Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
[Open] The God of Apathy Wants You~! Plots & RP Please!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 pm
User Image

Oh yeah, that's right. The God of Apathy is indeed looking for a little bit of RP. And by a little bit, I mean a lot of bit.

Name: Nemanja'janan
Domain: Apathy
Personality: Apathetic. No, seriously, he has embraced his domain as a way to cope with a little bit of a traumatic past. Nemanja'janan was raised to be a good guy, but unfortunately, he has always lacked just a touch more empathy and compassion than most. Now a days, he has completely embraced his domain, and does his best to be as devoid of care and emotion as possible. This isn't easy, and he doesn't always stay true to his lack of care, but . . . . he does a damn fine job of it on good days!

Any emotion or cordiality he might show someone is usually purely out of reflexive habit. Granted, Nemanja can feel, but he certainly tries not to . . .

He is neutral when it comes to his domain. Some might look upon him as an evil creature, as he would not step in to save someone, or stop a cub from getting chewed upon. Some might look upon him as a good creature, as he also wouldn't stop a cub from using him as a jungle gym, or letting others eat from a kill. He also, in small doses, can be good around mortals. The residual ring of apathy that radiates from him can calm others down, especially if they are feeling an extreme emotion -- like hate, or grief, or sorrow.

Ultimately though, Nemanja'janan just doesn't care. He sees no purpose in him opening himself up to feelings again. Mostly because the ones he's repressing are . . less than pleasant.

Powers: Nemanja only has two powers, and they're very similar.

Circle of Meh: Nemanja'janan exudes apathy. Any creatures within 20 feet of him will naturally feel the effects of his emotion. The longer they stay within that radius, the more apathetic they will become. They just start to loose interest in the world, in their problems, in everything. They shroud themselves with uncare and resist feeling much of any emotion for themselves or the world around them. Depending on the creatures willpower, it may take longer for them to succumb to such disinterest, but no one can resist it forever. It is up to the SoA's owner to decide how much of a grip Nemanja's oozing apathy will have on their character. Once they get out of the 'circle of meh' the effects will begin to gradually wear off. How long they linger just depends how long they stayed near Apathy - someone who walked in and walked out would likely shake off the feeling swiftly, where someone who hung with him for days or weeks on end would take the 3-day max to shake off the effects.

This isn't something Nemanja'janan has much sway over. It just happens, he doesn't focus on it, it just kind of is there. He COULD probably diminish its effects if he really focused or tried, but he doesn't and likely wouldn't find a reason to do so anyway. He doesn't care enough to do so.

Permanent Power
Apathy Divine: This is a permanent curse of apathy. Nemanja'janan can curse (or bless, depending) a creature to never have to feel emotions again. They will become the epitome of uncaring and won't have to feel heartbreak, joy, sorrow, grief, excitement, etc. etc. again. They will lose those feelings of care permanently and Apathy cannot lift the curse once it is in place. He takes emotions away, he can't exactly give them back. (Just a note: This does not mean that another God's curse or curses will not work on the jinxed creature. If Obsession makes a SoA who is cursed to apathy obsessed, then said SoA will succumb to that feeling, but ONLY the emotion the other god is putting in place. He/She will still not feel other emotions until Apathy Divine gets lifted.) This curse is not a generational thing either. Any cubs that a cursed SoA has will not be affected.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:49 pm
Looking For:

God RP! I would love for him to meet other gods and goddesses. I also would be up for filling in holes in his history, or pre-determined past relationships such as cubhood friends or enemies and stuff.

Goddess Mate: Nemanja had fallen in love with a mortal during his youth. Unfortunately, he also accidentally killed her. Because of that, he refuses to let himself linger long around mortals. They may choose to follow him, but he will never ling in one place for long, and does his best not to grow attached.

Because of how frail mortals are, it would be nice if he found a goddess mate. I would prefer it to be sweeter relationship, so he might find reason to open up and care again, as opposed to some villainous scheme.

I had know at least one person was interested, but am doubling back to see if they were still up for testing the waters. <<
- Testing the Waters

Cub Exposure: Any cubs want to use him as jungle gym? He hasn't been around cubs much, though I'm unsure how he might respond. They can chew on him, ride on him, or even claim to adopt him, lawl. He kind of goes along with everything.

Worshipers/Pride: I . . . don't know who in their right mind would actually look to Apathy or call upon him, but . . . he's certainly open for it. He'd never actually join a pride though, but he certainly has no objections visiting.

Lessons in Grooming: Nemanja is a mess. His mane is disheveled, his wings and feathers are molting, and his fur is in patches. He needs someone to look after him a little, someone to at least help clean him up. He'd be pretty handsome if he . . . you know. . tried. He wouldn't stop someone from doing it, but he also wouldn't try to keep up with his appearance either. . . .

Flings: I used to say Nemanja wouldn't fling because it's just . . too much work. But thinking about it, I realize he honestly wouldn't care one way or another. He couldn't claim it was too much work because that would mean he actually CARED about how much work it took to fling. So . . . if someone asks, he'd . . . likely do it. Because once again, he just doesn't care. If someone wants seer cubs, or wants his spawn, who is he to deny them? It doesn't matter in the end.

Anything & Everything: If you have any plots you might want to include Nemanja in, I'm game. General RP. Super heavy plots. Super silly plots. Whatever, he's down. The more exposure to others, the more I can figure out what it's going to take to get him to care again . . .or feel . . .  

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:50 pm
This is pretty casual, there is no form to fill out. Just link me your SoA interested in meeting him, and your plot ideas, and we'll be pretty good to go!  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:36 pm
Boudica could always try to harass him into a reaction. xD!  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:05 am
Certainly!

Though . . . he is pretty darned stubborn. So if she doesn't get much of a reaction, I apologize in advance. x3 But she's certainly able to try!  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:33 am
Uta. Uta. He needs to meet Kubwa. I want to see how long she can last. xd  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Nyhility

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:04 pm
Heya Uta~
Don't know if you are interested or not, but let me know if you'd like to continue with our Immortal rp. Even if just for rp count. n_n It's been a while, and I know I'm not the most active rper, so if you're no longer interested then I understand. x3

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:05 pm
Uta

I think, Hesper, would be interested in meeting and helping Janan with his grooming. Anything to gain favor from a God. Haha. Plus, his lack of care will make her usual attempts at doing wooing another, useless. I would like to see this with her.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:46 pm
Zingling

I would absolutely love to let Nemanja'janan meet your Hesper. She can try to win favor from him all she wants, haha, but I promise you he'll be a challenge. He could definitely use the development though!

Nyhility

Yesss! I am so sorry for forgetting about that one, eep. I will definitely get a tag out to you! Poor Sayida, stuck with an intruder in her cave. And as apathetic a beast as him. You know I love to write with you, and don't mind slowness. I just hope you can forgive my forgetfulness.

Redbud-Tree

Of course~! :3 I will be more than happy to let him meet her, haha.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:30 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22995471

Better take the opportunity when she's talking wink  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items