kabuto C.O.R. I know its not the same but I like it.

Another line I want to get into is http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/premiumclub/ ... If only they would cough up the long rumored Inui Takumi figure.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:56 am
I'm still waiting for Chalice. but, I've been eyeing the gokaiger figures actually.

That's a neat picture on posability and balance.
I try to be real careful with what figuarts I get. limited money you know.  

Katsumi Daido

inui takumi
Vice Captain

Thirteenth Rogue

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:10 pm
There is still no Delta, is there?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:50 am
Inui Takumi
There is still no Delta, is there?

Not to my knowledge.
I do like the delta design, but, I feel the low amount of accessories is stopping me from really wanting one that badly. (I grabbed Agito ground form despite knowing that of his three accessories only 1 makes sense and the other two should be something else.)

Maybe if there was the Jet Sliger. (spelling?) because I still really like that motorcycle design above most of the other riders. (though the Hard Boilder, the Machine Kivaa, and the Machine Tornader are pretty sweet looking as well. not a huge fan of most of the other heisei bikes much, not sure why)

Though Faiz, Faiz Axel, Faiz Blaster, and Xaixa seem pretty sweet. I've got two faiz that I'm going to be altering one of them.  

Katsumi Daido

inui takumi
Vice Captain

Thirteenth Rogue

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:03 pm
Yes good points. I just had an idea of how they could make up for the lack of Delta gear by putting him (her) in a special box set with a Jetsriger. Like this Kaixa from a previous line. Imagine the possibilities surprised

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:55 pm
Then again, certain figuarts really lack in accessories.
Most of the Showa riders I can understand coming with maybe 4 extra hands, and other riders just fit right with a very limited amount of accessories. but, the price point being the same for every figuarts at base price, really should vary based on accessories. Agito ground form, should not have cost basically the same as Den-o Climax form for example. (yes I know I didn't get an image with Agito with his accessories packaged, but, aside from the base Agito form, this is all he gets) and I am also aware that Den-o Climax form uses all of those parts to move Urataros, Kintaros, and Ryuutaros around all over his body. That sounded a lot less perverse in my head)  

Katsumi Daido

Panic!_at_the_Tragedy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 pm
I love figuarts! I have a small collection.

Also speaking of Faiz the thing that bugs me big about his figuarts is his fingertips aren't silver for show accurate. That's kind of a big QC error imo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 pm
Panic!_at_the_Tragedy

Also speaking of Faiz the thing that bugs me big about his figuarts is his fingertips aren't silver for show accurate. That's kind of a big QC error imo.
I don't think it's quality control error, all of the faiz figuarts are like that. I think it was to save money and getting small paint details like that gets tricky on parts that aren't flat/easy to do like details on belts.  

Katsumi Daido

Panic!_at_the_Tragedy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:34 pm
Katsumi Daido
Panic!_at_the_Tragedy

I don't think it's quality control error, all of the faiz figuarts are like that. I think it was to save money and getting small paint details like that gets tricky on parts that aren't flat/easy to do like details on belts.

Wow that's still kind of a bad error. Especially since figuarts are suppose to be detailed and show accurate.
If I ever got a faiz figuart I'd probably find a tutorial to do the silver tips.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 am
I can understand why they didn't do it. there'd be a high chance of getting silver paint in places it's not supposed to be. and it's easier to add paint then to remove paint.

That is why I have two Faiz figures. one I plan on doing a little paint work.
also I wish they'd make more figuarts, both the sic and the sh lines. sic maybe the form changing series ones, I liked those a lot.

and a lot of SH figuarts I feel they should really have but don't. (or things they're missing. Like why the heck does Den-o Climax form not have the extra component part to create Super Climax form? it's got every other freaking part.  

Katsumi Daido

Panic!_at_the_Tragedy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:48 pm
Since this is a figuart thread I might as well post pictures.

User Image  
Kamen Rider heroes of the world

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces