The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:10 pm
The Shivering Mountain is one of the largest "mountains" in the world, though it's really just a collection of snow and ice. It is several towering figures of ice all bound together, and inside of this vast collection of towering figures is a whole new world of animal life. The animals here prosper, meaning they are in good health and very capable of evading pursuit. The number of them is also frightening, so people don't often come here unless they hold a great number of allies. However, there are many little areas where a Buffalo Yak or other creature may have wandered off to, and hunters take these opportunities.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:42 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

The one whos fists flow like the gentle river.

Climbing across the ice hills and cliffs wasn't that differend from the mountains during his journey in the Earth Kingdom. Only this time you weren't fearing falling rocks or crumbling footholds, instead you had to deal with slippery ice and avalanches, also freezing winds of below 0. Reaching the top of one of the inclines, he looks down to see the vast amount of wildlife below. There was just enough heat down below that water was able to flow in several small streams, giving Yun the advantage other than the water skin he carried to use as ammunition. He slides down and then approaches a heard of Yaks. He stops twenty feet away and crouches down in the snow, observing their movements.  

Cain the Blade

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:11 pm
(Uuh, I planned on playing through the whole journey, but I'll go with this anyway, though the test will be just as long. And possibly more difficult.)

The many Buffalo Yaks were bunched up closely together, eating their daily meal. The young, the old, and the ones between those two fields of age. They were all together; and this formation was infallible. They also already noticed him, so it wasn't like he was hiding from them. They just didn't fear him. Buffalo Yaks were spiritual creatures, and they knew the talent of benders. Yun Sung was still growing, and thus was not a danger. They remained in their formation, protecting their young, keeping away from the peering eyes. He'd have to find a better way to do this than to try and fool their animal senses. He'd have to use force, in some way, but use it carefully. Animals had a weakness; their lack of intellect. This could be exploited, but Yun needed an idea of what to exploit. What was the most relevant "object" to their safety, and how could he rid them of this?  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun continued to observe the animals. They had already noticed him, but they were calm, as if they constantly dealt with humans. Yun watched them, unmoving. He then looked around. To catch one, he would have to get it close enough to him. He turned to the stream and approached it. He entered his waterbending stance and began to bend the water. Creating a semi large sphere of water, he walks over to the herd. He stops around four feet away from what looked to be the alpha-male, the strongest one in the herd. He holds out the orb of water, sort as a gift for the animal to drink from. He stayed calm and showed no signs of hostility.  

Cain the Blade

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 pm
The Buffalo Yak just looked at him with an awkward expression of displeasement. They were wholly surrounded by water -- everything around them was water, whole loads of it. Why would they need any more? The Yaks went back to eating, unaffected by the advances of the budding Water Tribesman. The method of gaining one of them was simple, but he needed a real, legitimate plan. One that didn't involve ritual offerings, since they were prosperous and not lacking in any food... and certainly not lacking in the most common liquid material there was around here.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:17 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun growled a bit. He stared at the beast as his face turned to that animalistic state. He moved his arms and launched the water at the Yak's face and into it's eyes. Immediatly, he moved and jumped onto the back of the bull, grabbing it's horns and holding on for dear life. This was where the fun began.  

Cain the Blade

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:51 pm
Rather than get hit in the eyes by Yun's waterbending, the Yak butted his forehead against the water, charging forward which in effect would dismantle Yun's attack, sending the boy falling off of him because of the force and speed of his movement. Simply put, Yun would come tumbling down his sides because before he could even gain balance or a threshold, he'd meet a fierce resistance. If and once Yun fell from the back of the creature, he would proceed to be assaulted and stepped on by many other Yaks for trying to hurt one of their own. Rather than break their formation -- like he should've done before they were rallied -- he incited their anger and acted as if he were a brutish firebender, not acted with patience and eloquence like a waterbender. He didn't act like a spiral; he acted like a straight line. A straight fist. Moving in the wrong path.

And he'd be rewarded for this in many painful ways. Those who destroyed, were destroyed.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:59 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun pulled himself up after being thrown to the ground and immediatly moved to dodge the charging beasts. Watching them run ahead of him, he turned and looked at the one who attempted to tame. He bended the water from his waterskin and launched several bullets at the a** of the beast. He whistled as the beast would turn it's attention to him.

"Come on you ugly thing!"

Yun would turn and start running towards a cliff wall, a wall of solid ice. He stopped and turned around, starring down at the charging bull.  

Cain the Blade

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:17 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The city is f a l l i ng . . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on m e . . .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I can't h o l d it . . .
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The city is f a l l i ng . . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on m e . . .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I can't h o l d it . . .
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The city is f a l l i ng . . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on m e . . .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I can't h o l d it . . .

XXXXXXXXXXXXX______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMy eyes XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXfor my country XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXand its demise
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMy eyes XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXfor my country XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXand its demise

XXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX⤴⤴XXXX XXXX⤴⤴XXXX
XXXXUser Image
XXXXXXX"I am the ocean..."
From behind Yun, the ice would charge forward and create a prison around him. One too strong for any of his waterbending to break, and one too barred for him to slip through. Taka slid across the ice in his water tribe garments, Bungie leaping beside him. His eyes were full of rage. His arms rose up as if pulling the energy from the ground, but then dropped very quickly. The cage could compress itself even further. "How dare you!" Even for a Waterbender, Taka's caring spirit towards animals was especially great. And that was saying a lot. But not much if he was compared to Yun, it seemed. "Waterbenders are supposed to be kind to the environment; caring towards animals, gentle with all life! We're all a part of the spiral, and some portions of the spiral can't go butting into the other areas and knocking them out of the way! Violence is not any way to do these things! We have to be kind to something if we want it to trust us!" He wasn't sure where the switch flipped, but the switch probably flipped and broke. He was suppressing the desire to inflict pain on Yun, but only because inflicting pain was primitive and the punishment you'd expect a firebender to perform. He was just angry. He had every right to be. Waterbenders and Airbenders both had such an astounding reputation for how they treated animals, and yet it was for naught. People like this... people like this...

...Really drove him insane.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:26 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

"You dumb old man, you think I didn't already know that and already have something planned out?"

Yun pointed his finger upwards at what was above the ice wall: snow. Fresh snow that was built up over the many days of falling. However, it was easily loosened by the slightest of vibrations. Not an avalanche, but it would break and cover the ice wall with thick mound of snow. Yun punched his fist into his other hand.

"While you have been stuck here old man, I have traveled and learned from it. Even a water bender must use an unorthadox technique in order to gain the trust of something, now let me out and I will show you how its done."  

Cain the Blade

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The city is f a l l i ng . . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on m e . . .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I can't h o l d it . . .

XXXXXXXXXXXXX______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image

XXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX⤴⤴XXXX XXXX⤴⤴XXXX
XXXXUser Image
XXXXXXX"I am the ocean..."
Was Yun really mouthing off to him? He had to be unlike any other waterbender he knew; he had no respect for anything but himself. And he'd be punished for that. "Oh, I knew your plan. I'm a Master Waterbender, Yun. If I had to be honest, I'd say I'm the best in the world. Your plan was simple, and I saw it. That's why I intervened. Your "plan" was just more violence. More unnecessary pain against this creature, and it's pointless. Because I've been here almost my whole life, I know these creatures better than you. They would never trust anyone who tried to persuade them with violence. They're gentle creatures. They need time, and patience, and you had to ruin the peaceful atmosphere of such a calm area. They didn't fear you, and didn't run from you, because of the trust that the Tribes have built with them. But now, any time a human comes here, the Buffalo Yaks will run and run into danger, the cold, and pain. This place of tranquility for them will become a place of fear. It's not difficult to permanently sever our relationships with the animals; just look at how many species already run from humans." He didn't know what to say past that. He was angry, and... he knew that Yun needed discipline. Without the mindset, he could never be a proper waterbender. It wasn't all just philosophical nonsense. Waterbenders were led by peace, and those who had no peace inside of them would have no talent in the bending arts.

He wasn't sure what to do with Yun. It was illegal to attack animals here, but he wouldn't give him that punishment. Instead, he understood that the man just needed to be set on the right path. Waterbending and earthbending were very different. He just needed... to get Yun back into the mindset of the motherland. "I'm younger than you, by the way. So don't call me old man. We're going back to the Northern Tribe and you are going to face a different test. You've failed this one. You did everything that I'd never want you to do: acting like a reckless, muscle-headed brute with no respect for our laws even after all of our hospitality. You want to break how we do things here. But this tradition is how we survive, and how the world keeps balance, and it will never change." He jumped onto the back of Bungie, the frog sliding across the ice as if it were gliding through the arctic. Taka dragged Yun's cage along with him by waterbending, with Yun still stuck inside. They were moving very quickly, but Taka trusted Bungie to keep them on a safe path as he focused on moving Yun's Cage with the very bending the boy seemed to reject and abuse. [exit]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:52 pm
[exit]  

Cain the Blade

[WT] North Pole - Northern Water Tribe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas