{PRP}The Set Up{N'Seka x Malaya}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:25 pm
User Image

Malaya paced. Her breath huffed out several times. How dare her brother set her up like this then abandon her. He had set up a meeting place and time to meet the lion he thought she should pair up with. Unfortunately, something important had come up, and he couldn't be here. The nerve of her brother!

She turned to pace back the other way. Her tail twitched in irration at her sibling. Oh she'd get him back. Some how. The black lioness paused to look around. Did she hear pawsteps? No no it was just the wind. She sighed. It wasn't like her to be worked up like this. Besides she'd only promised her brother to meet the male. She could always say no to him. He might not show either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:57 am
User ImageN'Seka's belly felt as if it was filled with butterflies, but he welcomed this new kind of queasiness. It was different than that of the disease, and very distracting, but it meant something good. With a bit of luck he'd meet his future mate today. The young male had finally caved in and asked a Matchmaker to help find a suitable mate for him. He wasn't getting any younger or any healthier and he knew it was time to do his part. It was intimidating to sign over the decision making to someone else, but in a way it was nice to let someone else do the legwork.

He had picked a matchmaker familiar to him and one pretty close to him in age. He was sure the older matchmakers were very competent too, but some of them were a bit scary... Athair had told him he'd set up a meeting with one of his sisters, but N'Seka hadn't thought to ask if it was one of his full sisters or one of his half-sisters. And since Athair was one of Sliabh's children it could mean many different girls. N'Seka had played with most of the ones close to him in age when he was younger, and seen the rest around. He knew them all by looks and name, but he hadn't really talked to all of them, and didn't know what they were like. But Athair was nice... and he hopefully liked his sisters... So he wouldn't set him up for failure, would he?

He took a deep breath and spat out the herbs he had been chewing to make sure his cough wouldn't bother him tonight. Nearly there, a quick glance at the sky told him he was on time, give or take. He picked up the pace and turned a corner to see the lioness that might just be the one.

"Malaya," he said, glad to see someone familiar. They hadn't talked much since he got sick again, but she had grown up beautifully. He hoped he didn't disappoint. With the help of his brothers he had groomed meticulously, but he knew he wasn't as well built as the healthier males.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:43 pm
The female jumped. Startled by the voice. All at once, she knew who it was and turned to face N'Seka. Malaya gave a slight smile to hide her nervousness. It felt doubly awkward meeting him here like this. She had hoped that he was a carrier like herself and had previously spent a great deal of time with him. Then to her horror he had gotten sick again. Sometimes the disease did that; making a lion think it had left them. With the return of his illness she had spent less and less time around him. She had really only see him in passing.

Malaya scuffed her paw in the dirt and ducked her head. "Hi N'Seka. How are you feeling today?" She wondered why he was up and walking around. The dark lioness eyed her friend with appreciation. He might be sick, but she'd grown up with it her whole life. She knew how to look past that. Malaya had enjoyed his company when they were younger. But what would the male she was meeting think about her talking to N'Seka? He might assume he was suppose to meet someone else.

Her red eyes looked around for any other males. Only dark N'Seka was there. Then an incling of suspicioun made her knot her brows. Her brother woudn't...... She had to find out. "S'Neka? Um are you here to meet someone?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:21 am
magnadearel

N'Seka knew that Malaya had been a bit uncomfortable around the sick when she was younger. He wondered if that was still the case, and if she would be put off by his less than perfect health. Even an outsider would be able to see the telltale signs that N'Seka wasn't completely healthy. He lacked the muscle mass of a healthy lion, and despite a lot of grooming his coat didn't shine. The grooming and herbs had taken care of the more obvious signs however, and he hoped it would be enough.

"I'm feeling well," he said and smiled, "Thank you. Lady Pestilence likes to make sure I'm not forgetting her, but tonight I'm all yours."

But he should probably avoid too much priestly talk tonight, and he was sure that the Lady wouldn't mind. He noticed how Malaya kept looking around, and when she asked he realised why. He'd heard that some Matchmakers could mess with you, but he hadn't thought that Althair would play his own sister.

"Your brother didn't tell you either?" he asked and then laughed, "Athair just said he'd set up a meeting with one of his sisters. Not a very helpful clue, really. I'm not even sure how many sisters there are..."

He was pretty sure none of Sliabh's daughters had been called back to Lady Pestilence yet, but there were still so many he had trouble remembering how many they were. But perhaps Althair had tried to help, in his own way. N'Seka wasn't sure if he would have been more or less nervous if he knew he'd meet Malaya.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:55 am
Annchen

If it had been anyone else, Malaya probably would have left right then. But this was N'Seka. One of the few lions she'd spend a fair amount of time with, and consequencely felt comfortable with. She felt herself relaxing and smiled at him.

"That's good to hear. No one likes to be forgotten, least of all her." She blushed when he promised the night was hers. Was he flirting? Well this was after all arranged by a matchmaker. That brother of hers! Malaya flicked her tail and suddenly decided to enjoy her time with N'Seka regardless of Athair.

She joined him in a hearty laugh when she realized they had both been douped. On the upside neither one of them had expectations. Malaya snorted with amusement. "Of course not. He was suppose to be here with me, but something 'important' came up. Now I think it was just a set up." She gave him a wide grin. "Perhaps I can help you with that. Athair has two sisters, but of half-sisters...." She gave a vage wave of her paw. Who knew how many there were around.

With a sudden desition she turned to N'Seka. "What would you like to do tonight? Lets go enjoy ourselves."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:32 pm
magnadearel

"Makes me wonder if he was afraid you'd kick his butt for this," N'Seka said, "I hope you're not terribly disappointed."

But he knew Malaya, and she looked happy and relaxed, not disappointed or prone to violence. Had she looked disappointed to be in his company he would already have been on his way. It would just have been too humiliating to go through with this if she wasn't happy about it.

"Sounds like a plan," he said, trying to think of something enjoyable to do. He had brainstormed with his brothers while they helped him get ready, but all those suggestions seemed to be gone from his head. N'Seka didn't want to eat something since the herbs he had chewed made his mouth and throat numb. Very good if you didn't want to be bothered by a cough, but very bad if you decided to eat since it was easier to choke on something. Ahem, but he wasn't going to share that particular piece of information with Malaya.

"How about a walk," he suggested, "The hills beyond the dens are nice, over by the small stream. We can always plot our revenge on the way there."

He remembered going there as a child. It wasn't very far so it shouldn't be a problem to go there. But it was still secluded enough for some privacy.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:47 am
Annchen

"Oh he knows I'm going to after this." She laughed. "One was or another I'll get him back so he'd better watch his rear closely."

Malaya shook her head and brushed her nose against his shoulder. "No. In a way I think I'm glad my brother picked someone I knew over someone I didn't." In truth she'd been slightly worried about that. The whole pride knew about Sliabh's scores of children. She didn't have to worry about that if she chose N'Seka as her mate. The thought made her glance at him. She couldn't keep thinking of him as the young lion she'd first met.

Instead she looked toward where he suggested. The distance didn't seem too far to her, but to one sick it could be another matter. Malaya would have to make sure that she kept herself to his pace.

"That sounds like an excellent idea N'Seka. Do you want to help me get back at my brother then?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm
magnadearel

N'Seka didn't say anything about it, but he was truly grateful that Malaya paced her steps so that he wouldn't have trouble walking with her. In fact, he could walk and hold up his side of the conversation, with only short pauses to catch his breath.

"I should say I'm required to take your side now," N'Seka said and winked, "Seeing as he's matched us up and all. Between the two of us we should be able to come up with something truly awful. I think I could get hold of a herb that would turn his fur green..."

One of his childhood friends, Mlinzi the apothecary, had a keen interest for herbs. N'Seka had never worked up the same enthusiasm for them, but he could see that they were useful. While he didn't have Mlinzi's knowledge, N'Seka had managed to remember some interesting factoids about non-medicinal uses for their common medicinal plants. Like the powerful colour you'd get if you'd mash up the right one. He'd just have to visit his friend and get some pointers.

N'Seka didn't talk as much on the way up the hill, and instead enjoyed the way the grass felt against his paws. It was very nice to sit down and look out over the many dens below.

"I'd like to ask something," N'Seka said when he had settled. His mouth was dry as bone, but he didn't think it was because of the herbs he'd chewed, "I apologise if I seem too forward, but one shouldn't take time for granted, right?"

This was hard to say, but he needed to know. He had put his destiny in the capable paws of Althair, and he couldn't be happier with the female the matchmaker had chosen for him. He just needed to know that she was happy too.

"Malaya, would you like to go ahead with this match?" he finally managed to ask, "It's fine if you don't want to, I still value your friendship. But I hope we could be happy together."

He realised he was rambling, so he decided to shut up for now.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:36 pm
Annchen

Malaya kept herself to a leasurely pace. Lifting her head to scent the breeze as it hurried on its way. She didn't have to hurry or rush she kept reminding herself.

The black lioness snickered as N'Seka winked. Oh she could have lots of fun with this. Her ears perked as he mentioned green fur. That could certainly be interesting! Malaya contemplated enjoying the results of that endeavor as they reached the hill. She turned herself into the wind and gave a happy sigh. It felt strange to her to feel content. Usually she was wound so tight.

Discretely she watched N'Seka from the corner of her eye. He really was a nice lion. His next words caused something like a shiver over her pelt. Take time for granted? Malaya uneasily considered his words. She glanced away to hide the feeling that flashed across her face.

It was a fact she couldn't hide from; not anymore. The pride was cursed with a disease. Those affected by it usually didn't live long or active lives. Malaya took several deep breaths. Was N'Seka worth devoting herself too? I can always find someone immune or a carrier like me, she thought to herself. There wasn't many, but there was a few.

But will I love them like I think I can love N'Seka? That was it wasn't it? Risk not being hurt over not being loved. Agonizingly Malaya came to her decision. She turned to face N'Seka, watching him with her deep red eyes.

"I. Yes, I think my brother chose wisely for me."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:35 am
magnadearel

N'Seka let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. It had been agonising to watch her think in silence, and his heart was still racing. But she had finally looked back at him, and she had said the words he longed to hear. He had been nervous about going to a Matchmaker, but it had been worth it.

"I'm glad," was all he said, before gently head butting her side. There were other matters to consider, but he didn't want to think about them now. They could sort out living arrangements, and how to tell parents, siblings and friends later. Courting in Kitwana'antara could be very speedy affairs, but it was the way it had to be done. If you waited for the perfect moment, one or both might pass on, and that was why there were Matchmakers who could help things along. He hoped that Lady Pestilence would let him stay with Malaya and make her happy for as long as he could. But no matter how long or short time they'd get together, he'd treasure it.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 am
Annchen

She chuckled softly as he head butted her. "I am to." Malaya wrapped her leg over his neck and started to groom his ear. No matter what came in the future she was content for the moment.

FIN  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff