Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Spoilers: How did Naruto fail the Chunin exams?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Absu-toth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:38 pm
I noticed in Vol 26 or somewhere around there when Naruto meets Shikamaru and Temari everyone expect him is a Chunin or higher. Someone explain this to me especially since he beat Neji in the second Chunin tournament or did the Judges just act like jerks and not pass him? I know they passed Shikamaru even though he lossed because they thought he showed humility to protect his comrads and would be a good leader.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:49 pm
Highlight to read. After that Chuunin Exam, the only one to get passed was Shikamaru. Then, when Naruto left the village for a few years and then returned, everyone else had already retaken the Chuunin Exam at some point and passed, since it is held twice each year. Naruto, who was gone, didn't have a chance to take it again. That's why he's still a genin and everyone else of them is a chuunin.  

Inwit

vppv

Distinct Hunter

850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:18 am
cool... we're still in the 3rd series here
in the philippines... i didn't know these
info... thanks!!! spoiler yes - but i think
it makes the episodes more exciting...

vppv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Highlight to see spoiler: Naruto left Konoha for 3 years to train. I can't remember who he left with... I think it was Jiraiya.
Naruto returns 3 years later to find out everyone has taken and passed the test. Only a few; such as Temari and Neji, took whatever test to become Jounin. No one else has attempted the Jounin, "test" yet.
Whee.

If you mean the first time he took it, the Chuunin exam isn't decided by who won, but how they won. Shikamaru actually lost by default. surprised

Syndactyly

Absu-toth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:14 pm
So that was the 3 years after the whole battle with Gaara which picks back up in Vol 28 (I think) when Naruto is older. Ah ok so the Chunin exams were put on hold due to the big battle thus explaining why Naruto didn't get to finish them because when they were reschedualed he was with Jairye (however you spell his name) and since Sakura was still in Khonona [sic] village getting trained by Tsunade then she would have gotten the chance to finish the Chunin exams. Ah ok. Now I see. Ah poor Naruto he will have to go through all the stuff again.  
Naruto Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games