Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
umbraja (Vice Captain) *on hiatus*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

umbraja
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:26 am
Personal
Around Gaia I'm called umbraja but to people who know me it's Mel. I've been in the SDRP for a good long while now but have recently come back from a long sabbatical. I'm online fairly often, usually during the work day, and try to respond to PMs within the next few days. I'm generally a friendly and helpful person so don't be afraid to say hi.

Feel free to post replies in this thread (quote me if you want a reply) but if you've got a serious question or concern send a PM to be sure I see it.

Crewness
I've been a member of the SDRP Crew since 2012 and acting as Vice Captain for much of that. I'm currently the last Vice Captain left standing so if you've got any problems, questions, comments, suggestions or complaints about this place just send me a PM and I'll get back to you on that. As Vice Captain I am currently working on:
  • Herding Cats!
  • SDRP 10th Anniversary Party! Wooo~
  • Updating our Policies and Procedures as well as any mention of them in official posts (it's an ongoing project)
  • I write most of the official posts (those made under the guild mule) so if you find any typos or out of date information, please, let me know.
  • Revising our Mentor/Tutor Program into the Tutoring Academy which is now starting, Yay~
  • Developing Tutor Curriculum. . . weee?
  • Developing wonderful graphics~

Official Tutor
I'm also one of the Faculty Advisers for the Official SDRP Tutors and am certified as a secondary educator (high school teacher) in English and History with a minor in secondary education. I specialize in world creation, character depth, epic plots, organization, and marketing. I am currently tutoring:
  • Dumpling-san
  • Teaching EDU 101

Role Playing
I've been RPing since 1995, graduated to GMing in 1998, have played too many systems to list, and co-owned a game shop where I ran the table top gaming (sold my share but still go in to play). RP and writing in general are passions of mine that I have dedicated a large portion of my life to and I am generally open to just about anything (though my sci-fi is not so good). I am currently RPing in:
  • Teaching EDU 101
  • Working on a character for KW's reGENesis
  • Planning a walk-in for the 10th Anniversary Party
  • Trying to get Elsewhere back up.

With all this other stuff I'm doing that's about all I can handle right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:20 pm
Hi Mel! o/  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

umbraja
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:45 pm
Oh, hey~

How's you doing? Excited about the summer event?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:46 pm
Definitely! I want to see this thing go down soooo bad.  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

umbraja
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:02 am
Well, get READY TO RUMBLE~

I'm gonna put you up against Siber's Pokemon fighter in just a minute.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:40 pm
umbraja

Official Tutor
I'm also one of the Official SDRP Tutors and am a certified secondary educator (high school teacher) in English and History with a minor in secondary education. I specialize in world creation, character depth, epic plots, organization, and marketing.

I am currently available for students.

GIVE ME.
Lol.
I mean, can you please tutor me? emotion_kirakira I'd love to get better at juggling characters, plot development and such.  

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

umbraja
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:34 am
PoppiHollaPuddelz

GIVE ME.
Lol.
I mean, can you please tutor me? emotion_kirakira I'd love to get better at juggling characters, plot development and such.

Sorry it took a while to respond. I am generally not online most weekends.

If you're up for a group tutoring might I suggest trying out the SDRP Academy, you can find the thread in the main forum.

If you need one-on-one help I guess we'd start with a character. Do you have one in mind?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 am
umbraja
PoppiHollaPuddelz

GIVE ME.
Lol.

Sorry it took a while to respond. I am generally not online most weekends.

If you're up for a group tutoring might I suggest trying out the SDRP Academy, you can find the thread in the main forum.

If you need one-on-one help I guess we'd start with a character. Do you have one in mind?

I've got three, actually. In terms of importance, I'd say Cain's the one to work on most, then Valentine, then Lynn. Awesometastic. I was just about to post.

User ImageUser Image

"Cain"

{Gender} - Male
                    {Age} - Unknown.
                    {Sexuality} - Bisexual
                    {Kingdom} - ~
                    {Status} - Big Baddie~!
                    {Race} - Half demon, with Nephilim and Human blood.
                    {Weapons} - Dagger. There is only one physical one but he can materialise an exact copy for fighting with both hands.
                    {Powers/Skills} - Skilled with virtually any weapon from his extensive training, but most adept at close combat. He can create portals of pure energy, which will transport anything out of the corresponding portal in another place. Cain can hold up to 10 portals simultaneously, (technically, it's 5 pairs - one for in, one for out).
                    {Personality} - Cynical, but glib and smooth in conversation. Cain is one for spreading disease and hatred among the human populace and revels in watching them turn against each other. He doesn't let morals hold him back, but will stop at mindless violence if it hinders his goals in some way.
                    {Bio} - Cain was born long ago to two deeply spiritual parents, who expected him to follow in their footsteps. Having achieved their goal, Cain left the family due to their oppressiveness and insular views, and set out to learn about different religions and philosophies that would unravel the mysteries of the world to him. One night, he got into a particularly heated discussion with his father about their difference in religions, sparking his father's rage. The man pushed his son into the fire out of spite, and it was then that Cain learnt of his powers. He writhed above the fire for what seemed like hours, before opening two portals and sending his unfortunate father into the flames to take his place.

His hate for the human race sparked again after he was found guilty, imprisoned and tortured and then sent to the leader to swear off his religion and atone for his sins. Cain refused to do so, and was struck down and taken to be beheaded; this time he substituted the nearest onlooker and watched with glee as the man was killed instead. Cain ravaged the town, striking down both the innocent and those that were connected to the unfortunate incident. In the ruins of his burning city, he realized that the scores of dead bodies were nothing but a reminder that there was no Supreme Being above that watched over the lives of petty humans. He decided that he himself would take on that role, but the years have left him bored and dissatisfied.

{Likes} -
                    ∆ Challenges
                    ∆ Desperation
                    ∆ Human Nature

{Dislikes} -
                    † Morals
                    † Abstinence
                    † Alliances

{Username} - PoppiHollaPuddelz

First post: [x]  

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

Brimrok

Newbie Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 pm
Looks like you're definitely the person to talk to about what I'm looking for, which is an experienced tutor. I have been out role-playing for a good handful of years and never really had any proper instruction in anything. Probably why many people found it frustrating to deal with me and vice-versa, lol (think Mugen from Champloo). In any case, if you have enough time these days to tutor, I'd like to start with a 1-on-1 so you can discern where I'm at in terms of skill and what I can do to improve. I'm pretty much looking to improve in all areas and are willing to take the time to file the rust and imperfections into a proper edge. If you don't have the time for such a task, I hope you can point me to someone who is.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:38 pm
Grimmvard
Looks like you're definitely the person to talk to about what I'm looking for, which is an experienced tutor. I have been out role-playing for a good handful of years and never really had any proper instruction in anything. Probably why many people found it frustrating to deal with me and vice-versa, lol (think Mugen from Champloo). In any case, if you have enough time these days to tutor, I'd like to start with a 1-on-1 so you can discern where I'm at in terms of skill and what I can do to improve. I'm pretty much looking to improve in all areas and are willing to take the time to file the rust and imperfections into a proper edge. If you don't have the time for such a task, I hope you can point me to someone who is.

Sorry this took so incredibly way to long to get back to you with but I'm back from my extended absence so if you're still interested we're tutoring folks around here again.  

umbraja
Crew

Brimrok

Newbie Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:25 am
umbraja
Sorry this took so incredibly way to long to get back to you with but I'm back from my extended absence so if you're still interested we're tutoring folks around here again.

I'm kind of surprised you actually replied after all this time, especially since I had given up. Heh. In any case, this kind of feels like one of those strings of fate things and I feel a spark to pick things up. If you're still alive even after my month-long response, then message me or what not as to how you would like to proceed.

I like the way things are moving around here too. Thinking of becoming a permanent contributor.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 pm
Just a note of encouragement: hope you recover quickly and smoothly from whatever medical mess you've found yourself in. Know you are loved and missed! heart
And my best to Vay, who is probably just as stressed as you are. So hugs all 'round! wink  

L`Tisha

Magical Explorer

5,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games